Thanks for the event

Mathis

Scholar
Just wanted to drop a note to everyone who took time to make last weekend a lot of fun. Can't wait to see everyone again in a month.

Matt

Before coming to South Michigan I was skeptical. I believe I talked to Chad at lunch about this some. I have been down to South Michigan ~ Kzoo 4 times now. First time sucked hard and if I wasn't playing Traverse, I would have quit, as I npc'd a same stated crunchy all weekend and it sucked. Second time as my first character, which I felt pretty useless with a lich and dragon magic flying (this was still kzoo i believe). I came down as Verdias, my dyrad, during the brood. I think 30 minutes into game was flushed out a ward by ward piercing raptors and having my arms and legs chewed off. It was a brood event, maybe 2 years ago? And then there was this one, with Raynn.

This was the best South Michigan event I have been to yet and I look forward to seeing more. Your plot and plot team are supreme, as even coming into the chapter fresh I was able to see multiple layers and inner connections. Also mod prep was great as well, clever use of extra cabins, tarps, and string lights to make a cave feel more cave like (rather then you can't go the trail into the woods cave walls). The breakfast kobolds were fun and funny, not a dumb crunchy waylay and throw poison. Chris (don't know his last name, but Link) was especially funny from weekend at Bernie'ing Talos (sp? Goblin PC) or his curtain by the door waylays.

I also had fun with PCs and everyone was welcoming. This was prob one of the turnoffs from times before was that I didn't feel welcome (everyone before seem massively higher level and I was low). Granted Mathis warded me into a tavern, confronted him about it with a few arrows, got waylay'ed, and killing blowed, I loved it on a OOG level. He made his amends and we had plenty of good conversations afterwards.

The transform night I thought was going to be crazy terrible, but was not. I liked how it gave everyone a chance to play a bit of future self and it was a character altering future for my character.

Treasure seemed fine, for what I was involved with.

Food was great and seemed to be timed pretty good (Thanks Allison!)

And yeah, that is it. Sorry I cashed out Saturday. Had a headache all afternoon and forgot to pack medicine and should have asked around for some cause it only got worse. I am hoping to make it to the September event now, assuming I still have money after wedding/honeymoon.

Thanks!
-Cory

Back