MOD DAY

If I wanted to NPC for Saturday evening mods, might I be able to spend the night there in preparation of my Sunday morning adventure?

Yes, there is cabin space for people attending both days (or the late stuff). The cabins are super swank, too!

I don't recognize your handle, Dragonfiremalus, so I don't know if you're new to our game. The cabins will have beds with thin mattresses. BYO sleeping bag or bedding for a twin bed.

May I also get your real name for the NPC list?

Trace Moriarty

Yes, there is cabin space for people attending both days (or the late stuff). The cabins are super swank, too!

I don't recognize your handle, Dragonfiremalus, so I don't know if you're new to our game. The cabins will have beds with thin mattresses. BYO sleeping bag or bedding for a twin bed.

May I also get your real name for the NPC list?

Trace Moriarty

Dragonfiremalus = Blaidrym = Zander Woolley :)

Izzy, hell yeah. Cook away! I think Dia also mentioned interest in cooking for the NPCs! Perhaps you two could collaborate?

Robin, welcome! The official registration for PCs and NPCs should be available to sign up via the payments fields on the main website.

Jesse

So I am planning on NPC'ing on Mod day. I would like to carry some water with me, could anyone point me in the right direction ( a link to a store maybe) as what container I should get that would be in keeping with the aesthetic of the game.

For this particular occasion, you will have ample opportunity to store your food and drink indoors nearby, or at least out of sight while on the module course (not far from buildings). Coke cans and Doritos bags are fine in this case.

Even at our full weekend events, we're never really "roughing it." If you're a smartie and like to carry water with you to be on the safe side, however, something like this should blend in just fine:

https://www.amazon.com/Rothco-Wine-...TF8&qid=1487451194&sr=8-1&keywords=water+skin

Trace

For this particular occasion, you will have ample opportunity to store your food and drink indoors nearby, or at least out of sight while on the module course (not far from buildings). Coke cans and Doritos bags are fine in this case.

Even at our full weekend events, we're never really "roughing it." If you're a smartie and like to carry water with you to be on the safe side, however, something like this should blend in just fine:

https://www.amazon.com/Rothco-Wine-...TF8&qid=1487451194&sr=8-1&keywords=water+skin

Trace
Thanks so much

Never posted, and I just volunteered on facebook. I'll NPC All weekend except for during my Juren Mod :)

If you are a PC for mods, but you're volunteering to NPC when not on your own adventure, please...
  • Show up to your NPC shift in an outfit of basic blacks
  • Remove all your PC make-up and prosthetics before your NPC shift
  • Bring your own weapon physreps in your style of choice. We will have all the monster weapons available, but it's just nicer to have your own stuff :)
Thanks!

Team Prometheus
2017 Acarthia Plot

Hey folks!

Just to clarify/correct a few things here: (and huge thanks to Trace for trying to answer these while I was in Arizona for a week! I'm stealing most of your text too!)

Cabins for Housing

• There is a line of 6 cabins (SORT OF) in a row.
  • The numbers on the buildings, as you face them, right to left are # 1 through 6. So when you drive up, the first one will be #1.
  • We will open only Cabin 1 for overnight housing, the closest one as you drive up. Please choose any 1 bed, and store your gear there.
  • Izzy, Cabin 1 is the kitchenette where you may prepare food.
  • The side classrooms of the gymnasium will be Monster Camp. NPCs will sleep in #5.
  • Cabin 2 and Cabin 6 will be used for the nighttime mod for Dia and Taylor. Please speak with me about setup before you get too settled. I have traps and other fun things for you to choose! I will send a list to you shortly so you can prepare beforehand.
  • You may drive right up to the cabins to drop-off stuff. Then please go park your car in the parking lot near the gymnasium and off to the side of it. I will be in the gymnasium for most of the day when not running mods, but I will park my white van there so you know where it is.
  • We have mods running in the vicinity all day -- please hang out inside Cabin 1 ONLY and have fun; please show respect for nearby mods and DO NOT roam the grounds. We will be running mods in various areas of the camp this day and you will be restricted to the PC cabin, your mod, and the tavern after 10pm. Keep the outdoor activity to a minimum.
  • Saturday night from 10:30 pm to 12:30 am, there will be a mod running outside Cabins 2-6. Please stay away from this area, please keep your noise down outside, and don't linger outside near their play area.
  • EDIT: Cabins 2-6 may be used on Sunday, too, for other stuff. In general, please treat the entire exterior of the cabins area as active for the game, and be accordingly respectful.
  • BEFORE YOU LEAVE, HELP CLEAN UP YOUR CABIN! Throw away all your trash, sweep, scrub the kitchen, clean the bathroom. There is no clean-up crew other than you. It's important that we make a good impression on our new campsite!
so...

