Favorite Moments - August 2015 Event

Durnic

Knight
No one's done it yet, so I guess I will!

In no particular order:
  1. That Choice. Out-of-game, I absolutely love these "bad decision or bad decision" type choices. It's why I love the 2003 Battlestar Galactica remake and it's why I love the entire Witcher franchise. I LOVED LOVED LOVED seeing that put into Alliance. In-game, this was a horrible horrible thing but the more I LARP the more I realize that events that went terribly for your character personally are the ones you like the most out-of-game. Or maybe I'm just weird.
  2. Elven Go-Juice! STAG!
  3. Being under the effects of a Euphoria and accosting Vellis trying to get her to come party with me. Her running off and glaring at me from a distance.
  4. Being under the effects of a Euphoria, kissing Takara and all of the after RP. "I, uh, would like to apologize for my previous actions."
  5. The RP with Vellis outside of her cabin late at night on Saturday. Rachel, it is always a pleasure.
  6. "Durnic! Half of the town ran that way!" And everything that came after that.
  7. Surrounding two goblins and having a nice, long chat with them.
  8. Dat Fate and Fury mod. I love you @Nate!
  9. As always, Stupid O'clock in the cabin is a joy.
  10. Hearing about my Cards against Ceriopolis card. Tactics indeed!
I'm sure I'm forgetting more stuff.

Last edited:
1. Vellis. Srsly. Don't mess with my student unless you want a Death to the chest.
2. THE UNLIKELY CULPRIT AND HIS COLD DEAD EYES. DURRRRNIIIIIIIC!
3. Being unable to comprehend the sheer level of defeat that occurred.
4. MY NEW MANA BAG. THANK YOU JAIMI/ERIC/CRYSTAL!
5. Successful provocation of that jerkface Biata. I don't care if he's broken. I'll break him some more. >.>
6. "Ritual successful. SOMETHING HAS GONE TERRIBLY WRONG. THANKS BUDDY, BE RIGHT BACK." "What. You..rolled a 7..."
7. Kasuni, Zeth, Tantarus, and Eldor sat on a porch. And many terrible, terrible things were said. Like "alliance." #NoContext

1. "What's next? Someone old? Okay! OLD! OLD! OLD! WE NEED OL- oh wait crap, no, I said OLD. AGED. INFIRM. SENILE. LADY REDFANG, COME BLEED IN THE CUP."
  2. I love playing ritual assistant.
  3. Solo LARPing a rite for the lost souls.
  4. Awkward advances and tragic backstory.
  5. Seeing how far I can get in the game of taking things literally before I crack and die (pretty far, but not that far).
  6. Just talking to people. Particularly getting to know Leonore and Durnic better.
  7. Nopeing out of Euphoria-ridden situations.
  8. The moment of horror when the scouts returned from the wards, and breaking it to the people who turned in early.
  9. YEAR-LONG GAMES OF CONNECT-THE-DOTS.
  10. Dominei bonding.
  11. Stone elves are into grumpy faces.

Ok where to start
1. Sparring with Durnic and learning how to better use my sword and board.
2. Telling Durnic to "Just trust me" when he really probably shouldn't.
3. Dying for the first time, even though I almost lived by playing possum.
4. Talking with everyone around and getting to know everyone better.
5. Seeing Ulrich come to a profound understanding of a very hot topic, just to get amnesiaed a few minutes later.
6. Running with my crew Dab, Bjorn, Kausha, Slade, and Rainerdeen (sp?).

1. The positive OOG reaction to "The Choice". Presenting a situation where there wasn't a clear "right" answer was tough. Carrying it through was tough. Worrying if everyone would want to put heads on pikes was tough. Seeing it play out and watching Evan actually have to sit down, think through things and meditate as Zeth about what to do... amazing. I trust players to take things in stride OOC even if it's devastating IC. You folks always show my trust is well founded.
2. Getting to sing the Krytid song to myself again.
3. Trash talking Kasuni, Talyia and Luke as Dust-Ro.
4. Insane, strung-out, Sir Envik... played him so hard I started to actually feel sick.
5. Skreelympic dash.
6. Rainbows. "How long have you been PLANNING that?" / Moving the pot of gold.
7. Plot predicated ritual backlashes. Magicy wagicy indeed.

1. Random shenanigans with Dab and crew.
2. Being able to watch the story and choices unfold as the weekend went on.
3. Cards Against Ceriopolis, and all the Polare-centric cards.
4. Watching how well the new players were integrated into the group.
5. Fox on Euphoria and Hallucinate, trying to get Vellis to let him write on her face.

1. "What's next? Someone old? Okay! OLD! OLD! OLD! WE NEED OL- oh wait crap, no, I said OLD. AGED. INFIRM. SENILE. LADY REDFANG, COME BLEED IN THE CUP."
  2. I love playing ritual assistant.
  3. Solo LARPing a rite for the lost souls.
  4. Awkward advances and tragic backstory.
  5. Seeing how far I can get in the game of taking things literally before I crack and die (pretty far, but not that far).
  6. Just talking to people. Particularly getting to know Leonore and Durnic better.
  7. Nopeing out of Euphoria-ridden situations.
  8. The moment of horror when the scouts returned from the wards, and breaking it to the people who turned in early.
  9. YEAR-LONG GAMES OF CONNECT-THE-DOTS.
  10. Dominei bonding.
  11. Stone elves are into grumpy faces.
I thought it was pouty faces ;)

Aside from that -
- Being large and all the interactions that will always spawn from that.
- Luke on a 'adventure high'
- Darellin is glad to not having been trash talked but here is one other celestialy incline Dominus who thoroughly enjoyed setting his polearm in the Ro's chest and watching him momentarily hesitate. Base and Reason does not yield ground! *cough evacuate!
- Getting murdered in my bed
- Chasing goblins through the jungles
- Taking 'clipboard damage' and other wind debris related jokes.
- Cards against the Ceriopolis!!!
- Adventuring with Rothgar and other related Polearm squad activities.
- Watching Hue do his thing.
- "Darellin! Bleed in this cup!"
"Why?"
"We need your blood for this ritual!"
"Okay, but I'm not bleeding"
/Durnic wryly grins with a knife

Last edited:
Back