Weekend Review: "Rocholm or Bust!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mythic

Baron
Well, that could have gone better? That question will ring in the hero's thoughts for a while. The Fort was hit with a large force of Unspoken as the PCs Spirit Walked to Nelix. The last thing they were witness to was Marquis Xerxes, killed upon the cobblestones of the Yard.
----

Quick turnaround! Please have IBGAs and MI picks in by NOVEMBER 25th.

**NPCs - Do not post here. Let us know if you had any highlights or concerns in the NPC FB group. Thanks! **

1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character

Posting rules, respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.
Reviews get you 15 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

Jinn and Kumari's cup moment. He felt accepted and an equal after that. The recon and stealth missions, so much fun I 100% want more of those! Sneaking in, pretending to be the enemy, more role playing with NPC's is great. The chance to role play more with the Marquee and The Captain was also great. If it involves RP I am into it. The red card at the wild run made it more challenging and believable, as our actions could have alerted another patrol group. Also... GIANT MAN EATING SPIDERS

honestly I can't think of anything that I didn't like. There was always something to do, even in the cold.

Chances to role play with NPCs, stealth/recon missions, missions with consequences i.e. don't eliminate someone or something, the enemy has that available to them later

Watching Siegart interrogate the hunter turned his stomach, but that information could save lives. Jinn had talked Savant down, but was having a problem with it himself. 'Could charms really be that bad... if all this could be avoided?' Jinn thought. He put his hand on Seigart's shoulder and said "Why don't you go eat your other orange, I want to try something"

After Seigart walked out of the tavern Jinn breathed a small sigh of relief. He couldn't justify these actions to himself anymore, she was calling us monsters and we were proving her right.

The stealth mission, where the npc's never even knew we were following them.
The heated talk between Ruki, Billin, Siegart, and Kumari.
The mission Saturday night against the unspoken leaders going very smoothly.

Friday night, after the first set of fireworks went a handful of us went to the main gate to make sure that nothing was happening there. We get out of the gate and see three npc's huddled around something on the ground and one more by the wall. When we go to stop what they are doing we get yelled at that we see nothing. So we turned around and get not ten feet into the fort when more fireworks go off and unspoken pour into the fort... I was rather upset about this as we activey were trying to prevent the wall from being destroyed again, but were given no opportunity to do so. Apparently the unspoken can carry, set, and explode a bomb to the wall in less than a min....

Character interactions and dealings with what has happened. Like with Kumari, or my talks with Siegart

"She has already paid for what she did, there doesn't need to be any more deaths." I said trying to convince my friend.
"Are you going to stop me?" The tori nor asked almost threateningly
"I can't stop you," I say, thinking how useless I am in this situation.
"Good" Siegart says turning back towards Kumari
"All I can do is ask that you don't kill your friend." I say to his back, he stops momentariy but continues on...

1. The scouting missions were a blast, developing targets based off that, and in general carrying out an entire operation of that scale was a good time.

2. Winter sucks. I usually found things to do to keep busy. Only had a bit of downtime and that was during some highbrow deliberation. Also one of my lock tags vanished when the goblins raided my cabin and I'm not sure if it was picked or shattered.

3. Pretty much everything this weekend was fun, so if that could keep up then great.

4. Radke felt the focus return to his mind, the sharpening of his thoughts overriding the chemicals from the alchemy that had struck him. He glanced around the shack, anger tightening his jaw as he stormed back into the night. It seemed everything was clear out here, causing him some consternation. They could handle things out here. He went back inside, intent on at least looking around. Jinn's voice echoed across the field.

Maybe it was the hangover from the enfeeblement, maybe ot was adrenaline from the battle, maybe it was because they had come on this mission prepared for this, but he didn't think as he sparked a candle, that Jinn asking him to look around was going to lead to anything too exciting.

He winced as he realized what was about to happen, as the flame of his candle lit higher.

Next thing he knew he was standing naked in a crater, surrounded by the scraps of his gear and a small crowd of singed and similarly clothed adventurers. Radke smirked.

Well at least the unspoken wouldn't have gas at their disposal anymore.

I'm not sure if it was picked or shattered.
if it was picked, the tag would remain. If it was Shattered/Destroyed or stolen, the tag is removed. (PS, I know that it was Shattered. A little Goblin told me so...)

I really like the roleplay between the Goblin (Sam) and the Architect (Curt). It was interesting to see them not wanting to work togeter but forced to. They did it very well. Curt with his gloves moving everyone hands who should not touch his work and Sam being so nice to him to be mistreated.

It was interesting that we had to spy on NPCs and we were there for a long time listening to them talk about out of game stuff. When we went back after a while. We explained to Bryan that we had been there since the beginning and we still have 2 people following them while the NPCs were leaving. Bryan talked to the NPCs to find out they thought we were not there. I don't know if there is a way around this as we are supposed to try our best not to be seen. Maybe just avoiding to do OOG chats in the mod area when you are expecting PCs to come even if you think they are not there. Or maybe have an OOG Marshall just tell the NPCs to get started on their assigned roleplay when the PCs have arrived.

Maybe more situation where the PCs have to help get NPCs to work together. They can use their diplomacy and other tactics. Keith managed to make the Goblin and the Architect work together in a very smart way.

Bota sees his friends on laying on the ground far away from him. A few of the Unspoken are blocking the way. It used to be that they would let him help his friends. He is not threat after all. But now the unspoken are not willing to let him go. A couple of his friends come and help him. They keep the unspoken busy so he can help those who have fallen. He arrives and sees that Johm's spirit is weakening quickly. He used the life spell on him first and then on the other who have had fallen and they moved away from the fight to recover and receive my healing.
What happened? Why do they believe we are evil? Little did the dryad know that he would find the answer pretty quickly.

It does not appear I have ever gotten the 15 Goblin stamps for any of the summer event.

It was interesting that we had to spy on NPCs and we were there for a long time listening to them talk about out of game stuff. When we went back after a while. We explained to Bryan that we had been there since the beginning and we still have 2 people following them while the NPCs were leaving. Bryan talked to the NPCs to find out they thought we were not there. I don't know if there is a way around this as we are supposed to try our best not to be seen. Maybe just avoiding to do OOG chats in the mod area when you are expecting PCs to come even if you think they are not there. Or maybe have an OOG Marshall just tell the NPCs to get started on their assigned roleplay when the PCs have arrived.

This was a case where the PCs decided to "hide" from the NPCs, but did not explain to any NPC or marshal that they were doing this. The NPCs waited for roughly 30 minutes and when the PCs did not show (they knew the PCs were following them), they assumed that the PCs "went away", radioed to Monster Camp and got permission to come back to MC. If a group of PCs wants to try this in the future, they need to let the Hook know ahead of time, so we can coordinate in MC with the NPCs and not have this confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back