New player

Quarthon

Hi everyone, me and my sister are new to LARPing and would like a few tips. We have characters, backstory, outfits and weapons, it would be helpful for any of you guys to help us with tips for our first LARP. We are trying to go to the one on august 28th-30th. We are also young 12 and 15 are there any age rule. Anyway thanks for the help.

Hi Quarthon

Seattle has a New Player rep namd Evan. He is a great help. @Draven should see this and respond with his post about emailing him at newplayer@alliance-seattle.com :p

There are age rules. At 12 and 15 you will need a parent on site with you. We have some of the youngest age exceptions across the Alliance chapters but we want you to stay safe and have a good time.

Thanks, Norm!

To clarify, you would need either a parent or legal guardian. We -do- have a temporary legal guardian form that your parent/current guardian can fill out to provide another individual with guardianship. Please PM me an email address, if you'd like me to email this to you.

Additionally, here are our Page rules, as this would impact the youngest:

Players under the age of 14 are automatically required to be Pages.

Yellow Pages (must wear a yellow headband): Cannot participate in combat, no offensive attacks allowed. They're still allowed to have skills, such as beneficial magical spells that can be touch-cast, or crafting skills, but essentially, offensive actions are prohibited.

Once passing a Page Test, they'll be advanced to Advanced Pages.

Advanced Pages (must wear an orange headband): Cannot participate in boffer combat, but -can- participate in packet combat, but only in one-on-one scenarios. They can absolutely be in group fights, but any "engagement" needs to be one-on-one.

Players are absolutely prohibited from physically striking a Page, and instead we use point-and-declare to simulate an attack on a Page. Players can strike an Advanced Page with packet attacks, as long as they're respecting the one-on-one rule.
----

Let me know if you have further questions! I'm absolutely happy to help!

I would like to know more about the legal guardian situation, if my parents where to sign who would the person be a random or someone who is usually a legal guardian of minors in these places.

PM sent! :)

Back