Oh, Oh, I Heard a Rumor...

Did you enjoy the Rumor System?

• Meh. It wasn't fun and/or funny nor was it very useful.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Save your time and effort.

• No, but with some work it could be good. I'll share my thoughts in the comments.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jim

Scholar
They say you got a broken heart!

Wait, no that's not it.

We brought back the rumor system this last Enerret Weekend Event, A Dark Sojourn or Where? And Back Again (Nov. '17). We would appreciate it if you could take a moment to take a poll so we can decide to continue, modify, or stop using the rumor system for Enerret events.

Those who reply before midnight of November 30th, 2017 will earn themselves a shiny new set of 30 goblin stamps. Shiny! Like a treasure from a sunken pirate wreck... (Wow, how many song jokes are we going to work into this post?)

So, poll if you want to, poll around the world. (I guess three...)

Thanks you!

Were is the poll? Any case, continue

I found them to add a nice bit of depth to the world — helped it feel a bit less like things only exist every month or too. But if it takes you a ton of time to prepare them, maybe not worth it, at least for the ones I ended up getting this time.

I found them to add a nice bit of depth to the world — helped it feel a bit less like things only exist every month or too. But if it takes you a ton of time to prepare them, maybe not worth it, at least for the ones I ended up getting this time.

Pretty much this. I do not believe they impacted my event in any way other than the flavor. Some folks talked about them a bit within our group, but it didn't do anything to influence any decisions we made.

I'm not sure what the intent was.

If they were supposed to be story hooks, I think I was too busy being torn to shreds by the thousands of other hooks sprinkled around the world to notice these ones.

If they were supposed to be world building props then I think it's too early to tell their impact.

I appreciated the depth they gave downtime actions, but it didn't change my behavior.

Fun, definitely some juicy bits in there... but if it's too much work, focus attention elsewhere.

I have other thoughts, will pm.

I liked it. The more info I can get about the world the better.

Reactions: Jim
I liked the idea of it, though it could use a bit MORE. I tried to follow up on a rumor and it led me absolutely no where, but I think my disappointment led to the creation of something. To be continued, I suppose. Not sure how other people's rumors went, but most "rumors" you'd think would take you someplace unexpected - rather than just a dead end.

Reactions: Jim

I completely agree with Erin. I really like the added flavor of the rumors, and it made the world seem larger and more interconnected, but if it's a big hassle to do it might not be worth it. If it's not much work, though, I would love to see more of them!

I liked the idea of it, though it could use a bit MORE. I tried to follow up on a rumor and it led me absolutely no where, but I think my disappointment led to the creation of something. To be continued, I suppose. Not sure how other people's rumors went, but most "rumors" you'd think would take you someplace unexpected - rather than just a dead end.

Mea culpa. Almost every rumor connected to a job board, lair card, a current plot line, or a starting plot line except I think 4. Of those 3 were not connected to current plot, but did ping into the world/cultures and could go somewhere. 1 was a callback to a rumor we used to always put out back in the day and is a reference and direct quote from a classic fantasy film. It was my call to put it in and I did not think it through- somedays I don't realize just how old I am and didn't consider that maybe our current average player might not have seen a movie that came out 30 years ago, you know before they were born. **sheepish grin** That is of course the rumor that was randomly matched to you. That being said our wonderful HoP did realize during the event it was an issue and brought it to my attention. I am excited for the plot we created around it. Going forward I hope you enjoy it, too. I apologize for any wasted time and frustration you may have experienced during the event. I will do better going forward.

Back