Introductions

Sounds like an adorable little character, and Porch has all the essentials covered. Welcome!

Wow, you actually NEED a raccoon-kin with an upbeat personality and kleptomania? This couldn't be better. I'm working on my costume as we speak, and I'm going to read up on whatever I can before the event. I'll spend all night if I must, I've been dreaming of a LARP group for many years, truthfully.

Gemclaw - shoot me an email at makhsihed @ gmail and I'll get you the local wylderkin packet. :)

Wow, you actually NEED a raccoon-kin with an upbeat personality and kleptomania? This couldn't be better. I'm working on my costume as we speak, and I'm going to read up on whatever I can before the event. I'll spend all night if I must, I've been dreaming of a LARP group for many years, truthfully.

YES. Very yes. Need. We have a lot of Wylderkin right now of varying types, and the closest thing we had to a Klepto has a large conspicuous hat that gives him away. Like seriously, great concept, and bonus points if you dig through stuff people leave behind or throw away and be all like "SUCKERS! Mine now!" and totally make profit.

Step 1: bring some additional freinds with you into game.
Step 2: all play racoon kin
Step 3: Just hang around watching people eat all like "Sup. How you doin? Naw you dont need to finish that sandwich."

Hey there, everyone :D I'm totally, completly new to all of this and could really use some help. I've tried reaching out to a few people but I havnt gotten any res ponces, so it looks like this could be the place that I need to be? I would love to join you guys but I dont know how to begin the joining prosess! So, could any of you guys give me the info I need?

First, I need to know WHERE to begin the process of signing up, and what payment plan do I need? Theres a weekend pass, a day pass, a trial membership... it's not very intuitive how it all is set up, so I could use some explaining :3 If I dont get back to you on here within like a day of you messaging me, drop me an email at Matttiematmatt@yahoo.com

The simplest basics are:

A) Check the files area on the facebook page. Lots of good information. Also check the http://www.alliancedenver.com site, as it has everything you really need to know also.
B) As Porch above says, owner@alliancedenver.com is a good source. Be patient on a response, it may take a bit, as he has a noble day job, a side business, and is generally busy.
C) The new "season" for the game starts in April. The facebook group has all the events listed. That said, there is a single-day event that would be a good intro on March 14th if you're interested.
D) Overall, feel free to read through the information that's out there, and ask questions for anything that isn't clear.
E) Welcome! Everyone is super friendly.

Well trust me, I've combed over the site over and over but the information I need just isnt there. I need to know what kind of money I'm forking up here... So I'm assuming that if I were want to go to an event, then I would need to pay the 10$ for a trial membership, ontop of the 20$ for the module day? So, after I pay for the ticket then I submit my character for approval, correct? If everything is clear after that, then where do I go?

Hey there Mat,
Thought I would follow up after the others and do a quick summary to address the payment question in your post. You need three things purchased/filled out to attend an event. You need an Annual Subscription, Event Attendance and a signed Waver.

The annual membership covers your insurance and such for the event and currently runs $30 a year. The trial membership is the equivalent of the full year membership but is good for only one event. After that event you have to buy the full membership (But the $10 goes towards that which is why the website lists a $10 Trial, a $30 annual and a $20 upgrade membership). On top of that annual cost you have to pay for each event. This money goes to things like renting the camp ground and paying the events expenses. Your Event Attendance costs covers the game and a place to sleep for you for the weekend. It does not cover food, but that's what the listed food package covers, Saturday Breakfast, and Dinner and Sunday Breakfast.

Lastly you need to fill out and bring the waver available on the website to play.

Once you have paid for your annual membership or trial you can register a character. There are lots of folks, including my self who would be happy to help you build and discuss character creation.

Than you just have to show up and play!

Alternately, you can bypass much of the cost by NPCing your first event. NPC's only need an annual membership. If you NPC a full event your food and lodging are covered and consuming is provided. You are at the whim of the Plot staff though and will be playing monsters and plot characters rather then your own PC.

As Tyler and Porch said, everyone is super friendly, feel free to chat us up on face book (I'm Zach Brooks in the forums there) or message us through the forums.

Welcome to Alliance Denver!

