Sentinels are Comin' to Town

Ragnarok

Rogue
Alliance Rules
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Hello Adventurers from New Acarthia!

Me is Ragnarok and me is the unofficial leader of The Sentinels of the Wild. We're an adventure group from da Sheltered Lands and we coming out to you guys to see what you got to offer.

So if there's big mean guys we should know about or other stuff we should know to make sure we don't die that'd be nice. Like me know that in Wayside ya can't use the W word otherwise bad stuff happens. Stuff like that.

Also if there are any master blacksmiths in these lands we would like to buy a suit of armor able to withstand a lightning storm (30 suit) as well as a new shield.

-Ragnarok

My group is really bad at having armor I guess. We could use a 25 suit too. At this point I think we're looking at hiring multiple blacksmiths. Feel free to dream to me in public or private if you are blacksmith looking to fill orders

-Ragnarok

If no one has reached out yet, I should be able to provide both suits and a shield. Just look for the fox in the stylish hat.

How much you charge for this order? Also me missed your name.

-Ragnarok

Lagarde Rhoade. I'll send you a private missive with my rates on the items.

Goodman Ragnarok,

With reference to your other question about threats, the kingdom of Acarthia is presently in the midst of a civil war with one of our northern duchies, the Duchy of Rowan. You may encounter bands of soldiers seeking to cause trouble, or deserters seeking refuge from the war efforts. In those situations, we ask you to take these individuals into custody if possible; they can then be taken to the local Guard Barracks for interrogation.

Furthermore, our people have been suffering from a strain of rodenthropy, causing some of our citizens to transform into were-rats. They are hostile when transformed, and so you should absolutely defend yourselves, but please incapacitate these people instead of killing them, since these are still people of the kingdom.

The roads at night have become especially dangerous lately, as a cult of intelligent ghoul lords attacks the unprepared. or isolated. Please do not travel alone at night, and be wary of tricks; these ghouls can speak, and have attempted to lure people away by pretending to be town guardsmen. The Order of the Vigilant (an undead-hunting organization) is paying for any tongues gathered from defeated ghouls.

- Baron Darius Rivervale

Baron Rivervale,

You have the thanks of the Sentinels for this information. We would hate to be bad guests in your lands. If me may ask, what caused this civil war?

-Ragnarok

Goodman Ragnarok,

That is....an involved tale, but the short of it is that they have Obliterated members of our nobility to their permanent death, oppressed and enslaved the non-human races of their duchy, and declared war against His Majesty King Nigel Moorefield when their nobility failed the tests of Chivalry and would have been stripped of their belts.

There are more details than that, but that should hopefully give you enough of a basis to understand why we fight. I am happy to discuss it further in person, or you may peruse the April 417 edition of the Acarthian Times which provides a great deal of information. Past issues of the Acarthian Times can be found in many civic buildings throughout the kingdom (OOC: http://www.alliancedenver.com/the-acarthian-times.html).

Back