Winter Vortex, Jan 23 afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dramm a'dan

Scholar
The sun was out, clear skies, but the wind still howled and had a chill to it.

Returning back to the Breach, a three man patrol stops in at the Howling Crag’s Rest.

Stomping their feet and shaking off the snow they enter the tavern. Two head straight to the fireplace to warm up, the third approaches the Captain sitting at a table, going over reports. “Ranger Kilbas reporting in.” He stands there saluting.

Returning the salute, “At ease, take a seat.” He pours a cup of warm mulled wine for the Sergeant.

Taking a seat, “Only thing to report, came across two scenes of a fight. Both had undead ripped apart at each, only one had a dead wolf. Following the undead tracks back the way they came only lead to a few cairns in the hills.” Taking a sip of the wine the Ranger shrugs his shoulders, “The animal tracks come into the fight from all directions then roam off in all directions. Wolves, rabbits, deer doesn’t matter, found all sorts of tracks. Checked in with some of the trappers, they report the same sightings all over the hills. Almost all are fine with it as long as they animals don’t attack them, which seems that undead are only the targets.”

The Captain nods his head, “Yes, we’re had several reports of the wildlife attacking only the undead. Till the animals start attacking the locals, I’m fine with letting it go.” Just then the Captain tilts his head, as if trying to hear something, he looks over to Kilbas, who had his cup to his lips but was looking back at the Captain over the rim. “You heard that to?”

“No sir, more like sensed it, like something’s there. Can’t see it or hear it, but you can feel it. Several of the men have jokingly reported the same over drinks. It’s making them uneasy.”

“I’ll be glad come spring, hand the command of this post back to Master-at-Arms Hamish. I’m glad things are quiet now during the winter. From the stories I’ve heard and reports I’ve read, this place is a hive of activity during the warmer months.” Taking a sip of his own cup, “Thank you for the report, warm up, grab some food and drink. You’ll be heading back out in a tomorrow.”

“Yes sir.” Standing the Ranger signals to his men by the fire, they grab a table and signal the kitchen steward for some meals and drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back