Is there a need for another master smith?

Dal

I am an aspiring blacksmith. How much need is there for another blacksmith in these lands? While there last gather I did not notice a blacksmith of great skill but I also did not notice much need for a master smith.

Kelb Treebringer

Master Kelb,

The question you ask is difficult to answer. It is my experience that a blacksmith will spend most of their resources on arrows, though I do not know of a blacksmith more accomplished than Equitem Sprig that has been active. I know that Master Fargal is an accomplished blacksmith, but I've not seen him in quite some time.

I know that there are certainly archers amongst us, but I do not know if there is such demand as to require a master blacksmith.

I would suggest developing your skill to a point where you could certainly make capable use of your art, and measure for yourself whether you would feel that such a path is worthy of your dedication.

This strategy is the reason I am as skilled as I am in Formal Magic, and also the reason I am not more skilled.

I hope that helps.

-Dominus Zeth

Kalb,

I must agree entirely with my esteemed fellow adventurer Zeth.

That said, I would focus on honing the skills of which you feel you will need during your time as an adventurer. Myself I find I only have need of a Blacksmith for the odd job or repair of armor. And this is why I have directed my time to learning the arts of martial combat.

I do know that my late time in Ceriopolis, there was a defined need of a skilled blacksmith for a number of persons. Mostly as Zeth made mention.. in need of filling of quivers.

If you indeed plan on mastering the skills of the Forge, I would like to speak to you about a possible business venture down the road.

~ Deputy Magistrate Grimmloch

I am not a Master Blacksmith but do have several levels in the skill. I make mostly arrows though do not advertise my abilities very well because up until the last several months, I have been the only archer and there have been more skill around to make armor and swords (I also do not like making metal equipment...). I know this last gather was light on blacksmiths but I have met several with the ability and a lot of adventures have at least a few levels, so that they are able to repair their armor on the battle field. If you need arrows or know anyone that needs arrow, I do make a large amount of them...

I am sorry if this is not very helpful but I do hope to see you again at the next gather,
Equitem Sprig

Kalb,

I must agree entirely with my esteemed fellow adventurer Zeth.

That said, I would focus on honing the skills of which you feel you will need during your time as an adventurer. Myself I find I only have need of a Blacksmith for the odd job or repair of armor. And this is why I have directed my time to learning the arts of martial combat.

I do know that my late time in Ceriopolis, there was a defined need of a skilled blacksmith for a number of persons. Mostly as Zeth made mention.. in need of filling of quivers.

If you indeed plan on mastering the skills of the Forge, I would like to speak to you about a possible business venture down the road.

~ Deputy Magistrate Grimmloch
Master Grimmlock.

What sort of business venture do you have in mind? If you want you may private dream me at traider dot traider at gmail dot com. Otherwise I plan to be at the gathering in April.

If there is the need for more smithing I would be wiling and honored to master the forge. However if there is not much need I feel that if I improve my martial stills it would better serve my fellow comrades.

In addition I feel inclined to remain minimally skilled (at present I can repair armor and make a dagger or a few arrows), or to be a master at the skill.

With all that said I could be a journeyman by two gathers hence.

Back