Rules 2.0 Open Beta Announcement

Durnic

Knight
RULES 2.0 OPEN BETA ANNOUNCEMENT:

Hello Alliance LARPers! I know there has been a lot of talk about Rules 2.0, and for once I can publicly say something about it because we have moved from Closed Beta to Open Beta!

What does that mean? Well, that means that absolutely any one of you can volunteer to help us out and read over and then test the proposed 2.0 rules.

Here's the catch: you are required to sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) before I can share anything with you. You also cannot share or discuss the changes with anyone who has not signed and NDA.

What're the next steps? Well, I am going to attach a link to the NDA. You will need to fill it out and email it to three people. The list is myself, Norman and Alison B. You may have to scan it back into PDF form and email it, but we absolutely MUST have this form back before we give you any of the other documents.

• Me: eric.raddue@gmail.com
• Norm: doc.berg@gmail.com
• Ali: alibuntemeyergm@gmail.com

After we get your NDA we will send you back the latest version of the 2.0 ruleset and the 2.0 character builder so you can play with build expenditures.

I will be heading out early tomorrow morning for a vacation with my lovely wife, but Norman will be the one most likely responding to you until I return on Monday night. Please be patient with us, as this is a manual process.

Notes and Answered Questions:
- If you signed an NDA for the closed beta testing, you DO NOT need to sign another one; that one will stands.
- This round of testing will go from April 20th until June 1st.
- The disclosing party is "Alliance LARP".

NDA download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzqrCbDt5vqaalpjUlU5aGlkWUNKNkE5SFpOMmdKMWttWEdz/view?usp=sharing

Our Facebook thread is VERY active and will likely have more up-to-date information than this post, but if you do not use Facebook please post your questions here and I will answer them.

Facebook thread: https://www.facebook.com/groups/allianceoregon/permalink/10153987495195516/

So I signed an NDA more than six months ago now probably closer to 12), and have not been kept in the loop AT ALL - no updates on play tests, rules changes, or latest documents and no emails/communication.

How is all of this being kept track of so I can get back in the loop?

I'd also like to point that, that signing an NDA means a couple of things:
--You can talk about things with other people who have signed the NDA.
--You can't talk about 2.0 with people who have not signed the NDA.

Players need to be mindful of who they talk to - I've heard lots of things over the past year about 2.0 from people who haven't signed an NDA who basically just stood around listening at/during events while various people talked about the new rules, likely assuming they had signed an NDA because they were listening.

Being able to know who has signed and NDA and who has not, would help with that.

Hi Adam,
If you would like to speak about your grievances over the past 6-12 months, you may feel free to email me and cc. customer service at your leisure.

In regards to the NDA, you are correct on both accounts. It was National's intent to get a region-specific read during Closed Alpha, which we have done successfully through that NDA. Now that open beta has started, it means there are far more individuals who are able to participate in this manner.

I would agree that Players do need to be mindful, and I believe that this is a helpful reminder.

National staff will also take into consideration a list of those who have signed the NDA, as it was requested during Closed Alpha to not speak to more than the people you were readily participating with.

Thank you for your time, and if you have further questions Adam, please feel free to PM me.

Sincerely,
Ali Buntemeyer
Alliance Chairman

Hi everyone!

Okay, so I will be getting info out to those who send me an email with the NDA. I am still reading over the changes but will get it out to those who email shortly after I'm done.

Those who have a NDA already on file, please email me. We had quite a few drop out from our play tests. I don't want to bug people who really aren't interested or who can't commit.

Thank you!

Back