Donate for Dragon Stamps!

Morganne

Fighter
NEDL.png

Hello Alliance Players!

I am happy to offer here the list of requested donations for the National Event. Donations will receive Dragon Stamps - any donations received by August 27th will be able to spend the DS before the event. Donations received at the event will be able to spend the DS after the event.

Donations may be shipped to:
Alliance National Event 2010
c/o Scott Edwards
2202 Harvey Ave
East Liverpool, OH

Please PM me here on the boards if you are donating a specific item, and I will put your name on the list so we don't receive duplicates. Thank you for helping make the National Event really shine this year!

Packets - accepted in lots of 100 packets.
----------------------------------------
-Spell Packets - 2000 - DONE
  • Justin Doheney donating 2000
-Arrow Packets - 500 DONE
  • 500 from Joe Plonski
-Alchemy Packets - 500 DONE
  • 100 from TJ Wells
  • 500 from Joe Plonski

Costuming and Sewing
---------------------------------------
-Black and Purple "Musketeer" Tabards (Cross Tabards) with Gold Trim - 2
-Sheik Headbands/Headwraps
-Turbans/ common head coverings for Arabian feel
-Barbarian Costuming including:
Fur boot tops
  • 8 sets from Arlene Velderman
Fur bracers
  • 8 sets from Arlene Velderman
Fur collars
  • Maureen Vaughan
Leather bracers
  • 1 pair from David Tengdin
Vests
Headbands
  • Maureen Vaughan
Bone/wood jewelry
  • Catherine Winslow DONE
-Noble and Highborn Costuming - dresses, cloaks, tabards, tunics, pants, etc of quality to represent wealthy citizens and Nobles
  • Jewelry from TJ Wells
-Coronets DONE
  • Bev Byers
-Tyrdela Tabards - Navy Blue Tabards with 3 Black 5-point stars on them (Guards of the City we're playing in) x 10 DONE
  • Bill Hawkins donating 10
-Vandlar Tabards - White with a purple diagonal stripe and gold trim (gold lion symbol) - Royal Guards and such x10 DONE
  • Bill Hawkins donating 10
-Navy Blue Tabards (unadorned) - 3 DONE
  • Maureen Vaughan
-Black Cowls - 5
-Black "Faceless" masks - 10
-Pouches for Packets (Leather or Cloth)
  • 4 from Arlene Velderman
  • from Catherine Winslow
-Pouches for Coin (leather or cloth) - enough for each NPC to have one for searching purposes
  • Catherine Winslow DONE
-Coin Purses (cloth cinch pouches for treasure)
  • Catherine Winslow DONE
-XL - XXL Robes of various colors
-Ambassador Costuming - Agrobiata (Vandlar Biata - race packet specific clothing style)
  • 1 From Erica Stephenson DONE
-Ambassador Costuming - Harroo (Vandlar Sarr - race packet specific clothing style)
  • 1 From Erica Stephenson DONE
-Tablecloths for Tavern
-Banners of all style to decorate the camp in a Medieval Renn Faire style
  • Several from Sarah Shimko
-Banners for Vandlar (see Tabards above for design)
-Banners for Tyrdela (see Tabards above for design)
-Dryad Costuming
-Shirts (XL - XXL) of all colors
  • 4 from Arlene Velderman
-Pants (XL - XXL)
-Vests (XL - XXL)
-White Headbands
  • TJ Wells donating
-White Fur Pants
-Undead Tabards - at least 10, preferably 15-20 DONE
  • Maureen Vaughan
-Green "UnderArmor" Shirt (Size SMALL) -1 DONE
  • Marissa Livollen

