Are you crafty? Got spare stuff? Need some gold?

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Hi everybody! It's Silp!

So, I find myself with a bit of a pile of spare gold these days, but I don't really have an interest in most of the stuff people usually spend their gold on, like scrolls or magic items and such! Instead, I'd be more interested in gettin' some new general stuff to wear and such, as well as to help outfit some of my pals! And if you're a bit short on gold, this could be just the opportunity for you!

Here's the deal: If you make (or just have spare that you don't need for whatever reason) shirts, armor, fancy weapons, jewelry, belt pouches, or whatever else, I am lookin' to buy these sorts of things and would be glad to pay you my gold for them! If you can make clothin' stuff like shirts and such, I'd be more than happy to give you fabric, give you my measurements and stuff (I got kinda long arms and kinda wide shoulders), and talk with you about ideas for what kinda colors and styles I’m lookin’ for and whatnot!

If you make or have somethin’ cool and want to see about sellin’ it to me, lemme know and I’ll see if I want to buy your somethin’ from ya! I like a lot of different kinds of stuff! I'd even be interested in metal stuff if you've got it, since I know I have friends that would be glad to use it if I had it on hand for 'em!

I know a lot of folks don’t really do a lot of talkin’ or listenin’ here, so if you do see this and think “Hey, my buddy so-and-so makes things but probably didn’t hear this”, you should tell your buddy so-and-so that makes things about this and have ‘em get in contact with me! Or if you know your buddy so-and-so that makes things makes things, you could just tell me who your buddy so-and-so that makes things is, and I can contact ‘em directly!

Ooh, and of course, if you make me somethin’, I’ll be sure to show if off and brag loudly about how great it is and the great person I got it from, so you can get more business if you want! That should go without sayin'! But, I guess I said it, so... nevermind on the not-havin'-to-say-it point!

So, lemme know if you have anythin' you might be able to offer, and feel free to lemme know if you have any questions or anythin'!

It'll be nice to see everyone again soon!

~ Silp

Last edited:
Hi Silp,

I make purses and pouches. I made one for Corbell, so he should have it at the April Market. I'm in the process of making a few more.

-Skylark

I have the material and the know how but I won't have the time to help you in this matter until the market after this one. I would love to talk about specifics next market. (oog. I make these things but Migs can't do armor) I can get you some good armor either plate or leather (out of EVA foam), I also personally know how to sew and I have the patterns for different things like pants, shirts, tunics and more. Either way, I'm excited to meet up with you at this next market.

Hi Skylark! I'll be sure to take a look at the one Corbell has and let you know if I'm interested in pouches like that!

Hi Migs! I'm certainly interested in some shirts, and no worries about not having them in time for this upcomin' gatherin'! Might you be able to send me some more info on the patterns you have so that I can ponder on 'em?

~ Silp

(oog this weekend I think I can check the exact patterns. Also, if you go to the simplicity website, there are more options that we can at least talk about.) for undershirts, I can make basic long sleeved or short sleeve, or a have a few designs for some baggier shirts. I also have a few patterns for different styles of tunics or overcoats. I am willing to look into more paterns if you like.

Lord Silp,

We should start a conversation about armor and whatnots I have hanging around. How'd those metal vambraces and greaves work out for your friend? I also have some female leather armor, but it is on the pricey side. Let me know what you want and I'll look into how I can accommodate you.

-Joseph Smith

Hi Joseph! Shirts, armor, and maybe weapons are the things I'm lookin' for most, but really, all the stuff I've ever got from you has turned out great, and I'd definitely be interested in whatever you've got on hand! If you have anythin' in particular you want to show me (like that armor, which even it's pricey, now you've got me intrigued), feel free to send me a letter at the Plateau with more details, and we can certainly chat more 'bout what you've got!

~ Silp

Back