cabin 1 - PC OOG area, chef Izzy, and Logistics
cabin 2 - mod building
cabin 3 - mod building
cabin 4 - mod building
cabin 5 - NPC sleeping
cabin 6 - mod building

TAVERN- If you aren't still PCing or NPCing, Roleplay begins at 10:30PM in the tavern for those who wish to do so. Plot will most likely NOT be sending things in at all so don't expect anything. Have fun!

Bring Your Own... Everything

• Cooking: You have appliances and water. You will need to bring all your own dishes and pans for preparation, cooking, and serving. Bring your own cups for drinking if you brought jugs or 2-litres.
  • Cleaning supplies: The cabins will probably have brooms and mops. Bring your own dish soap, sponges, bleach wipes, and so forth for cleaning.
  • Trash bags: Unknown if the camp provides them; bring your own just in case.
  • Toilet Paper: Surely this camp must be civilized enough to leave us spare supplies, right? I'm bringing my own... just in case. I suggest you do, too! I'd hate to be wrong.

Logistics

• Due to mods and set up in the gymnasium, logistics will be in the PC cabin #1 in the main room.

Gymnasium

Please assume that the interior of the gymnasium will be used for mods during the day.

Thank you!!!!!

We are all so pumped for this!!

Jesse

Hello all,

My name is Paul, and I'm a long-time tabletop roleplayer (as I'm sure most newbies are) interested in trying Alliance LARP. I was emailing Jesse a few weeks ago asking questions about mod day, but with his vacation it has understandably taken him some time to get back to me and now it's crunch time. So I have a couple more questions to clear up:

1) Is it too late to sign up for the Day in the Life mod on Sunday five days out?
1a) Is the answer to that question any different for NPCing on Sunday?
2) Will I and potentially one other new person be SOL if we plan to play and don't bring our own weapons?
3) If I NPC for the rest of the day on Sunday am I still required to buy a ticket in order to PC?

As I need to commit one way or the other ASAP, prompt answers would definitely be appreciated. Frankly, I apologize it's taken me this long to take them to the forum.

1. NOPE! sign up !! The more, the merrier!
1a. There are currently only two mods that day so you are allowed to sign up to NPC one and PC the other if those are your wishes!
2. NOPE! Our community is super welcoming and I'm sure we can find you something in NPC camp if need be!
3. I'm a bit confused here. If you want to NPC both mods on Sunday, you may for free. (with a membership option since it's your first time). If you want to NPC the first mod, then PC the Day in the Life, you may do so by paying the $35 on the website. (as well as a membership option.) Hope that helps!

Jesse

The site manager just emailed me with some important info.... half of it seems to pertain to the girl scouts... take from it what you will.
Jesse

Attachments

• 2015 Upper Camp Package.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 31
Thanks Jesse, that is extraordinarily helpful.

Which Saturday mod is the most newbie friendly? I'm trying to get my brother to come with me (I'll have that sorted out before the night is through) and he is busy Saturday, but if I end up coming alone I'd rather do the day with more stuff going on.

Back