Props
-Tavern Supplies- Plates, Goblets, Dinner Wear, Table Decorations for Noble Table
-Tavern Supplies - Coolers decorated to look like Chests (if chest style) or Keg (if drink cooler).
-Fake Candles - Flameless Battery Operated (NOT GLASS)
-Lanterns - non-Oil (Battery Operated) decorated to be In Period (NO GLASS)
-Alchemical Props such as Mortar and Pestle, Hammer and Anvil, Bottles, decanters, etc.
-Craftsmen Skill Props to set up workshops
-Potion Phys Rep Bottles - DONE
  • 400 from Jen Reynolds
-Whit Unicorn-style (horse) boot tips with fur trim
-Various small Chests, Boxes and Bottles for set decoration and to use as Treasure holders on Mods
-Ultralight Long Claws - 5 DONE
  • 5 from Joe Plonski
-Short Sword Length Claws - 10 5 DONE
  • 2 from TJ Wells
  • 10 from Joe Plonski
-Shields - various styles, colors, shapes, etc - 10
  • 4 from David Tengdin
  • 2 from Mason Allard
-Iluk Shields - the tear-drop "claw" shape colored Red - 6
-Two Handed Claw Reps of various styles - 5
  • 4 from David Tengdin
-Thrown Weapon Reps - 20 - DONE
  • 20 from Mark Mensch
  • 20 from David Tengdin
-Boulders - 3
-Goblin Face Masks - 10 DONE
  • 10 from Mark Mensch
-Dwarf Beards - 10
-Dryad Prosthetics (not just random vines and stuff but actual masks or pieces to wear) - 5

-Bows of various shapes and styles - 7
-Makeup - Star Blend or Mehron
  • 4 cakes of Paradise Blend and 1 bottle of liquid black from Joseph (SN Libras)
-Gargoyle Wings
-Alliance-approved Locks (and Keys for those of us who can't pick them!)
-Lockpicks
-Railroad Spike painted white - 1 DONE
  • Bev Byers

Misc
-Portal Rep - Can provide information to someone interested in donating this. DONE
  • Chris Kiefer
-Pavillion Tent(s)
-Black light DONE
  • Joseph (SN Libras)

NEW AS OF 8/17/2010!! WE ALSO NEED::
Ya'll want you some Trap Mods? :) (edited by Scott...)
* A "Package Deal" of Trap stuff (all easy, small and can be donated as a group):
14 mousetrapsDONE
fishing line (20 lb pull)DONE
10 explosive containers -32 cubic inches (so we don't use use bottles covered with duct tape)DONE
Scissors (not too large, something sturdy) - 1 pairDONE
Trap box which these all fit in (maybe not the containers) DONE
  • Maureen Vaughan
DONE
* 1 large spool of hot pink yarnDONE
  • Maureen Vaughan
* 1 spool of thick, strong black threadDONE
  • Maureen Vaughan
* 1 or more blacklights (setups not just the bulbs please)
* a box of 48 or more large black trashbagsDONE
  • Maureen Vaughan
* two traffic cones of equal size, hot pink if possible
* two 1" diameter dowels, approx. 30" in length.
  • Maureen Vaughan
* 6 cupcakes with hot-color frosting (pink, yellow, whatever)
* 6 fresh, whole mushrooms
* 2 rolls of black duct tapeDONE
  • Maureen Vaughan
* 2 rolls of brown duct tapeDONE
  • Maureen Vaughan
* 1 roll of hot pink duct tapeDONE
  • Maureen Vaughan
* 1 or more plastic ficusDONE
  • Maureen Vaughan
* 1 hula hoop, pinkDONE
  • Maureen Vaughan
* 2 (OR MORE!!) pickable Alliance-approved style locks

colors-of-ohio-stuff.jpg

Here are the Heraldry and some "tribal decorations" for the various cultures that are mentioned in the Donation List. If you have a specific question about a particular design, color or clarification please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Are you looking for some/all of this to be donated on a permanent duration? I'm only asking because I'm only assuming that no one is going to want to take it all home and store it for another two years till the next National event, or does it all go to the hosting chapter after all is said and done as a thank you for all the hard work leading up to and during the hosting of said event?

The host chapter of the National Event keeps the donations after the event. It's a way for all of us to support the Alliance and also infuse the host chapter with lots of awesome props, costuming, and resources!

Toss me an idea of what you are looking for in a portal rep, please!

Hey Kiefer,

I will speak to you this weekend?

Paul

A few inspirations for the Barbarian Tribes (for people who want to make costuming for them).

Eohip (Horse Barbarians): (Real world Souix Native Americans and Mongol Tribesmen - be creative and think "native wild horseman" lol... :) ).
Sioux_warrior.jpg
sioux_warrior.jpg
mongol1-1.jpg

Auruchan (Ox Barbarians): ("classic" woodsman/plains Barbarians relying heavily on horn, bone and fur from the Ox/bovines - go nuts on the conan thing I guess.)
barbarians202_203.jpg
889153-Adult-Barbarian-Costume-large.jpg
alexandercostumeforeric01.jpg

So much to donate in so little time!! O.O

I will be shipping off the fallowing this week.

