A Plea for the Heartwood Exiles

Grianadhmad

Artisan
Բɾıєnds ın ᴛhє ᴀdvєnᴛʊɾınᵹ commʊnıᴛy ᴀnd єspєcıᴀɭɭy ın Aɾdıc,
Ƿɭєᴀsє ᴛᴀkє ᴀ momєnᴛ ᴛo hєᴀɾ ᴛhıs mєssᴀᵹє ᴀs ıᴛ concєɾns ᴛhє wєɭfᴀɾє of ᴛhє Һєᴀɾᴛwood Єxıɭєs, ᴛhosє Chıɭdɾєn of Aʊᴛʊmn who wєɾє dıspɭᴀcєd fɾom ᴛhєıɾ homє ᴀfᴛєɾ ᴛhє ɾєɭєᴀsє of бob Һopє ᴀnd ᴛhє sʊbsєqʊєnᴛ bᴀᴛᴛɭє wıᴛh ᴛhє mınd-єnsɭᴀvınᵹ cɭᴀn of ᴛhє Mᴀɭᴀchᴀɾı. Thoʊᵹh I hᴀvє bєєn ın conᴛᴀcᴛ wıᴛh ᴛhє Єxıɭєs ᴀs ᴛhєy ᴛєmpoɾᴀɾıɭy ɾєsєᴛᴛɭєd ᴀmonᵹ ᴛhє Ashwood ᴀnd бʊɭєᵹoᴀn dɾyᴀds, ᴛhєıɾ wınᴛєɾ hᴀs bєєn ɾoʊᵹh ᴀnd bɾʊᴛᴀɭ ᴀnd I bєɭıєvє ᴛhᴀᴛ noᴛ ᴀɭɭ of ᴛhєm hᴀvє sʊɾvıvєd, pᴀɾᴛıcʊɭᴀɾ ᴛhє єɭdєɾs ᴀnd somє of ᴛhє ʊnfoɾᴛʊnᴀᴛєɭy yoʊnᵹ.

My pɭєᴀ on bєhᴀɭf of ᴛhє Єxıɭєs ıs ᴛwofoɭd. Բıɾsᴛɭy, I ᴀm ᵹᴀᴛhєɾınᵹ pɾovısıons (bɭᴀnkєᴛs, cɭoᴛhєs, dɾy ᵹoods ᴀnd ᵹɾᴀıns, ᴛoıɭєᴛɾıєs, єᴛc) ᴛo ᴛᴀkє oʊᴛ ᴛo ᴛhє Ashwood ᴀnd dıspєɾsє ᴀmonᵹ ᴛhє Єxıɭєs. I pɭᴀn ᴛo do ᴛhıs dʊɾınᵹ ᴛhє Mᴀɾkєᴛ Dᴀy ın sıx wєєks' ᴛımє, ın ᴛhє hopєs ᴛhᴀᴛ somє of yoʊ kınd soʊɭs wıɭɭ ᴀɭso bɾınᵹ donᴀᴛıons ᴀnd pɾovısıons, ᴀnd pєɾhᴀps ᴀccompᴀny mє ᴛo mᴀkє ᴛhє dєɭıvєɾy. I know ᴛhᴀᴛ mᴀny of yoʊɾ hєᴀɾᴛs hᴀvє ᵹonє oʊᴛ ᴛo ᴛhє dɾyᴀdєs dʊɾınᵹ ᴛhєıɾ ᴛɾoʊbɭєs wıᴛh ᴛhє Mᴀɭᴀchᴀɾı ᴀnd ᴀfᴛєɾ ᴛhє pᴀɾᴛıᴀɭ bʊɾnınᵹ of ᴛhє Һєᴀɾᴛwood Gɾovє.

