Seeking contact with those in the Deadlands who have dealt with "Witherknights".

Miragel

Good Day people of the Deadlands,

It is my sincere hope that this message reaches it's way into the hands of those who are strong of heart and mind; those who would oppose the forces who seek to starve and harm your people. Please forgive my intrusion into your dreamscape; I would prefer to make contact with other Kingdoms with good tidings, but sadly I bring news of an individual who came to mine seeking to do myself and my brethren harm.

My name is Baroness Katheryn Westing Elavir of Tiatar in the Kingdom of Acarthia, a land far across the mysts from the Deadlands. I was visited this last weekend at a Nobles gather by a "Lieutenant" Wither Knight who indicated he serves Chithiss - who I have angered by delivering food to the starving people of your lands. I seek contact with someone who is knowledgeable about Wither Knights and Chithiss.

If you need someone to vouch for my identity, please ask Goodman Heresy Northwind.

Kindly,
Baroness K.W. Elavir of Tiatar
Kingdom of Acarthia

Your Excellency: You might be talking about "Withering-Knight'"... I thought that they existed only in the Deadland', but then the Withering has tried before; to expand to other place', including my homeland in Arandin.

I can say that from multiple experience' that they are difficult to fight. The one' I have encountered are stalwart in body and strong in arm. Many time' they seem to only want to fight a small group of individual', so they are able to function like a pantherghast; and shun people away from themself'. Earth-aura-weapon' have no effect on them, so don't think of them like undead. They prefer darkness and striking when they have the upper-hand. They take on many different dark-form' and sometime' their face' are illuminated or resemble' a green masquerade mask. I have only ever seen two in the same place, there are probably very few of these creature', but I have never seen one permanently destroyed. We know that Withering-Knight' can cause grievous damage to certain person' spirit, their killing blow will even shatter-spirit' and more. Do not let have time "to play" with your fallen or incapacitated friend' or ally'. I am not certain that they will possess any of their ability' outside the Deadland'. I must admit that I did not think they existed anymore... after the victory we won against the Withering... a year ago.

Be careful and remember that you are dealing with a creature that has terrible agenda'. It feel' like a great shame; that this poison has spread to your realm unchecked. Fight well and drive them from your land'.

Is there anybody in Fortannis that doesn't know "Goodman" Heresy?

You should seek the Heirophan' and the Waste-walker', no one has had more interaction with the Withering Knight'; as they have. They may also tell you more about the origin' of the creature'.

As for Chithiss. He is an agent of evil and world-consuming darkness. Listen to him if you will, but know that he is a manipulator and his ultimate purpose was the ultimate stagnation of the world... where nothing could be created and nothing could be destroyed. Can't imagine what he is up to now.

-Santet

They are the servants of the Withering itself, which Chithiss embodies. It is indeed odd that you should see one, or even earn the ire of Chithiss, unless there are some ulterior motives involved that I am not aware of.

I highly recommend avoiding Withering Knights at all costs. We have yet to permanently kill one and we have plenty of people who have been killed or have had their spirits shattered by them. There are no 'tricks' to fighting them, and it's possible that their abilities could have shifted being so far through the mists away from Laerthan.

You're best dealing with why you've earned Chithiss' attention and try to deal with that instead of fighting the Withering's servants.

Ria Sevaria of Goshawk Keep
Heirophan of the Deadlands

I might be able to help you with this.

The b
est way to fight a Withering Knight is to give it what it wants and walk away.

In this case, that would be for you and your allies to never set foot in Laerthan again.

But it is rare that people listen to Chithiss, because he's a baaaaaad evil darkness and we can't be seen consorting with the darkness, can we?

Comply or expect further object lessons.

To be exceedingly blunt,
Now that you have people who can answer your questions, it may be advantageous to take this to a more private area of speaking.

Like where enemies cannot hear you.

-Z

Good People of the Deadlands,

Thank you kindly for those who responded with relevant context and commentary. I shall be sure to take everyone's concerns under strong advisement. Should you have further comments or questions regarding the situation please feel free to let me know. I look forward to learning more about the Deadlands and her people in time.

Kindly,
Baroness K. W. Elavir

I am getting the distinct impression that my comments don't fall under those being taken under strong advisement, and that is hilarious.

Very well. Come and learn. I'll see what I can teach you.

Unsurprisedly,
Chithiss.

Chithiss; You've never given anyone any reason to like or trust you. What is really hilarious is that you have nothing better to do than try to manage who come' in an out of the Deadland'. I'd usually just think it is because of how damaged and insane you are, but in this case; the irrelevance really stick' out. Why do you care? Did they forget to pay a toll or something? Do you really miss being repeatedly stabbed, so much?

You're a terrible teacher... you should get another job. All you're really good at is being a critic and picking the wrong-side of a fight. Does a career in law have any interest to you?
-Santet

Is that the voice of the tail-puller I hear? Don't you have better things to do than pretend like you're smart enough to mock me?

I hear Necalli is, to your discredit, still running around. Why don't you run along and play with him?
C.

Baroness Katheryn Westing Elavir,

My first thought was to apologize for the trouble I caused you and yours, but a connection between our people and lands has been forged, and I can't regret that. I think to do so would dishonor the kindness you've shown us. Instead I promise this: if the mists permit my travel to your realm I will come to you and fight beside you, be it against your enemies or ours, if you would have me.

With gratitude,
Squire Heresy Northwind

Chithiss,

Your creativity and drive are unequivocally impressive, even a little refreshing. Though your decision to send forces after distant, goodhearted benefactors might at first glance seem a little petty or scattered, I honestly trust your vision runs deep and clear. Yet you've had me thinking of the fights I've lost, when I let my attention drift, minding too many things, too many goals, no one thing getting the attention it deserved. I had hoped we deserved your undivided attention.

You certainly have my attention, Chithiss.

H.

Last edited:
Heresy,

I've spoken to the Baroness and I'm looking at traveling there sometime after the thaw. I'll let you know.

- Sevaria

Back