Claws

Itaeo

Question- when playing a Wylderkin- or any race that has claws what is most commonly used to represent that? do you make a glove with claws on it? (claws of legal foam or other soft stuff)

What is the norm? Thanks! And any suggestions for crafting something would be really appreciated!

any fully red boffer of small length. you can usually cover them with red tights.

Claws are short boffers from 28" to 36" long, tip to tip that are primarily red in color. While I don't know of any commercially available latex weapons out there that could be used as claws, there is no prohibition against them as long as they meet the length, red coloration and safety requirements of your chapter.

Are you talking about phys-reps to use for the Claws racial ability, or claw-like gloves as a costume element? If you are using them for combat, you need to use the red boffers as described above; you aren't required to represent claws as part of your costume. I don't think I've ever seen someone incorporate decorative claws into their costume, although it's an interesting idea. As long as they're soft and don't present a safety hazard, I don't see why you couldn't have claws on your gloves. Just don't use them to punch people. :)

Oh heavens I wouldn't use anything hard or sharp! that wouldn't be safe at all! :3
I was thinking of needle felting claws onto a pair of gloves- a Wylderkin character I have in mind has claws for digging and fighting. So I was thinking it might be an interesting add on for a costume element. Like the gloves that have fingers you can fold back- so I can still use my humanoid fingers for delicate things and still have claws when I want the full on clawed effect.

*facepalms*

Thank you Carly. I completely missed the boat on that one.

I apologize for missing the point Itaeo.

No worries!
I can see how it could be confusing if there are actually weapon "claws"
But I meant soft little things on my gloves to give the effect of claws for a animal.

I definitely have seen people do decorative claws- Biata can occasionally have a claw-hand even when they don't use actual claws for fighting. The ones I've seen used the simple cheap gloves and had sculpey claws glued on, with feathers glued on the rest of the glove since it's a bird claw type thing. The fold-back finger idea is definitely a good one though.

Back