New comer hoping to join in soon.

Vampy

Hi there,

My name is Tyeisha and I live in Chicago. I'm new to Larp but has always thought about Larping just never had the opportunity or knew how to get in touch with the community to join. Now I am eager to jump in and learn to play! Nice to meet all of you!

Hi Tyeisha,

My name is Nate. I am the Head of Plot in Chicago Allaince Larp. It's nice to meet you and have new faces wanting to join our community. The best way to start off your larping adventure is to head to alliance larp.com and check out the rule book. If you have any questions feel free to post here and we as a community will answer any question you have.

Our next event is September 29th and your first event is free!!! So feel free to come on down and try it out.

Thanks
Nate B
Chicago HOP

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am currently reading the rule book and race packets. Having a little trouble making a decision on what race to be but working on it.

You can always rewrite your character after your first event. So let's say the first event you wanted to try an Orc, but then realized green makeup and tusk the entire event wasn't your thing; but you liked the way Mystic Wood Elves looked. After your first game, you can change your race and class/build.

You also start with 25 build now, which hasn't been reflected in the rulebook yet.

Ah ok. I was looking to the build stuff. I have my heart set on a Dark Elf so I am looking up things.

Welcome Tyeisha!

Like Nate said, if you have any questions feel free to ask and somebody will gladly help you out. This goes for while you are at the game too-- everybody was new once and the rules are literally an entire book long, so don't be afraid to ask for a clarification. Heck, I've been with this chapter a few years now and I am still learning!

As far as playing a dark elf goes, I recommend picking up a long sleeved black "under armour" heat gear style shirt (doesn't have to be name brand, just something lightweight and synthetic that wicks moisture if possible) and a pair of black gloves or glove liners in addition to the makeup requirements. You will want to be careful about overheating as this game can be extremely physical and athletic at times. I also carry a small wooden folding fan to help keep cool. On the flip side, September can be chilly at night so make sure you bring things to layer too and keep warm.

I look forward to meeting you soon!

Jenn
("Zima" / "Mutt")

Welcome Tyeisha!

Like Nate said, if you have any questions feel free to ask and somebody will gladly help you out. This goes for while you are at the game too-- everybody was new once and the rules are literally an entire book long, so don't be afraid to ask for a clarification. Heck, I've been with this chapter a few years now and I am still learning!

As far as playing a dark elf goes, I recommend picking up a long sleeved black "under armour" heat gear style shirt (doesn't have to be name brand, just something lightweight and synthetic that wicks moisture if possible) and a pair of black gloves or glove liners in addition to the makeup requirements. You will want to be careful about overheating as this game can be extremely physical and athletic at times. I also carry a small wooden folding fan to help keep cool. On the flip side, September can be chilly at night so make sure you bring things to layer too and keep warm.

I look forward to meeting you soon!

Jenn
("Zima" / "Mutt")

Hey there! I was thinking the same thing for my costume. I know I wanted her to wear like a skirt so I figured I could wear some black leggings or stockings underneath for her skin. I was wondering what to do for my arms since I get hot easily.

The fan is a great idea! I have a black one at home I can use!

I do know I might need someone to read over my backstory plus I am going to have to rethink some things since Dark elves can't use two handed weapons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Tyeisha,

I would send anything backstory to Waysideibgas@gmail.com. Nathan and the plot team will be more then happy to help get you set up and started. Hope to see you at the September event.

Nick

You can use a Polearm though if youd like, that is excluded from their 2h downside.

Woot. Dark elf love! Looking forward to new faces. If you have any logistical questions please feel free to drop me a line. :) I have a couple different characters but I'm generally going to be the person to check you in at the beginning of each event.

Vicki H.

Hey there everyone. I won't be able to attend this months event as I have to work. But! I am coming in October! Got approved for the time off! See you all then!

Hey there. I could really use some help with my character build. I don't understand how to do it since I have never done it before. If anyone can help me, please let me know!

You would start with 25 build. Which class are you thinking and what skills did you have interest in acquiring?

I do have a Facebook if you want to add me. Tyeisha Goree.

Tyeisha is on her way to being ready for Halloween! :D

Back