New NPC benefit

Auric

Administrator
Alliance Owner
In an effort to increase the incentive to NPC the owners have voted to immediately pass a new NPC blanket rule.

This new blanket functions much like a goblin/dragon blanket would except to be able to purchase one you must NPC an entire event. If you NPC an entire event you will have the ability to grant your character an additional blanket for the month.

• A player can receive multiple NPC blankets each month from different chapters but no more than one NPC blanket can be applied to the same character each month.
  • NPC Blankets may not be rolled over into subsequent months but may be used up to three months retroactively.
  • Players may receive NPC blankets in any chapter and apply the blanket to any of their characters
  • You must NPC the entire event, meaning you cannot play your PC at all.
  • NPC Blankets cannot be purchased through any means, they are only rewards for Players who NPC.
  • This NPC Blanket is received in addition to any other Blankets from Events, Goblin Stamps, Dragon Stamps, or Alternative XP.

As a long time NPC I appreciate the recognition, and the action to incentivize more people to NPC. I have some questions just to make sure I understand this more fully:

1. You can receive multiple NPC blankets in a month from different chapters, but each blanket must be applied to different characters. So if I NPC Oregon and Seattle back to back weekends, I can't blanket my primary character once in Oregon and once in Seattle. I could however blanket my primary and a second on the books?
2. If I once again NPC Oregon and Seattle chapters in back to back weeks in July I can apply 1 blanket to my primary for July, and one in June (assuming I haven't already blanketed them for June).
3. If I leave the game early (injury/illness/family issue/I just decide to leave), is it a general "no blanket", at the chapter's discretion, or general "yes blanket" situation if I have checked into logistics to be a dedicated NPC for the event?

As I am likely to get asked these kinds of questions, I want to make sure that I'm answering them correctly. I'm not trying to undermine this idea (which I love).

1. You can receive multiple NPC blankets in a month from different chapters, but each blanket must be applied to different characters. So if I NPC Oregon and Seattle back to back weekends, I can't blanket my primary character once in Oregon and once in Seattle. I could however blanket my primary and a second on the books?

Correct. You can not get more than one blanket per month per character.

2. If I once again NPC Oregon and Seattle chapters in back to back weeks in July I can apply 1 blanket to my primary for July, and one in June (assuming I haven't already blanketed them for June).

Correct. Just like a regular monthly, you can not go back more than 3 months.

3. If I leave the game early (injury/illness/family issue/I just decide to leave), is it a general "no blanket", at the chapter's discretion, or general "yes blanket" situation if I have checked into logistics to be a dedicated NPC for the event?

Don't know, as I didn't ask the GM this (I did ask the others), but I'd assume no as it says the whole weekend.

Thank you @Gilwing

I was pretty sure that was the correct reading in 1 & 2, but wanted to be sure.

On 3, I would have expected the answer to be "at the chapter's discretion", but as long as I know what the answer is so I can intelligently field questions about the policy, I'm content.

Awesome news, thanks owners for voting this in.

As I am likely to get asked these kinds of questions, I want to make sure that I'm answering them correctly. I'm not trying to undermine this idea (which I love).

I was the one who brought this up at Symposium so I can probably answer this.
The proposal says you have to npc the "entire event", that's up to the chapter to figure out what is the "entire event". But, they for sure can't pc.
NPC is a loose term, this could include plot, monster desk folks, food service folks, as long as none of those people are playing their character(s).

I should also mention this rule passed prior to the national and calgary event last weekend. If you NPC'd either of those two events you will have received an npc blanket to use.

As someone currently NPCing, I like this.

Greetings! I think this is fantastic. I do a lot of Build Point planning with people here in Denver due to the cap we have, and have some specific questions on how these get applied so that I can properly plan with folks. Here are couple to start with, and then we'll go from there.

If I NPC a "normal" 2 day weekend:
1. Do I receive xp for a 2 day and then a 1 day, or for a 3 day?
2. If it is 2+1, can the 2 and the 1 be applied to different characters?

I tossed similar thoughts at a logistics person, and the response came back contrary to what I was expecting based on the wording of the original post, so I wanted to pop on here to talk it out.

If you NPC an entire event you will have the ability to grant your character an additional blanket for the month.

So in total, if I NPC, I can spend gobbies to blanket a character for the event, use an NPC blanket for the same character, and if I'm using the monthly for the same character, receive xp for the same character as if he was in two and a half events in a single month. Is that correct?

Yes, but your count is wrong. It's an event maxout (which is 2 blankets), then a npc blanket and then a monthly blanklet. So it would be almost equivalent to 2 maxouts.

Back