SoMN Schedule Dates - 2016

Lurin

Duke
Trying to get ahead of the Game this year, we've established our schedule for events, please not we intend to add some work day/faire day combinations, in addition to the unique Work Weekend (Two Module/faire days sandwiching work efforts)

February 27th – One Day
March 18th-20th – Camp Matta
April 15th-17th – Camp Matta
May 27th-29th – Camp Matta
June 17th-19th Work Weekend– Camp Matta
July 15th- 17 – Camp Lockeslea
August 19th-21st – Camp Stearns (Heritage and Granger)
September 9th-11th - Guest Plot Event (Camp Lockeslea)
October 21st-23rd – Camp Matta
December 2nd-4th - Castle Banquet

Last edited:
Dave, is that April event 15-17 or 22-24? Or did you sneak a week-long event in on us as a Christmas present?

:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Kix
What? You don't want 3 long-weekends in a row? I was planning exciting mods like "Repave the drive way" and "Clean out the gutters"!

It's the 15th, that date wobbled more than any of the others ^.^

We're getting really into building horizon guys
Speaking of which is there an IGBA deadline?

Winter IBGA Rules should be out in a week or so.

I'd be down,but it'd definitely need more camping gear than I usually haul up. :p

We were planning a trip up with a few players and a tent :) maybe one of these years.

Why no September?

Sanity planning, Historically the September event is one of the hardest event to pull off due to the time of year. However we may add a September event for a non-standard event type. (Play out a battle in the world, Guest plot team etc.)

As someone planning to participate for the first time this year, I'm curious if these dates are official, if so where will the locations be for the events, and when one needs to register by.

The dates are official, Most Weekend events take place at our permanent site in Ogilvie, MN but we occasionally host elsewhere. Pre-registration for events usually opens up about a month ahead of schedule.

Are all the events outdoor, even if there's snow/very cold temperatures? Also, what are the hours/time the event runs on a one-day faire?

All of the events are run both indoors and out doors with heated buildings that include in door plumbing (especially for cold events). Most of the play/combat happens out doors. One-day faires are usually Game on around 10 am and off site around 6 pm.

Are all the events outdoor, even if there's snow/very cold temperatures? Also, what are the hours/time the event runs on a one-day faire?

Honestly, I find the cold events to be the most fun ones. It's a lot easier to add -more- costuming and armor to deal with the cold than to lug around full armor in midsummer!

Then again, I may just be too warm blooded. ;)

July event (23rd - 25th), that is Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Is that intentional or should the July event be 22nd - 24th?

The August and October dates are also Saturday - Monday currently.

Honestly who is publishing these things, I've corrected the entries and the website.

Please note the list above has been updated with location details. Please also note July's game has been moved up a week, cause I'm impatient.

Back