2014 National Event to be Held in Southern Minnesota

Lurin

Duke
The Alliance Southern Minnesota is proud to announce that we will be hosting the next National Event in 2014, on, or around Labor day (to be announced once negotiations with the site have been concluded)

So here are Ten Tasty Tidbits because we all know that folks will have questions.

1.) We will be using a new, larger, and more expensive site in order to handle the increased numbers of attendees.
2.) If possible this will be a long 3-day Event over Labor Day.
3.) We'll be reaching out for people interesting in Helping with Plot starting in May, and intend to do a fresh take/different flavor.
4.) We'll be posting Donation needs/wants as early as possible once we get traction on plot development.
5.) We'll be looking for volunteers for specific positions (Additional Medical and Rules Marshals) as we approach the event.
6.) We'll be creating a specific e-mail for National Event questions specific to 2014, as well as a pre-registration form.
7.) The intended location to be used for this event is very large with multiple cabins/sites so there will be great opportunity for team/Racial camps.
8.) This National will conform with all previous National Events for MI transfer-ability etc.
9.) The nearest Airport is Minneapolis (MSP) and is a hub for Delta with plenty of flights in/out.
10.) Food Service will be provided and we expect some local vendors to be on hand with their wares (Armor merchants etc.)

We hope that everyone is excited as we are by this announcement!

Alavatar said:
I suspect it is WAY too early to know for certain, but there is no harm in asking. Do you expect the event will take place in an existing In-Game location? Such as the SoMn kingdom of Gaden?

Due to National Chapter Requirements (not to mention personal preference) This event will be happening in an as yet undiscovered portion of the mists. Once some extremely high level basics have been determined we'll be reaching out to build a plot team for this event.

We have come to an agreement with our first choice of sites! Here are some details. We will be holding the event over Labor day as planned in 2014. Current budgeting suggests we'll be offering this long-weekend at $100 a person, meals included.

Address:

30654 32nd Ave Way
Cannon Falls, 55009

Facilities -

Resting in the center of the camp is a 400 capacity Mess hall with indoor plumbing, showers, and a massive industrial grade Kitchen, from this central location, the gentle grade of the camp site. Sleeping facilities include a 'Nobles' Cabin with 2 private (large rooms) indoor bath/plumbing and a barracks in the basement. A large number of 20+ capacity long cabins with gas/wood heat (shouldn't be needed) as well as electricity and a few small burners if folks want to cook.

Some more ideal sites may be offered in advance for a reservation fee, but that will not be determined until 2014 when we can provide better photos.

Monster camp will be in an area know as 'Gwen center' that includes a central cabin with kitchen, showers and bath, and 4 external cabins removed from the main areas of play. Tent camping will be allowed and there are sufficiently spread locations to allow for a number of racial/group etc. camps to be created if desired.

The campsite does feature one long hill, that may be used for the occasional extremely long mod, although there will be a staging point at the top to rest etc, this hill will only be used occasionally for the occasional long mod at most (possibly not at all, as we have plenty of room to play with usually.

While there will be food service, we will be offering folks interested the chance to cook if desired, stay tuned for details as our food committee pulls things together.

Hope everyone is as excited as we are!

That is the place indeed

It has a Pool, I am sold. Plane of water here we come!

Golem's are so...normal.

This Barbarian is going to rock the ducky floaties! I will blend in with the natural environment!

Is there an update coming soon?
Are staff spots filled? Do you need certain spots filled?
The donation drive? Where are we at with that? What is needed still?

The answer to your burning questions can be found here.

http://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/2014-national-event-website-engineer-needed.17191/ - Website - We've got the core team, always room for more.
http://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/2014-national-event-cash-donations-20-filled.17310/ - Cash donations - Still plenty of room for those interested/able
http://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/national-event-non-cash-donation-list.17311/ - Non-cash donations - if it's not colored, it has not yet been covered by anyone!

Rules Marshals, and Medical Marshals have not been selected yet, as we want to finalize though after people know for sure if they can come.

Hello

my travel companion and I would like to know at what time the event starts on Friday and at what time it ends on Monday?

We may not be able to stay for cleaning on Monday but if you wanted we may be able to come in early Friday an help with other things.

Thank you.

Those details have not been locked down yet, Currently the plan is for Site opening at 6 PM, and Game off being called Noon Monday

You'll want to fly in to MSP (Minneapolis) The site about half an hour away from the airport, there is a healthy amount of options for car rental, and we've got a good number of folks that will likely be happen to pick people up and share rides (heck it's a close enough loop we might be able to have folks make a few round trips.

There SHOULD be, I'll be heading out there again once the snow breaks to take pictures and I'll ask the question then, but it's a huge site so I'm sure we'll be able to find a spot, no promises on power availability though.

This... is pretty exciting. I am excited to see more about this. And perhaps even organize an Orc camp... *grins wickedly* If this is the site that is decided on, will there be stores nearby to purchase food stuffs? And the "Alliance Shuttle Service" would be very awesome. If it happens, I will be sure to tip my driver. Lol

Not sure if this is worthy of its own thread, so I will post it here.

Traveling companion and I have run into a conundrum - we've been bumped from our perfectly timed mid-afternoon flight into MSP on Friday to one that may not get us there in time for start of game.

Since it's both of our first nationals, we'd rather be early than flying in on the skin of our teeth.

We've considered moving our flight back one day, to come in on Thursday evening. BUT, traveling on a LARPer's budget, we'd rather not spend money on a hotel if not absolutely necessary. Therefore, I suppose what I'm getting at is... any lovely locals willing to put up a pair of Canadians for a night? We are adorable, polite, helpful and one of us even has an outrageous accent. :)

In return, we are at your disposal for any setup needed at the site on Friday. I can also make cookies, after purchasing the proper ingredients on your side of the border! (As Customs tends to frown on smuggling baked goods onto a plane!)

Last edited:
I can put you up, I'll be near the Mall of America on Thursday night anyway for the Symposium, you can take the light rail to the mall and I'll pick you up there if you'd like.

Back