Stone Elf Chillaxation Techniques

Samyania

Scholar
Fellow stone elves: Any particular method for keeping that stoniness intact?
I made mine assuming she wasn't going to involve herself in stuff, and that I could rely on natural awkwardness and underreaction. It's going... All right. But I was just wondering if the rest of you had a particular thing you did to chill.

(Another PC has one of those meditation bowl chimes that's very calming to me but drives a cabinmate nuts. So there's that.)

In the moment when I can feel myself breaking, I will often force a yawn rather than smile or frown or whatnot. It's a nice, neutral expression that will override any other emotion on the face.

More generally, I find some basic mindfulness/meditation practices to be very useful. Simple things like breath awareness (close your eyes, focus on observing but not controlling your breathing), body scan, etc. If I'm feeling really out of it, I will step into an out of game area to just work my face out, smile, frown, stretch out the muscles, etc. I go back and forth on whether I stay completely in character when waiting for a mod to get started; I usually opt for at least maintaining the stony face, since I find that it gets easier to maintain the more consistent I am with it.

I notice you play in Seattle. If you ever make it down to Oregon, Ashok would be happy to share/swap meditation practices with you.

Oh well I was thinking of going, since I've heard so much about Ashok, but I wouldn't want to be so cruel as to cause him happiness.

Do it.....

- non-stone elf NPC....

I my area the general thought is tje stone elf have emotions we just dont express them. However a great way the have a moment of emotional Expretion is when sharing the memories or mind of another. This allows for my expression but then my normal stone elfiness lack of emotion expression to play a nice contrast. In one mod the mindscape was described as a being is being forces against the very essence of his spirit to act in acttacking us And his spirit was rageing. Is expressed This as have violent shaking and a guttural scream. Then once the link was broken I acted a if drained and the normal lack of expression. I find these in game breaks help alot.

Generally, when I've had to play more stoically than I might otherwise want to, I treat it as though the event or thing was generally intended to piss me off, and I have to keep a lid on it. It seems to work well enough.

But that's my in-game conclusion...

I personally walk away if I'm about to crack. I laugh a lot out of game so it's hard sometimes. I try to keep myself busy with little down time less time to sit and chat

I used to keep a prop pipe in my belt, to put it in the corner of my mouth. Fixating on the pipe, and having something to shape your mouth around helps hide smiles. Though I definitely allow Kar to have micro expressions, like smiling with the eyes.

Back