First Time

Vlaren

Hello everyone. I plan on attending the upcoming August event as an NPC. This will be my first time ever going to an Alliance event and I'm not sure what to expect. I read a post that seemed to suggest beds will be available, so no need to bring a tent. Is there someone I need to contact ahead of time to let them know I plan to NPC for the weekend? Is bedding and basic costume all I need? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions, and I look forward to meeting you all in a couple weeks.

Hi!

Our site has cabins with beds. But, you'll want to bring a pillow and sleeping bag.

You don't need to contact anyone, just show up and we'll help you learn the game. Glancing at the rule book before hand will probably help you get moving faster.

Bring dark clothing, we'll provide you with any costuming you need for npcing.

We look forward to having you!

-Chris

Hi Frank!

We already met through email (I run our chapter's logistics), but thought I'd say hello on the forums as well!

If you have any other questions between now and our event, don't hesitate to reach out to any of us. I promise we don't bite. :)

Once you get on site, come pay me a visit if you're interested in food for the weekend (It's usually just $5 for NPCs). I can also give you a quick layout of camp and introduce you to folks. Can't wait to meet you!

Best,
Ian

Yep!

Hey Frank-

Glad to hear you're coming out, I wanted to add a couple of things to what Chris and Ian have said:
  • You want to bring an extra pair of socks (just good planning),
  • when picking clothes avoid jeans and sneakers (boots are a better choice in so many ways)
  • People will have bug spray but it can't hurt to bring some of your own
  • There are showers but there's no soap in them so bring your own (don't forget a towel too)
See you in a couple of days.

Matt

Back