Wood jewelry
Pouches for Packets
Pouches for Coin
Coin Purses
Fake Candles

Any thoughts on how you'd like the bracers to fasten, since we don't know the size? I've got both fur and fake leather I could make some of.

Naie said:
Any thoughts on how you'd like the bracers to fasten, since we don't know the size? I've got both fur and fake leather I could make some of.

Yeah they'll basically have to fit a bunch of different NPC body types-

Ideas:

1) attach Elastic along the seem so you slide the bracer over the hand and the Elastic allows it to expand to fit larger sizes. Use black elastic 1" thick and it shouldn't be too bad looking or roll or pinch. I'd probably put 3 "bars" of elastic between the edges- the two far edges and one in the middle so it didn't bunch.

2) Grommets and some lacing (ribbon or twine) so we can lace them as tight or as loose as people need them to be. These could even be reversible with the fake leather so you could paint one side with barbarian style symbols or whatever then leave the other plain and the NPC just laces it with the side out they want. :) Another thought is the fake fur could have a leather thong with it that wrapped around the outside and was tied off- put the fur on the arm and have someone wrap around it and tuck the leather strip in so its tied on.

3) Human forearms can very a lot but really thats probably only 3-4" difference- you could just make a bunch of different sizes with snaps or whatever and we'll mix and match to get people covered in them.

Question, will this be enough?

Wood jewelry 40 necklaces done so far
large draw sting bags 12 done so far
mid sized draw string Pouches 19 done so far
small draw sting Coin Purses 40 done so far

edited for updated #s

Started working on shield blanks, will try to finish a stack of them by the August Ohio event in two weeks to turn in. Waiting on reply about the thrown weapons wanted before starting in on those.

Hey Christina, sent you a PM about making 4x Shield and 4x Two Handed claws and the 20x thrown weapons several days ago. Did you get it?

Dreamingfurther said:
Hey Christina, sent you a PM about making 4x Shield and 4x Two Handed claws and the 20x thrown weapons several days ago. Did you get it?

We can DEFINITELY use the shields and all that stuff David (if you haven't heard back yet).

There are still a LOT of things which we could use to make this event as fantastic and In Game as possible. I'd love some of the seamstress/tailors out there to pop out a few Banners and wall hangings as well- good gobbies and we'll stick them up EVERYWHERE! Let no picture go unadorned!

What size banners are you looking for? I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere else but are there design pictures somewhere too?

Dreamingfurther said:
What size banners are you looking for? I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere else but are there design pictures somewhere too?

Dave for the design pics....look closer to the beginning of the thread...they posted pics there and they might have stated sizes...I think they are looking for wall hangings....so 2x4, 3x5 I would think would be a good fit....or you can go smaller like 1x2..or you could go crazy and do a 5x7

MKing said:
Dreamingfurther said:

Dave for the design pics....look closer to the beginning of the thread...they posted pics there and they might have stated sizes...I think they are looking for wall hangings....so 2x4, 3x5 I would think would be a good fit....or you can go smaller like 1x2..or you could go crazy and do a 5x7

I approve of all of these sizes.
Everything and anything- we have places we can hang a lot of decorations.

Even things sized to hang on trees-- 1x6 or 2x6 or long narrow rectangles we can use to line paths by attaching them to trees or posts.

Designs, even just solid colors (purple, white and gold would be the kingdom, black and navy blue for the city, red and white and grey for the barony and green and black for the duchy) would be hot. Designs will get you more Dragon Stamps of course due to the difficulty. ;)

Looking to Rogue Out at the National-- or perhaps you want some fiendishly clever puzzles or devices to solve? Check out the first post in this thread- some new Donation Stuff went up on their under the 8/17 date (very bottom!)

Thanks guys to everyone who has donated so far! If you've given it to me I've emailed Christina but PLEASE keep letting her know (as per the rules here!) what you donate, how much you donate and how you are going to get it to national (by mailing it, by driving it, by mule, carrier pigeon, time machine or whatever!)

Scott

Back