Locks

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
Since this has come up MANY times, here is what we will do about locks in Alliance Denver:

In order to have a lock, you must have a tag for a lock. How do I get a tag for a lock?

I am instituting a local rule:
Blacksmith Level 2 can create a lock for 10 production.
OR a Trapmaker level 2 can create a lock for 10 production.

This will give you an item tag for a lock. ALL reps must be picked in front of a rules marshal to demonstrate their ease of use. In addition, for safety, and practicality, no locks can be used to actually LOCK anything, such as a cabin door or chest. The Lock rep should be taped to the item being locked. The tag should be affixed to the marshal notes in the cabin.

Jesse, I'm a Rogue at heart, and I have a lot of experience with LARP locks and traps. May I bring in some reps and picks and demonstrate this to you so we can combine this inspection with Weapons Safety check? That may make it easier for players if they have "one stop shopping" to get reps approved for use in the game.

Thanks,
Trace

P.S. Blacksmith 2, you say? SOLD! Great idea!

Woohoo, this is terrific. Thank you Jesse!

I'm excited to see locks become a bigger part of the game. Should help groups that can't afford a Ward yet.

Rules question: Whats the policy on physically breaking a lock IC? Like if I can chop down a tree given enough time I should be able to break down a door or kick it in or whatever. How does that work without the rules?

To make locks useful, you cannot break them off unless you have monster strength. They must be picked, shattered, or destroyed with spells. Or use the correct key lol. Otherwise, we would just all use blunt weapons every time we came across one and that's no fun. Chopping down doors will be dependant upon the marshal for story purposes. Perhaps old barns might allow this... perhaps old dungeons may not. There are no official rules for this as it is up to the marshal/plot for story purposes.

I totally support the use of locks instead of that horrific celestial Ward spell. Blech! I think all of the Wildmen and other Biata totally agree!

Back