Interested New Player Here

Unfortunately it is doubtful I'd be able to make April's event though, so I am hoping to make the May one instead. I have tried the contact link on the website, but figured I'd give a shout out here as well.

That's it, show's over...

;)

Welcome to the Alliance!

Just to let you know, a lot of Southern Minnesota (SoMN) players and staff play in the Chicago chapter, and vice versa, and Chicago has an event this weekend, so you might not get a response right away from the e-mail.

Glad to see you are interested, would you like to introduce yourself further? What's your name? Where are you from? What most interests you about LARPing?

We're very friendly people and enjoy getting to know new players to help you have the most amount of fun at events. :)

My name is Dan, and I've been roleplaying for about 20 Years or so, Just moved to Anoka Minnesota from a tiny town in Southeast Ohio called East Liverpool (Pottery Capitol of the U.S. ... Supposedly). My fondest recollections of LARPing is the camaraderie and the sheer goofy fun of it, also pretty good cardio when I played a cowardly alchemist. I've been looking at the rulebook and trying to figure out what to play. Of course I'm not sure how important that is right away since I do plan to NPC for at least 3-4 events before I ever play as a PC.

Hi Dan,
NPCing for the first couple events is a solid plan, as it will allow you to get a feel for our Chapter and get some good ideas for what you might like to PC.

Looking forward to seeing you at one of the upcoming events.

Yeah its kinda funny I never NPCed when I played before so I feel like I missed out on an important part of the overall experience. I'm also hoping once I see some players in action I'll be able to more easily decide what to actually play. :)

It's a hoot NPCing here. Hope you have a good enough time that I can meet some new blood at the national event.

Welcome! I play a Biata named Socora and run the tavern (when I am not out beating on NPC's). Being an NPC is the best! I did it for a couple of years before bringing out Socora. Mostly it was a cost saving thing at the time. But you get a good lay of the land, never have to worry about dying - as you get to just keep coming back :) Also, you earn extras that you can use to beef up your PC when you finally create it. Also, NPC's don't have to pay me in game money to eat :) Double the savings!!

Welcome Dan!

Mind if I ask where you've been LARPing before? It's a real fun bunch of folks here. Looking forward to having you out.

It was 12-13 years ago in the Pittsburgh and Ohio/west Virginia chapters of Nero I played a scholar specializing in alchemy. It was fun though in the long run I feel that my PC was less fun than the game itself. :)

Last edited:
Did you play at WAR? I used to play at NERO Indiana, Cincinnati, and occasionally WAR before I moved up here a few years ago. I don't think we would've met (I played there like 2008-2011) but we probably know at least a few of the same people.

Yeah it was the WAR chapter and I also played a couple of times at PRO (Pittsburgh), actually sitting down to think about... I played 1998-2000.... roughly in that time frame. So HOLY CRAPOLY, over 15 years ago. Suddenly feeling my age. Good thing I refuse to let it matter. lol But yeah long long time ago in a kingdom far far away. I do remember a few names of players from back then, but they were all people I knew from before playing. There were 3 of us that were High School friends and gamed together, and two more whom I had known in elementary school that I reunited with through playing.

i never had the opportunity to play at WAR(too many life things get in the way) I started out in that area back when I started NERO back in 2004(Valor, Vorpl, Piedmont, Metro, NcN) curious who ya knew in that area i have to admit

Back