The road to Caius.

Calderon entered the dreamscape with some difficulty.

"My friends in Enerret. Those just joining us, and those who have been on the road since Brimm's watch. We have a decision to make."

The Mystic Wood Elf shifted nervously and adjusted a strap of his armor.

"We can continue to follow the one known as Erebus along his paths. This route could be dangerous, and if Lord Sunbeard's reaction is any indication our 'friend' and guide may not be who we first thought. Sunbeard referred to him as 'Motherslayer' and 'Kin Killer'. I have not had a chance to speak with him since this altercation... so I know nothing of these claims."

Cal took a deep breath, his brow knit in thought. After a moment he shook his head and continued on.

"Our other option is to take the Dwarven Highway. We have provided with a token of passage called a Sunspider. Lord Sunbeard gave it to us in return for the services we rendered him. This path should be safe, but all will know of our direction. There may also be tolls and other fees along this path. I would be interested in hearing everyone's opinion on which route we should take. So please, which way should we travel?"

Travelling with a Kinslayer, and someone who is potentially outcast may give us some leeway, but cast a shadow on our coming. Travelling the Highway will be more expensive, safer, and offer a chance for us to gather more information on where we are going, who we are going to be dealing with, and what, and how to interact with these people. more will know of our arrival, but eventually it will not matter as we will be just another group of travellers on a highway full of travellers. Besides, when is the next time you are going to get to travel on a Dwarven highway? I can tromp through the forest, wet, cold, and hungry anytime. I will take the Highway with or without company if I am able.

Ther tears her way into the dreamscape, sitting down, exhausted with a thump once she's in.

I agree with Krieger. I have absolutely no desire to travel with Erebus- regardless of the situation, I don't trust him enough to be with him in a well lit room, much less alone in the dark and the wet counting on him for directions. The Highway offers information, a chance to rest while traveling, and perhaps restock our supplies. I see no reason to wear ourselves down before the next leg of our journey when refreshing is an option. If we have people in our party who cannot afford travel on the Dwarven Highway, I have no doubt we can pool our resources and provide for them. If your concern is being obvious and perhaps losing our anonymity by traveling publicly, there is no reason we need to announce who and what we are. Traveling groups are common and hiding in plain sight by just keeping our mouths shut should be no issue. Even if we took the forest way, if Erebus actually means us harm he could easily communicate with his superiors with details of where we are going we gain nothing by going through there.

That's my opinion any-
Ther fades from the Dreamscape briefly before returning again
-
Way. Whew.

While I cannot join you on this journey and missions, I can still provide aid should you need it. If I have some supplies or wisdom you seek, please, contact me. I will help in whatever way I can.

At first I was thinking of expediency, but I can see now the benefits of traveling through the Dwarven Highway. Information is key to our arrival and success. I will follow through the Highway.

Calderon took a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair.

"Alright. Seems the majority here are for the Dwarven Highway. I currently have possession of the Sunspider given by Sunbeard, it will provide us safe passage along the way. Anyone interested in travelling the highway with us meet just outside Sunbeard's camp on the highway. We have somewhat of a journey on our hands."

Back