--National Event-- (How Are People Getting There?)

raz5551

Artisan
Traverse City Staff
Any one interested in getting in on this info sharing please input. we need to get this figured out.

We should start putting together a plan. That mean vehicle cost, gas, food, est.

facts:
one way
12hr drive time
640 miles

-The best route is over the mackinaw bridge.
-looked into takeing the boat over the water down by Grand Rapids it is way not cost efficient.
-There is no direct train that makes it worth useing.
-car pool seems to me to be the best way. both by cost and practicality.

Car & costs:

45 Gal. of gas one way
based off $4.00 a Gal.
$180 one way
so if everyone put in $75 for gas that would get 5 people there and back.
(Im rounding up a little because of ware on a vehicle that will be over loaded.)

-I'm willing to drive. (Also for those that are going early I am willing and able)
-using my car I could fit 4 other people and there stuff if we pack well.
-Loaded i would be getting about 15 miles to the gallon.
-my car is smoke free

-----Things we need to know-----

--when do we need to leave to get there
(To:Chris & Dave when do you need to leave to make it to the meeting?)
--do people want to stop and eat or bring food and drive through it.?
--who is interested?
--I was thinking for my car
Dave, Chris, Mark, Tory and my self

but PLEASE post if you are interested don't want anyone left out because they could not find a ride. lets make this work and run smoothly!!!

Last edited:
I would love to go to the national event! I've been trying to find people who are going as well, this post is a lifesaver :p

What else is involved other than the $75 and food? Like meeting place and all that

Yay! I am going from Chitown. Let me know if anyone is planning to come my way. I will probably be driving the Elle mobile. :)

What else is involved other than the $75 and food? Like meeting place and all that
are you willing to be another driver? we could try and find some people to fill your vehicle. if you are willing to drive post your Gas cost, seating amount, and any other pertinent info like if you allow smoking est.

The smoking, no. The driving, quite possibly. Just need to make sure my dad will be home so my family has a car. If so, then yes, I can drive.

Yay! I am going from Chitown. Let me know if anyone is planning to come my way. I will probably be driving the Elle mobile. :)
please post your gas cost, seating / storage, route you are thinking of taking, and anything else you can think of.

If any folks are headed down to Chicago before the National Event. I may have room in my car. To spread out the load of traveling.

For me, my Neon takes about 40 bucks in gas per tank. The route I am personally taking is I-90 west to US 52. Its about 383 miles there (766 round trip) and take about 6 or so hours.

Car holds 4 people (me + 3) who pack light and are willing to hold stuff and sit around long weapons. Usually this requires one-two bags only per and bedding smooshed as much as possible. (It's a Neon afterall).

First come, first serve. Contact me if you're going to be around the area. This offer will also be extended to East coasters and locals.

Thanks.

Vicki

With Nationals drawing closer we need to figure out who's going, who wants to go, and who needs a ride

I've already pre-paid and am looking for a ride down
I've talked with James (Razz) about a carpooling but nothing finalised

I can most likely go, as long as I can trade some shifts at work, which I know I can.

If everyone pays for gas (splitt he cost

Crap. *split the cost. I can drive down. Gotta warn you all, it's a suburban and gas will hurt, but I can also take 6 other people (if luggage doesn't overflow)

Sorry if this is a bit late, but Ian (Banradi) and I (Taios) are looking to find some people to pool together and rent a big van for the National event. We were thinking of getting a 12 person van for about 10 people and our Stuff (total including us), so if you are interested let me know. We would leave on Friday from East Lansing, so it would just be getting down here, and I believe that even with a rental fee it would be cheaper than driving your own car there in gas money.

When are you and in planning on leaving?

I would imagine game-on would be around 10ish that Friday, and with it being a 10.5 hour drive from EL, we'd probably leave no later than 10am that morning, just to give us some extra time for food/bathroom breaks/getting lost/etc. However, if anyone else is interested, we can change that time around fairly easily if it works better... We're pretty flexible.

Rumor has it there are 6 people going from the Traverse crowd (though not all from the Traverse area per sae). This means at least 2 vehicles, neither will have a full 5 people, so the gas split will be a bit more per person. Anyone that hasn't made ride arrangements should speak now or forever hold their peace.

On a side note... for those going down early, I presume hotel rooms are involved? Or will the site be open? If it is, is there extra cost for staying on site a day or two early?

A hotel will be involved if you go early. Good news is you can get it done for fairly cheap (under 70 a night). The site doesn't open until Friday afternoon/evening.

If folks want, we could open up our Permanent site for hosting, but that is about 90 minutes away from the site and would be a bit of extra total driving.

Back