Garb question

French hoods even jeweled are ok-- not encroaching on sumptuary laws- correct?

Thank you:)

There are no IG laws regulating what you can and cannot wear.

You have said... Both dangerous and freeing words to me....but I shall let discretion rule my actions... To a degree ;-)

Also thank you for your reply!!That I will try very hard not to abuse:)

There's not really anything to abuse... Just keep in mind a few OOG costuming guidelines: nothing obscene, nothing that would be mistaken for a game mechanic (IE, don't wear a white headband or an orange headband marked "PAGE"), and nothing that would make you resemble another playable race. I'd also shy away from anything that would make another player reasonably assume that the costume is intended to rep anything other than clothing. As in, don't wear a skull mask or fairy wings because people will assume you're supposed to be a skeleton or a fairy.

Edit: The closest we have to an IG rule about costuming is that a white belt signifies knighthood and a red cord belt signifies squireship.

Oh no no nothing I would "abuse" is in that manner--- more like--- bling--- but I am not so bold or unwise to push boundaries to far in the Bling department :)

Again thank you for your response!

Seriously, if you want to wear ALL THE BLING, go right ahead, it's not gonna cause problems for your character. Wayside has no fashion police. Wear whatever you want. :)

Oh- Kyle- the things you say... Freeing and dangerous!!!! :-D

Again thank you!

ury7utys.jpg
pysyjeqa.jpg
zegaruge.jpg
unude8e8.jpg

These are examples of things I will likely incorporate into some fashion choices... All are expectable - correct?

Form a historical standpoint none of those are indicators of anything, simply fashion. But I am aware this is a fantasy game so I do not want to step on any toes accidentally.

Thank you again, sorry to be a bother but I both a thing for a headpieces and a general garb-ahaulic issue:)

That I'm aware of, in addition to what has been said already, as long as it's not a straight up crown/tiara or jeweled circlet, it should be fine.

Thank you---while I have an extensive collection of crowns tiaras and jeweled circlets- I am wise enough to leave them at home :)

I appreciate all the input, I tend to break sumptuary laws without even trying;-)

On the crown / tiaras Don't has in the past worn her crown. It was stolen but she has gotten a replacement. would this be a problem? I wouldn't want to break any rules by wearing it... Just making sure everything is OK rules wise.

You're not breaking any OOG rules by wearing fancy jewelry, and the only IG issue it might cause is if people mistake you for nobility, which I don't think is an issue for Don't.

I dunno, Don't has already told me she's and empresses somewhere or another....

Back