Claws

Parzivel

Artisan
Has anyone tried to do anything fancy with claws? Doing some painting/coloration around the handle to make it fit with the wilderkyn that is using it seems like an obvious step, but has anyone done anything different? I'm trying to build some for a snow leopard-kin, and would love any ideas or, better, pics, of cool and different claws you've seen people use.

I don't mean to derail this, but did you get plot approval for the snow- leopard kyn yet? I would strongly advise talking to them.

That said, I haven't seen much beyond the basic red boffer for claws, though I'd like to do something latex for the lobster kyn I have in mind.

Snow-leopard kin I believe is not allowed by the rules per since Sarr cover all anthropomorphic Cats. Do you mean Snow-leopard Sarr?

As for the claws I would suggest doing partially up the blade in the snow-leopard print or doing the back "edge" of the claw making it still primarily red.

The character isn't mine, but its been played for a while now. Why the worry?

Sorry to derail but its a rules violation that would need to be addressed by the chapter. But since its a Sarr, no worries!

See above post for claws recommendation.

I made a pair of claws for a dragon NPC in SoMN that have a little extra decoration to them, and I reckon I'll make a few more decorated claws for a couple more special NPCs before too long.

My advice would be to not have any of the non-red designs/area on the blade portion further than 6" or so past the top of the handle. That way, you get the flavor of the decorations, but there's still enough solid red that it is clearly a claw.

I'm working on a claw for my kin that the guard and pommel look like a fist with the bottom of the blade being the index finger, with the claw making up the rest of the blade. When I have it more done sometime this week I'll post a pic.

I'm working on a claw for my kin that the guard and pommel look like a fist with the bottom of the blade being the index finger, with the claw making up the rest of the blade. When I have it more done sometime this week I'll post a pic.
Index finger, huh? I think you're missing out on a great opportunity. :p

Yeah well, if it turns out ok then I might take commissions and you can have whatever finger you wish be the blade(although I would get chapter approval first, just in case they think it might offend someone). I had already thought of making a dagger sized claw of the pinky finger too.

Ok so I got distracted by other projects that I needed to finish around the house so I haven't been able to work on the claw I was talking about until this week... And it is not done yet. But here is an in progress pic.image.jpgimage.jpg

Back