Newbie here!

Amanda

Hi! I've been drooling over larps from afar for a few years now, but it looks like I may actually be able to come to your November event. A few questions, though.

First, will it be weird just coming to the last event of the season?

Second, how much do I have to know before showing up? Especially if I'm NPCing? I'll look over the races and rulebook before showing up obviously but it seems like there are a lot of skills and things to actually put into practice.

Third, anything extra I should know about larp, Alliance, or this chapter in particular?

Hey! So I am a regular player at Alliance Crossroads (Asheville) and to answer you questions, first it would be great for you to come to any event you can! If you are NPCing you dont really need to know anything. The staff will teach you any rules you need to know and NPCing is a great way to get used to the rule system. The only thing about this chapter in-specific is you will need to bring a tent or arrange to stay with another player in their tent. Not every chapter is this way most in fact will have cabins but Asheville has a new site that they own and will be building cabins in the future. Also they are not very active on the Forum but have a facebook page that is active and will have most info posted on there. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hello amanda! Im Colby the GM for alliance crossroads!
To answer your questions
1. It wont be wired at all to come in at the closer

2.We usually have a fight day/pratice day on sundays your more than welcome to come to its the easiest way to learn the system. But to NPC we are more than happy to explain everything to you at game.

3. As david said above^ the tent thing which i always bring an extra for anyone that wanted to use it. If you have any more questions or need any more info you can email me at alliancexrgm@gmail.com or look us up on Facebook for a quicker responce.

Thanks again and we hope to see you at a game! :)

Colby is also the bees knees if you have questions about anything Alliance related. He travels all over to different larp chapters and is a wealth of knowledge about anything from costuming, rules, to logistics.

Back