Whıch bɾınᵹs mє ᴛo my sєcond ɾєqʊєsᴛ: ᴀɾoʊnd ᴛhє sᴀmє ᴛımє I woʊɭd ɭıkє ᴛo єxᴀmınє ᴛhє Һєᴀɾᴛwood, sıncє I know ᴛhᴀᴛ noᴛ ᴀɭɭ of ıᴛ ᴀcᴛʊᴀɭɭy єndєd ʊp bʊɾnınᵹ. Whєᴛhєɾ ᴛhєɾє ıs somєᴛhınᵹ wє cᴀn do ᴛo єncoʊɾᴀᵹє ᴛhє spєєdy ɾєᵹɾowᴛh of ᴛhᴀᴛ ᵹɾovє -- by ɾıᴛʊᴀɭ oɾ hᴀɾd woɾk, oɾ ᴀny oᴛhєɾ soɭʊᴛıon I mᴀy noᴛ bє ᴀbɭє ᴛo ᴛhınk of -- oɾ wє cᴀn ᴀᴛ ɭєᴀsᴛ ᴛᴀkє ᴀn єxᴀcᴛ mєᴀsʊɾє of ᴛhє dᴀmᴀᵹє ᴀnd ıf ıᴛ wıɭɭ ᴛɾʊɭy ɾєcovєɾ, I woʊɭd bє sᴀᴛısfıєd wıᴛh єıᴛhєɾ ɾєcoʊɾsє.

Yoʊɾs ın ᴛɾoᴛh,
Gɾıᴀnᴀdhmᴀd of Aɾdıc

Last edited:
There are indeed rituals that can expedite the recovery process. My understanding is that in this particular situation, the destruction/decay of the forest must be finished before it can truly be reborn.
The cycle must be completed.
I am not earthly enough to evaluate the current state of the forest. But when the time is right, I will happily assist in its recovery.

As for the dryads, I will help.

Forest constantly live in a circle of growth and death. That's the way of things. I highly doubt the entire forest needs to be destroyed before it can start regrowing.

Forest Fires are particularly important to this as they lay the nutrients and allow easy access to the sun for new trees. Some seeds only open up under high heat.

I don't know the details about that specific forest but, if you feel you need to act to or correct an unnatural mistake. Here is some advice.
Learn to fish. Bury dead fish near the struggling trees. As fish decay, the trees can feed off of it.
Learn to purify water and bring water directly to new or struggling trees. This is especially useful if the trees roots have been damaged, and they can't get to deep down clean water sources.
Stop any poachers in the area. Minimize hunting as much as possible. Animals play an important part in the growth of the forest. They are already going to be struggling to survive with a the trees having problems. So removing any outside influences will take pressure of the forest.
Ensure there aren't any sources of chaos, or elemental influences. Necromantic magics are devastating to the forest. Undead also are. Even a single zombie will poison the forest. Other elements (such as fire, air, water, or stone) don't poison the forest but influence it in unnatural ways. This almost never turns out good for the forest itself. So elemental actors need to be removed with the same kind of prejudice you'd remove undead.
It takes time to heal a forest. It's rarely instant. Trees grow over human life times. But, you should start seeing results with in a year's time.

Lastly, if you think an Eternal Forest Ritual is important. Next time Mathis is around, I can ask that he cast the ritual. I believe the Emerald Flame has a copy of it in our library. If not we can try to barter for one. But, we should exhaust the other options first.

Link
Order of the Emerald Flame

If I may, I believe there are some additional details yet to be mentioned about the Heartwoods. Unfortunately, from what I gathered last year, there is an external force inhibiting the natural cycle of the forest: before it was burned down, a court of Fey imbued with Chaos (I can't quite remember their name) was sealed under the Heartwoods, kept there by the forest's vitality and presumably a few ritualistic barriers. The seal has been partially broken, and some of the Fey escaped, and are now looking to salt the soil in order to unseal the rest of their Court.

With the seal in such a limbo, it's quite likely Chaotic energies are seeping into the forest, keeping it's growth in check. By this, it's a likely scenario that the balance between Earth energies and Chaotic energies has reached a kind of lock, a state of equilibrium where the cycle cannot continue toward either side. I happen to have a... friend... that has studied the balance between chaos and Earth quite a bit more than I; if desired, I'm sure he'd be happy to take a look at the situation, and give his input. It's possible that a shove in either direction will start the cycle once more.

Yours, In Truth,

Velnaeus Xevaz, First of the Seekers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Բoɾᴛᴀnnıs bɭєss ᴀɭɭ of yoʊ foɾ wıɭɭınᵹnєss ᴛo hєɭp ᴀnd ᴛhє shᴀɾınᵹ of yoʊɾ knowɭєdᵹє ᴀnd ᴛımє.

