March Event Favorites

hbirdgirl

I love reading favorite moments, I hope everyone will share :)

1. Orin going for 0 to 3 ritual castings in one night. 100% so far *knock on wood*
2. Being asked to be an Ambassador, never imagined that for Orin. Then dealing with the consequences that come with that responsibility.
3. Babies! Babysitting, battle babies, baby mind melds, and of course High Ogres getting yelled at by Amory and Orin then the dual with Prashka.
4. Late night talks with Shin are becoming a tradition, and I really enjoy them.
5. Arannin and Orin talking about eventually making Zaka "literally eat her words" for all the notes she sends.
6. Orin and Ardrik scholar rushing Evan's Ice Elemental.
7. Listening to Ponya tell Ardrik "you actually have your own opinions" so much laughter.
8. Ardrik saying that he never thought he would hear a Celestialist (Luke) be the sane one when comparing his idea to Orin's.
9. Interactions with Bando including: being complimented on her temper after getting so mad at him that Zenhyu stepped in to be a quick punching bag, forcing the truth out of him, and creepy "kindling" comments.
10. Conversations with Nessie and Jacob, trying to get the truth without pushing too hard.

1. Brandon getting to come out and NPC with me. The MacPherson Brothers RP really made playing Tristan that much more fun.

2. All the gosh darned combat. Zeth has never been an high-octane combatant, so I love the cards I get to play.

3. Playing the Celestialist Boss Saturday night, commanding minions! Chucking big elemental bursts! I'll Subjugate you one day, Panda...one daaaay....

4. The things I get to hear in Monster Camp. You PCs get into such trouble...so willingly...

5. Talking about Zeth with Amory, as Tristan. "That guy sounds great! You should bring him here so I can meet him!"

6. Conversations with those crazy Gypsies. Tristan's new saying, "Because Fae." /deadpan

7. Saturday Night Part Two, The Bodying. I love a fight that's down to the wire.

8. Ashok, Explorer of Brains!

1. The Saturday night battle was epic. Probably the best fight I've been involved in since the Lord of Echoes fight where he was defeated. That down-to-the-wire, back-and-forth action was incredible. I felt super strained and it was awesome that we pulled it off. Good work team!
  2. Roscoe and Panda getting up in each other's grills over a really silly misunderstanding.
  3. Shin-anigans (see what I did there?). We still haven't had that drink, sir.
  4. RP surrounding the ogre baby. In fact, RP surrounding all of the babies.
  5. Being under a "heal by ice" effect and smashing four ice elementals single-handedly while the rest of my mod group dealt with one.
  6. All of the RP during meals. Where do you guys keep coming from? It's awesome.
  7. Having metaphysical discussions with Ashok.
  8. Helping out the lowbies on Friday night by giving them some Magic blades. I could tell they really wanted to help but they didn't have a chance because they could only swing normal. :(

Last edited:
I pretty much echo Durnic/Rick.

9: peoples faces when I tell them the magic blade items we were lending out would explode come daybreak.
10: being the smart one and following the 2 ogres that slipped out the back door of the tavern.

I'll preface this with: A weekend that helped me explore and redeem my character's sense of place in the world. For reasons that I can not yet understand, The Director™ Every time I PC in Oregon I am always emotional tenderized. Like a Veal chop.
So:

1. Last minute rituals. Obviously goes first. That one was a close as I've ever wanted to call it. Roscoe's dodges remain a thing of power.
2. Blissful Rests. Such beautiful timing and woah did it help. It was so effect that I slept nearly half the game!
3. Further revelations of consequential realities. Did not, honestly, see them coming.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

4. Staggering into game, and being carried off by D and Tannis, while threatening everyone who came close. #RageRageDyingoftheLight
5. Such Shin-anigans! (ICU There. (ಠ_ಠ) ) Yah... I totes do. Soon man. Soon...
6. Learning how to person (again?), one of the longest nights of my life. I am not even sure how long we were all there in the dark. But it felt like days. But going from Rage monster to not always-rage Monster was intense. It's impressive what a little belief can do.
7. Learning how to crawl, then stumble, then walk again. Somehow figuring out how to let go of my death gripped swords. It might have been all in my head but such good times.
8. Eating lessons with Talyia
9. Matron Gy- Err.. Mathilda. Such a Brilliant scene when least expected. And woah. Talk about the right place at the right time.
latest

10. New Zehnyu is best Zehnyu. Especially upon first meeting. Put me off my feet hella hard.
11. Having the entire family around, and come together and just being awesome. Ya'll know who you are.
12. Dreaming of Father persons. More wordly wisdom than Shin thought possible in a single night. Cheers Bill!
giphy.gif

13. Late night Talks with Orin are so very much a thing. Looking forward to more! And following up on all the things!
14. All around so much awesome RP, it was hard not to have an amazing time playing with all of you! Especially all the very personal and interpersonal relationships that seemed to step to the fore this game.
15. Having a tough as nails fight Saturday night. Woah. I thought we were all toast and it was Circles for everyone! And yet, somehow we pulled it off. Go Team desperate Measures!
tumblr_mu04jczger1soqgbqo1_500.gif

16. So many things. All the things.

Here is to the next onslaught. I mean, game.
Lost-In-Translation-Suntory-Time-Gif.gif

It's been a while since Amory has laughed so much ^.^ Thank you, as always, to both PC's and NPC's for another fantastic game.

1. Dryad babysitting services - I think we missed out on a business opportunity, 2 Gold per hour/per child, right?

2. Watching the flame rituals. Fire, incense, and strobe lights!

3. Bando. Just... Bando. You know it's bad when Amory doesn't trust you ~.^

4. That fight Saturday night o_O That was brilliant and ridiculous. It has been a while since I've fought a fight that desperate.

5. The MacPherson Brothers. I really hope I get to interact with you both more!

6. Talking to Tristan about Zeth.... which was mildly awkward {thanks Evan!} and also made me realize that while Amory considers Zeth one of her closest friends/family, she doesn't know his past or origins... which will need to be remedied.

7. Hanging with Ardrik and Ponya. Finding out just how many different ways I can get his name wrong >.>

8. Unexpected High Orges! Had I been more collected, that would have gone entirely differently. However, between teaming up with Orin to grump at the High Orges and watching people slowly filter into the tavern and surround them, it was pretty damn fantastic anyways. And then the Honor Duel between Prashka and the Chief :D

I forgot one until just now: about a dozen of us were having a very serious conversation about the crazy celestial dragon when Ardryk walked up and started listening in. When we started to break up and head different directions he asked, "do you want my two copper?" He then handed Roscoe two copper pieces and didn't say anything. We all stood around waiting for him to say something but when he still didn't I think most of us lost our cool. That was damn funny and I don't even think it was supposed to be.

The Saturday night fight was super fun! It was hard enough that it felt like we were all going to die.. but we didn't quite go over that edge! I loved our fighting group!

Had some good RP with some unexpected people, like Bill's tavern ghost-guy.

New Ambassador Orin!

thanks Plot and NPCs!

Back