Yep, and if you facebook - a bunch of us are Facebook addicts, and will respond ad naseum on FB threads on the group. Great source if you want some rapid fire responses.

Oh ok well that clears up just about everything! Now that everything is out of the way... Umm... Hi! I'm Mat, as some of you might have figured out. I'm a 19 year old highschool-student from Longmont, I'm an actor, a singer, and writer. I enjoy long walks on the beach, and wanton destruction of my enemies. I've gone through quite the strange evolution over the last.... 3 years or so. Back in my freshmen year, I was a gamer that just loved COD and called everyone *** and Gay, and I always laughed at the kids who played Skyrim, or WoW. Then I started playing RPG's, and laughed at the guys who played DnD at my school. Next thing I knew I was DMing campaigns and writing my *** off to play 3 games a week, and always thought LARPing was strange...

And now we're here! Like I said, I'm an actor and performer so getting into character is nothing hard/new for me, and creating characters comes as naturally as carrying a tune. I always try to make my characters in someway likable/redeemable... So your not going to see any Coldsteel's from me. As a person, I think I'm pretty damn cool.... *coughcough*. But character wise I have been known to play the talkative, quick-witted bard, blood-thirsty war monger Barbarian, and everything between. Eventhough I've never been LARPing, I've been active in my local Dagorhir chapter for years now, so combat is nothing new to me. and I consider myself a competent fighter.

So now I begin working on my character, and begin to eat my way through this manual I just downloaded. I'll make sure to ask around if I have any questions, thanks again guys, and cant wait to see you on the field!

Welcome, you will find your adventures to be fun and exhausting. :D

Hey there...

I've actually tried to get into Alliance before, but I got so nervous that I didn't show. But now I've mustered the courage to try. I even have an ideal character in mind. Still looking for the character sheets to submit her, though.

I plan to be a Wylderkin, namely of the raccoon type. Her name is undecided for now, but her personality and history are pretty clear to me. The 'Coon-Kin has a cute kind of feel to her. She's a little chubby, has a bright and shiny optimism for things, and is always eager to learn things. She also has little history; It gives me more room to build. She is planned to be a bit of a comedy relief, but she can be serious when the situation calls for it. She has a touch of kleptomania in a way; She loves to steal things of even slight use to her. Even if that use is able to be fulfilled with mere rope. She is serious when it comes to thieving, mostly. See that shiny artifact that she thinks could be useful? She's going to attempt to steal it any second now. Any second now...

So, I've already begun to assemble a costume. Have the claws, and I sewed the tail...need clothing, paws for the claws to work with, sew some ears, and some way for me to look good with face paint or that magical spirit gum.

Hi Gem!

I'm in a similar boat; I've always wanted to play, but never had much of an oppurtunity (the one time I showed up I ended up leaving because of my job). Hopefully we'll both have a blast!!

Greeting all,

I hope to join in the fun with all of you and get back to LARPing after a long haitus.

I am a life long gamer and RP. My LARP experience consists of Castle Quest ( a lite LARP) and Nero Colorado (James Adams owner) from the 90's.

IRL I am a Technical Service Helpdesk Tech.

I hope to join you on March 14th.

Also, I know he is busy, if anyone can jog Jesse G's elbow and ask him to read and reply to my email I sent him at owner @ alliancedenver.com I would appreciate it.

Thank you
Robert Q aka Rykk LongWalker

Hey Robert! Welcome! Looking forward to LARPing with ya!

Jesse is at a con this weekend, but many of Plot does check these boards and the plot email. If its not owner specific, try the plot@alliancedenver.com address too.

Hi everyone; I wasn't sure where to post this (so I apologize if this is the wrong section) but I have a weapon/skill question as someone who has never created, or played, a LARP character. If my character is using an ax/battleax is that considered One Handed Blunt or One Handed Edged? I only ask because under the One Handed Blunt description it says the weapons cannot be used for thrusting... which I would assume you wouldn't thrust with an ax in combat. Is that the big difference? That 'edged' weapons can be used for both slashing and thrusting, and blunt is only a slashing weapon?

Axe is one handed edged. You could have a thrusting tip on it if you want, but you can also opt not to. My axe does not have one. But I have seen axes with thrusting tips before.

Back