Possibly stupid question but... Leveling up?

• Thread starter Deleted member 30620
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30620

Last event was the first one that I attended, and I have every intention on going to the next one, and even potentially the Oregon event as well. All that aside, what is the process of leveling up my character? Do I just send logistics an updated version like "Yo, this is new and improved Avisto Fox!" or is there a little more too it than that. I know the handbook goes into how experience is gained a little bit, but I unfortunately has a computer that is so terrible that it can't even open .pdf files (said terrible computer is why I don't frequent the forums as much as I'd like either). Thanks again for answering what I'm assuming is probably a pretty dumb question. :p

Not a stupid question at all. You're good. ;) Just email your home chapters logistics asking them how many free build points you have. Once they let you know, tell them what you want to buy with them. Also, in case you havn't already, you can follow this link to receive instructions on how to view your most recent character card online. We look forward to seeing more of you at game.
http://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/the-new-new-online-database.18404/

Also, as a newer player of the game, feel free to fire questions at newplayer@alliance-seattle.com.

It's entirely true you can ask Logistics for your current build amount and spend accordingly, however, you can also say

"Hey, I'd like to update Avisto Fox with these purchases in order:

Blacksmithing
Weapon Proficiency
Style Master
<etc>

Logistics will spend your build in that order, and if you don't have enough build to cover your entire list, awesome. Heck, you could create a document with your entire progression, submit it, delete the items that you get, and resubmit it next time minus the things you already got. :)

Something that should be brought up:

Usually you will need to be taught a skill that you don't already possess. For instance, if you have learned Critical Attack but not Weapon Proficiency, you will need to have someone in-game teach you that skill before you can purchase it with BP between games.

I'm simply pointing this out for your future knowledge. Since this is your second event, you're actually eligible for an entire character rewrite which does not require having learned the skill first.

You should totally come out to an Oregon game, by the way. We love new players. :D

If he comes, it'll likely be with me and IG brother in tow. Prepare yourself. :p

Yeah, I already learned what I plan on getting in game, so no worries there.

Protip: Get taught all the skills early, even if you won't be able to learn them for a year. Teacher tags don't expire, and it's a great way to make connections with people.

Protip: Get taught all the skills early, even if you won't be able to learn them for a year. Teacher tags don't expire, and it's a great way to make connections with people.
This is good advice. Even if it is coming from Evan.

Back