SUMMER WRITE-UP GUIDELINES

Strava Plot

Gettysburg Staff
Dear Players -

Below I will outline the 2 structures for your Summer Plot Submissions. Please understand that the deadlines set below are set fast and no allowance or exception will be made for late submissions.

Also understand that your plot submissions may include OOG instructions or information to help me better understand the whereabouts and actions of your character as well as relevant IG dialogue. Plot will respond in kind, either via a written response or IG follow-up; if the latter, we will further communicate with you to ensure you are present to receive your follow-up. Please be patient regarding IG follow-up; sometimes, one character's actions build the foundations of entire events, and that takes us a little extra time to accommodate you.

Regardless of its format, plot will email you prior to the August event to let you know if you were successful/unsuccessful or if you will receive your follow-up IG.

If you have questions about this, please barranplot@gmail.com with the SUBJECT: Questions About Plot Responses.

Option A: One Major Action You may submit your Summer Write-up as a single submission, due July 15, 2014. This is a standard Summer Write-up Structure, allowing you the ability to contemplate your 2 1/2 months of actions and submit them at one time (again, deadline 7/15/14). This allows you to do large actions over a period of time without interruption (e.g. I sail around the waters of Barran, pillaging and raiding pirate ships for the whole time).

Option B: Two Minor Actions You may submit your Summer Write-up as 2 individual actions (e.g. I do this, then this), due July 21, 2014. Each individual action may receive an individual response or you may receive a response after your final submission. This, ideally, provides an opportunity for you to interact with plot on a smaller scale basis regarding smaller, specific objectives.

With both of these options, please note any relevant Guild affiliations.

Please submit your plot submissions via the Alliance Gettysburg page at http://alliancegettysburg.com/plot-submission/
If you fail to submit your plot write-up via the website (without prior approval), you will receive an email that states you must make your submission through the website before your write-up will be read or responded to. When you submit your plot through the plot submission page, please use the "Summer Write-up" radio button. My plot team will get the email from the site and I can track and assign responses easier.

Thank you all for your cooperation. Again, if you have questions - please email barranplot@gmail.com. Cannot wait to read your write-ups!

Emily Desmarais, Head of Plot - Alliance LARP Gettysburg

Hi everybody! It is a week after the deadline for even the two minor actions, and we are still receiving plot submissions. With that said, we regret to announce that we can not accept further plot submissions until after the August event.

Thanks for your patience, and see you in a few weeks!

Alliance Gettysburg Management

Would it be possible to for a message to go out to the people who's submissions have been received and will be responded to?

Several have been sent, and others are in process. However, I don't see any from you at this point Justin. Did you send it through the website? If not, where did you send it?

Two were sent through the website as instructed.

One for me and one for my wife on the 15th.

I tried to send mine two different times, but I'm having a lot of problems with my tablet, so I'm not sure it went through...

I'll be looking into these tonight - David

I sent mine on the 13th but haven't heard anything yet. I even have my confirmation email!

Hey y'all,

Please remember: excepting circumstances like Sarah's where there may have been an error with the site, we still have over three weeks until our fall opener, and our primary plot staff is only three-ish people, two of whom are days away from their wedding and they are understandably very busy. Per our staff policy, you will receive a response or notification of a pending in-game response, but plot is people, too.
If, however, we get within the ten-day range, please email me at barran.customer.service@gmail.com or message me here and I will do my very best to help.

We apologize for keeping you waiting and appreciate your patience.

Thank you,
Kris - AGB Customer Service

For future reference, what are the appropriate channels to confirm that a submission has been received? I know I sent one about 2 weeks after the last event but I don't want to pester our already-over-stretched plot team with useless emails. However, I also don't want to not get my IBGA processed, so I'm not quite sure how to check in the least intrusive way possible.

Thanks!
Frisco

If you submitted your write-up via the AGB website plot submission form, you should have received a confirmation email.

As of this May, we are no longer accepting plot submissions via email. I believe we made this announcement AT the May event, which I know you couldn't attend. If you did not submit your IBGA/downtime action via the site, please do so and include a note stating you have my permission to do so. There's no point in penalizing you for not hearing something you weren't around to hear. :)

Last edited:
Is this confirmation an automated function of the site or is it people-driven?

Also, does this pertain to the logistics pre-reg form?

All of the forms on AGB's website are automated and intended to let you know that your submission was successful and made it to the respective staff member's inbox. I am the exception to that rule, as I prefer to handle everything individually and am relatively certain I do not have a fancy website form.

The reason we have chosen to do this is to avoid submissions being sent to personal email addresses or incorrect ones we no longer use. We don't want to miss anyone's submissions because they were sent to the incorrect address.

Last edited:
Totally understandable.

So when there is not an automated response received, what is the correct procedure?

Sorry for the delay in my own response!
Please resubmit through the site with a note I have given you permission to do so. If you still fail to receive an automated response, please sent it to both barranplot@gmail.com and CC barran.customer.service@gmail.com with an addendum before the writeup explaining you never received an automated response from the site form and that I instructed you to email it directly to ensure it was received.

Again, it's never cool to punish someone for technical difficulties on our end. Send it our way and in the meantime I'll speak with plot and the chapter owner to see if we received it.

I've already gotten mine in, I was more looking for the correct way to handle the situation in the future.

Let's say I submit my action and don't get a response back.

Should I just resubmit it at that point? Should I resubmit and then email it in?
Should I be emailing someone to let them know I submitted and didn't get an auto response ?

I'm looking more for a general guideline for the future rather than a what I should be doing in this specific situation

Back