Council Chambers of the AS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechtofd

Artisan
A couple hours later Mar arrives knocking on the door he steps back trying to hide his discomfort at being in the Arcane sanctum. His thoughts drift as he considers all he had found out just recently. Touching briefly on the worry that Az'Caine might just destroy him, then dismissing that idea the man was reasonable and one of the only people alive who could likely help mar.

The heavy oak doors swing open effortlessly under the touch of the knock. Before Mar sits the Council of the Arcane Sanctum. Reagent Az'Caine sits in the center of the semi-circular raised dais and desk. To his left, Marshal Farr'Shen, the mighty Lion Saar, to his right Magi Rhialto. Beside them are Magi Kurak, the Stone Elf Magi of Portals, and an empty seat where Magi Corstar normally sits. There is a few of the Adeptus Majors of the Sanctum off to the sides, quills in hand, presumably to take notes or dictation of the proceedings.

"What brings you before the Council Corporal Mar Minakoto?" Magic Rhialto asks as the other members of the Council sit and wait for the reply.

Mar tenses at the sight of the stone elf "a matter I spoke to lord Az'Caine of at the breach" he says looking the others over frozen for a moment "He ordered me to report to him as fast as I could so here I am" Mar continues trying to push back his surprise if Az'Caine trusted these men and wanted them present for this then so be it "There is a marking on the back of my neck recent digging has indicated to me its most likely linked to dragon magic"

A murmur ripples though the Council. The ArchMage sits, his expression unchanged. He looks to the rest of the Conclave-Penta and motions for silence. "Corporal Minkato," he begins, "tell us all you know. Do not leave any detail out. Even the tiniest piece of information can help us determine the true nature of this marking." Az'Caine motions for an Adeptus to bring a chair, sensing this could take a while.

Mar sighs sitting "I had hoped to keep this brief but as you wish my lord" he says organising his thoughts "this is what I know and what I was told the marking on my neck is an ancient elven brand related to dragon magic they are quite eager to stamp out any record of" he pauses "I'm guessing that would be why i was attacked and my neck skinned last winter" Mar adds sitting up a bit "I have no information on the source or what this brand is for according to the person who told me that much the last place she knew of me being was in a library with.....apparently my fiance before it exploded" he goes quiet having trouble continuing and not wanting to say the part about the body that was found "That's all I know related to the tattoo I have no memory of the incident or indeed any memories aside from the smallest fragments of the life I was told is mine. This was all related to me by the woman who says she raised me"

"Names boy!" Marshal Farr'Shen roars, his massive paws clenching up in frustration. "Although my colleague's tone is aggressive, he is not wrong Corporal." Magi Kurak interupts in his even tone.

The ArchMage leans forward and peers at Mar, no, more like through him. "Who is this family? Who attacked you? What Library? What explosion? What is the name of this woman who apparently raised you? When and where did you speak to her?" the ArchMage, looking more annoyed than most of the time. "Do you expect the resources of the Sanctum to just start running around asking everyone what they know? We have a vast Library and a large network of Conclave-Pentas, should we just start asking them to just ask around to everyone? We don't have that time, nor the desire to do so."

The ArchMage sits back and taps his fingers on the hard oak desk. "I will ask you one last time, Corporal. Tell me EVERYTHING you know about this mark. What have you done since you came to the Breach to find information on your life, this mark and anything else? We want to help, especially if it has to do with Dragon Magic, but we cannot if we don't have all of the details."

The rest of the room falls silent. All eyes turn to Mar and await his full report. Instinctively, Mar knows this may be his last chance with the Council to state his case.

Mar sighs "The family name is Kira. I believe the name of the mother is Jatan the father's name I didn't catch, he wasn't overly willing to talk to me" he says pacing a little.

"The library in question is, at least as they tell me, the one that exploded some years ago on their estate that claimed my life as well as their son's and daughter's" he pauses. "I'm alive so I'm not giving up that the others might be as well." Mar stops in place. "I spoke to her recently on their estate, she nearly fainted when she saw the mark wanted to know where it came from, something I don't have the answer for. She is the one who told me it's related to Dragon Magic and that there are a lot of elves out there who would destroy me to erase it!" Mar returns to his chair. "I tried to find information on the mark here in the library but master Ixzit was only able to find that it was an ancient elven symbol I went to ask the Faybridge elves, and in return they came to the Breach and skinned the mark from the back of my neck. It reappeared some 4 months later when I was sent to the Earth Circle" he pauses "then there's my arrow, the gold one laced with silver" his hand moves to his scabbard where the arrow is bound "I brought it to the Sanctum and the Earth Weavers some time ago neither could find anything magical about it and yet", he pauses "when I'm seperated from the arrow the mark causes me pain and I can feel the arrow pulling at me."

Mar runs his fingers down the length of the arrow. "Though that reminds me, the tattoo has been causing me pain ever since I became a Northman" he adds, the more he talked the more details came back

"It's constant and I'm learning to work around it but at times it makes it hard to think, hard to remember things. As for how I found the family at all? Colson among the Home Guard's efforts to deal with him. He's been teasing me with information. How much more he knows I'm not sure. But he had an item that should have been destroyed in the explosion and I managed to get out of him who he bought it from a shop in Port Royale I plan to investigate that next"

Last edited:
The Council sits and assesses the words of Mar. The members all turn to the ArchMage who sits stone-faced for what feels like days. He then leans forward.

"While we cannot tell you of this family, or what happened to them, the more immediate concern is the mark upon your neck. If it is indeed tied to Dragon Magic it will have to be dealt with immediately." the ArchMage motions to several members of the Sanctum War Sages standing on guard in the chamber. "Detain Corporal Mar. Remove his gear and take it to the Home Guard barracks. Inform Colonel Dunbow of the situation and let him know that the Corporal will not be making any shifts for the foreseeable future."

The ArchMage turns to Magi Kurak. "We will need your skills in determining the origins of the Mark." to which the Magi just nods his acknowledgment. The ArchMage turns to address Mar. "Understand that we will deal with this Mark as delicately as possible, but more invasive magic may be required to properly understand it. The Sanctum will do it's best to have you back on duty as soon as possible. As to interactions with the deserter Colson, I will be demanding a full accounting of the Home Guard's dealings with the man from Colonel Dunbow. Magi Kurak will be in charge of gathering your testimony of your interactions and weighing them against the testimony of the other Home Guard you have travelled with to meet with him."

Without waiting for any further statements, Mar is taken by several Sanctum guards to a room deep within the Conclave-Penta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back