Question on phys reps/ props

Bigens73

Artisan
So I just purchased a plastic cleaver to have on my belt as a prop is this something that is going to cost me production points if I am not planning on using it in battle at all.

Props and other costuming do not cost you production. General rule of thumb is if it doesn't give you any In Game benefits (beyond looking cool or Role Play reasons) then it doesn't really have an In Game cost. That being said if you have a cool cleaver prop and a situation comes up that calls for one to be used (in a non combat manor) it is up to the available plot person or whoever is running the module whether or not you can use it, generally if it enhances the role play experience most people will let you.

Just make sure if you are carrying it around regularly that it is well secured so no one can accidentally pick it up off of you and use it thinking it's a latex weapon or something. If it's made of real metal I believe there are some notes in the rule book (usually in regards to daggers) specifically about it being zip-tied or otherwise safely secured in a sheath of some sort which I would recommend following even if it doesn't have an edge.

**If I'm wrong members of Plot/Staff feel free to correct what I have said.

yeah it is prop plastic. totally makes sense about if it were metal.

Echoing Rick, as long as as it isn't a safety hazard during combat situations and used primarily for RP it works (with actual metal blades being an exception of course) I've seen folks carry around full dental tools, various lock picks and as you may have seen at the one day David/Iganeous had an ice pick he assembled mid-mod to solve a problem.

I did see that and it was amazing.

Back