Lᴀdy Ahɭᴀnᴀ - Iᴛ wıɭɭ bє joyoʊs ᴛo spєᴀk wıᴛh yoʊ ᴀᵹᴀın fʊɾᴛhєɾ on ᴛhıs whєn wє mєєᴛ on Mᴀɾkєᴛ Dᴀy ın ᴀ cóıcıᵹєs' ᴛımє. I hopє yoʊ ᴀɾє ɾєcovєɾєd fɾom yoʊɾ єxєɾᴛıons ᴀᴛ Sıɾ Cɾow's knıᵹhᴛınᵹ fєᴀsᴛ.

Lınk of ᴛhє Oɾdєɾ of ᴛhє Єᴛєɾnᴀɭ Բɭᴀmє - ᴛhoʊᵹh ᴛhє fıɾє ᴛhᴀᴛ spɾєᴀd ᴛhɾoʊᵹh ᴛhє Һєᴀɾᴛwoods wᴀs ɭᴀıd by ᴛhє pᴀɾᴛıcʊɭᴀɾ Mᴀɭᴀchᴀɾı cɭᴀn ᴀnd ᴛhʊs I mıᵹhᴛ consıdєɾ ıᴛ "ʊnnᴀᴛʊɾᴀɭ", ıᴛ ıs cєɾᴛᴀınɭy ᴛɾʊє ᴛhᴀᴛ sʊch occʊɾɾєncєs cᴀn bɾınᵹ nєw ɭıfє whєɾє ᴛhєɾє ıs dєᴀdwood. Thє ᴀım of ᴛhє fıɾє wᴀs ᴛo dɾıvє ᴛhє Chıɭdɾєn of Aʊᴛʊmn oʊᴛ, howєvєɾ, ᴀnd I do noᴛ ɾєcᴀɭɭ sєєınᵹ ᴀny ᵹɾєy pınє oɾ ᴀny oᴛhєɾ sєɾoᴛınoʊs ᴛɾєє spєcıєs ın ᴛhє ᵹɾovє. I wᴀs ʊnᴀwᴀɾє ᴛhᴀᴛ ᴛhє dєcᴀy of fısh woʊɭd ᴀssısᴛ wıᴛh fєєdınᵹ ᴛɾєєs so I ᴀm ᵹɾᴀᴛєfʊɭ foɾ ᴛhᴀᴛ sʊᵹᵹєsᴛıon ᴀs wєɭɭ ᴀs yoʊɾ ᴛımєɭy ɾєmındєɾ ᴛo ɾєmovє soʊɾcєs of chᴀos ᴀnd ʊndєᴀᴛh. Aᴛ ᴛhıs ᴛımє I wıɭɭ shєɭvє yoʊɾ sʊᵹᵹєsᴛıon of ᴛhє Єᴛєɾnᴀɭ Բoɾєsᴛ ɾıᴛʊᴀɭ bʊᴛ I ᴀm ᵹɾᴀᴛєfʊɭ somєonє wᴀs ᴀbɭє ᴛo confıɾm ᴛhє єxısᴛєncє of sʊch ᴀ ɾıᴛʊᴀɭ ın ᴛhє єvєnᴛ ıᴛ ıs dєєmєd nєcєssᴀɾy. I ɾєcєnᴛɭy mєᴛ Sıɾ Mᴀᴛhıs ᴀᴛ ᴛhє ᴀfoɾєmєnᴛıonєd fєᴀsᴛ so I ᴀm ᴀɭso ɾєɭıєvєd ᴛo know hє coʊɭd cᴀsᴛ ᴛhє ɾıᴛʊᴀɭ ıf nєєdєd.

Vєɭnᴀєʊs Xєvᴀz - pɭєᴀsє pᴀss on my foɾmᴀɭ ɾєqʊєsᴛ ᴛo yoʊɾ fɾıєnd ᴛo єxᴀmınє ᴛhıs sıᴛʊᴀᴛıon whєn ᴀnd ıf hє ıs ᴀvᴀıɭᴀbɭє ᴛo do so. As Lınk of ᴛhє Oɾdєɾ of ᴛhє Єmєɾᴀɭd Բɭᴀmє mєnᴛıonєd, ıᴛ woʊɭd bє ıdєᴀɭ foɾ ᴀny soʊɾcєs of chᴀos ᴛo bє dıspɭᴀcєd fɾom ᴛhє ᵹɾovє, so ıdєnᴛıfyınᵹ ᴛhє Բᴀє ᴀnd ɾє-sєᴀɭınᵹ ᴛhєm (oɾ ɾєmovınᵹ ᴛhєm) woʊɭd bє vєɾy bєnєfıcıᴀɭ.

Back