An Open Invitation

ecrath

Scholar
Chicago Staff
Fellow adventurers, I have been issued a test by my master Hanshi Vorg Deval. He has stated that I must fight against the best in each of the styles that I have mastered from amongst all of you. I have found this task to be impossible, you are are brilliant in your own rights, as such I will be issuing an open invitation to duel in the follow categories:
*Single dagger
*Single Sword
*Two weapons
*Sword and shield
*Two handed weapons
*Archery
As I believe a fighter must be well balanced in their life:
*Debate
*Wit, riddles, puzzles
*Bardic (story telling, music, dance, etc.)

For the wit, riddles, and puzzles I will be accepting suggestions from those around at the time of challenge. All duels will be the first to 10 strikes on the opponent and be fought three times. If any opponent wishes to opt for first blood or till bleeding out I will accept those challenges. There are also some specific people I wish to fight at their full strength, I shall come to you personally. I request that at least 1 vornae in attendance be present as a judge for each duel I will fight. These shall start on Saturday morning after breakfast and continue until there are no more opponents or until the need arises for us.

On my honor,

Ignathis Nachtfeuer

Last edited:
If you are looking to win in a dance contest, choose myself; if you’re looking to be defeated in front of 20+ People then challenge Lord Silp.

But for 1 sword vs 1 sword, that is a different story...

-Binks

It's true! Slip has mad dance moves.

-Ragnarok

While I can neither confirm nor deny any past competition where I may or may not have whooped Binks in a dance off, Binks did manage to win the great Binks and Silp Duel of Whatever Year It Was, but at least the duel went for like an hour, and I think it was only to three touches! (And he was usin' a long sword against my Silpin' Stick, too!)

Ooh, that said: you're probably gonna want to shorten up your duels, Iggy! Three rounds of ten hits per duel is gonna last foreeeeeeeever!

~ Silp

I was hoping to say “Gaden rules”, as yes, a duel with Silp and I truly lasted about an hour. It’s as though we read movements 4 hits in advance.

-Binks

Shodan Nachtfeuer、

このテスト方法はあなたのスキルと時間の下にあります。この恥ずべきからあなたを救い出せてください。

私はブルットゥーノの啓典に基づき、あなたの真のテストになるための決闘にあなたに挑戦します。私たちの学校の名誉と評判は挑戦されていると感じています。あなたはVornaeの私達の社会の真の 先生のものとして低学歴者が今まで以上に立ち上がることを証明するために、あなたのスキルを現在のレベルから高める必要があります。これが適切な手段であることに同意する。

この決闘の背景と歴史的な性質を考慮して、私はSensi Vorgが名誉を決定するために利用する伝統的な限界に固執するように強く感じます。私はあなたのトレーニングがこれが何を意味するのかを十分に知っていると信じています。確認するために私たちの家と事前に相談しなければならないのは恥ずかしいと思います。純粋な武器だけ、もちろん。私は秒を必要としません。あなたは武器を選ぶかもしれない。私はそのキッチンの外でブラフを選びました。あなたはまだ場所を決めようとしています。次の市場で正午前にベルです。私はあなたに伝統的な第二のステップを実行するのを待っています。あなたが名誉の男であれば、同意する必要があります。さもなければ、私はあなたがあなたの恥を生き残らないと信じています。

久保蓮司

[Shodan Nachtfeuer,
this method of testing is beneath your skill and time. Please allow me to rescue you from this shame.

As per the Code of Burēdo no Keiro, I hereby challenge you to a duel to serve as your true test. I feel the honor and reputation of our school is being challenged and you must elevate your skill from its current level to prove that a lowly bugaisha can ever rise as to that of a true Kensei in our society of Vornae, and I'm sure you would agree that this is the appropriate recourse.

Considering the backdrop and historical nature of this duel, I feel compelled to adhere to the traditional limitations that Sensi Vorg utilizes to determine Honor. I am trusting your training has been complete enough to know what this means, as I'm sure you'd agree it would be shameful to have to confer with our House beforehand to confirm. Pure weapons only, of course. I will not require a second. You may choose your weapon. I chose the bluff outside of that kitchen you insist on still cooking in for location, a bell before midday at the next market. I await you to perform the traditional second step. If you are a man of Honor, you must accept. Otherwise, I would believe you will not survive your shame.

-Renshi Kubo]

Renshi Kubo,

I believe it should be no surprise to you or any others that know me, I accept your challenge and shall await you outside the Flaming Skull Tavern at 11 bells. Should you wish, breakfast for yourself will be my treat if you arrive early. I believe that I will default to my traditional style of sword and sheild for this duel. My proposed rules are as follows: basic weapons only (no infused magic, nor coated blades, nor anything of that nature), we shall fight until one of us is bleeding out, the Victor shall see to the healing if their opponent, each of us will be allow to utilize 3 blade skills during the fight, and both of us shall fight with whatever armor we deem fitting normal or magical. Do you accept these rules?

Shodan Ignathis Nachtfeuer

——————————————————
Ig: Ignathis Nachtfeuer
Oog: Ethan Rath

Back