An Invitation to the Fate's Compass Tavern

Alkalin3

Knight
Greetings adventurers!

The Kundirk Adventure Co would like to invite you to the Fate's Compass Tavern!
It's located in a small village about 50 miles west of Dragonreach's Eastlands Duchy. Just follow the road that leads from the Onothera west, you can miss us!

Fate's Compass Tavern is known as one of the most popular taverns outside of the major kingdoms. There will be food and drink!

Additionally, buried below the tavern is the legendary clockwork artifact known as Fate's Compass. It's the primary tool the Kundirk Adventure Company uses to explore!

Every so often the Fate's Compass begins to power up, and will open a portal to something of great importance somewhere on Kundirk. Our current estimations are that the portal will open up the 26th day of the first month of 9 AFD then a second time 3 days later.

We like to map out and learn as much as we can from these locations. They often provide details about our own history.

We'll offer the first opening on the 26th to adventurers from Dragonreach, and the second opening to adventurers from Allacar if the Dragonreach folks haven't entirely explored the location.

As we get closer to the first portal opening, various rituals become more possible. We're usually able to get a floor plan and some basic information prior to opening. I'll provide those details here as we obtain them.

To whom it may concern,

Just a few questions if you will.
I take it that these events have occurred before?
What has occurred in times past?
Is there any more information we can obtain to best prepare for this opening machine event?
Are there any local denizens in the area of the tavern to be aware of or even concerned for during this time?

Regardless I’ll lend aid to those who would assist from Kalinthas or Dragonreach. Of course any information would be very helpful.

Zane Al’Vera
Order of the Emerald Flame

Zane Al’Vera,

Fate's compass has opened quite a few times actually. Often Celestine vaults are where it leads us the most. But, it's opened to the tomb of a lost Allacosian king, an old laboratory filled with proto Foundry golems, a submerged building followers of Bleak took residence in. Kundirk has a lot of history that we've lost. Notable people are often what it draws itself too. Have you ever heard of the Thalanil Miathana? He was a Celestine Hero, we discovered his tomb and much about his life and deeds.

We've rediscovered a lot through it. When you step through, from our side, you'll be able to travel freely back and forth. However, if you haven't stepped through from our side you're unable to use the portal. Not unlike being invested in a circle of power, if you do encounter resistance it'll be unable to follow you back.

It's still early for us to cast rituals but, we'll provide you with everything we can. You're also welcome to cast your own rituals, lores, visions, etc.

Our town is rather humble. There's a smithy, circles, and a town guard. Because of our location, though we do see a fair amount of foot traffic. Making most interactions you should have during your stay in Keldrill pleasant.

Errious Xoji
Kundirk Adventure Co

Greetings Adventurers,

The first round of rituals has completed and I have more information to share with you.

It appears this was some kind of resting tomb (well maybe that's not the right word). The people who have occupied it suspended themselves somehow for a long time. This is where they laid.

From what we've scried they have some kind of connection to dreaming. But we're still unsure of who these people are/were.

We've identified 10 large rooms in the complex.
A Treasury
Some kind of large room with a spill over of that dream energy. We're calling it a "Container room".
A prison
An Archive

A room with some kind of generation device that's responsible for some of the dream energy.
An Animal Pen and Breeding Ground
Some kind of Mage area, we're referring to it as a Magitorium.
A room for their leader or another important figure, we believe this is a Seer and the proper name is "Light Room".
A Storage Room.

There's a large antechamber in the center of all these rooms where Fate's compass will open.

Strangely enough our visions haven't revealed much about these people, just about the area.
We're looking to learn more. It appears there's a large amount of documentation scattered. We're hoping we can build a story about these folks. Additionally it looks like it's packed with cultural artifacts. If we could connect these artifacts to various stories that'd be wonderful, we can understand more about them.

It looks like there's a large amount of structural damage. The complex is entirely buried. It doesn't appear there is a risk of collapse but, it should keep the place isolated.

That being said there's a couple things to worry about. There's still prisoners in that prison. I have no idea how after all this time. Something in there exists as a void.
Additional visions specifically about this thing have yielded entirely black visions. Strange.

The animal pens still have animals in them, which have probably reverted to being incredibly feral.

Lastly, we've identified Scarabs in the complex. These bugs eat flesh living and dead. They have an incredibly powerful chitinous shell. Various things will crack this shell, making them easier to dispatch. Most notably Lightning and Ice.

I will try to see if we can get a map sketched out. I will also see about another round of rituals. If you have any questions about this, or maybe are interested that we point our rituals in some direction please let us know.

Thank you, Kundirk Adventure Co., for the invitation. I will be in attendance and look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

For any blacksmiths that will be in attendance, I would like to purchase a couple mundane crossbows and a batch of bolts.

I will also be in the market for some potions, celestial scrolls, alchemy, and traps. Let's discuss when we arrive, or feel free to send me a pigeon in advance if you would like.

See everyone soon!

Aurik Louciann

I’ll add to that. I’m looking to purchase potions as well.

Priority potions for me in order are:
Any healing
Awaken
Cure Disease
Spell Shield
Elemental Shield
Purify
Destruction
Silence

Any beyond that and I’m still interested of course.

Zane Al’Vera
Order of the Emerald Flame
Master Slayer

Please feel free to bring things to decorate Fate's Compass Tavern to help make you feel all at home. We welcome any banners and such you wish to hang while staying with us.

Errious Xoji
Kundirk Adventure Co

Errious Xoji of the Kundirk Adventure Company,

I may not be able to travel to Fate's Compass Tavern but, I am incredibly interested in some of the wares you might be able to procure. I am interested in mechanisms and tools to help explore the world at large. In my lands a microscope is extremely difficult to find. An astral compass or any mirror of fine quality to install in a telescope would be appreciated. Could I send an envoy with payment if any such artifacts are found?

Many Thanks,
Matron FallingStar

Matron FallingStar,

That kind of clockwork mechanisms and components generally aren't found. They're made. But, I'm not stranger to sourcing clockwork components. If you can provide me with a blueprint with exact specifications, I can reach out to my contacts about sourcing.

But, my current focus is documenting some of these lost cultures and understanding their story.

Errious Xoji
Kundirk Adventure Co

Oh My Goodness!
This is such the bestest opportunity for me! Hello hello hello everyone! And especially Mr. Errious for having us all! My name is Cordelia, but you can just call me Cori or Cora! I am very excited to see your tavern I am positive it is super duper great! I am so super excited to make some new friends! Thats why I am taking up adventuring! I am very excited about the animal pen so I can pet some puppies or something! Kitties would also be really really cute! Oh dear, I haven't even got to my original point yet... I'm sorry
My friend Kasha and I are coming to be real honest adventurers! I was told thats the best way to make friends! I am super duper super excited to meet you all and know we all are going to be the best of friends. Goodness I love you all so much already! I am a healer, but I'm not very good... But as long as you try your best you are amazing! At least thats what Anya tells me. Again I am so very very very very excited to be your friend and to see your tavern Mr. Errious!

Your new best friend,

Cordelia (Cori)
(PS I love you very much and you are doing amazing whoever you are!)

Last edited:
Since no folks had any more pointed questions I have some more general information.

The Treasury
It's locked. A lot of the locks here are infused with some kind of magic. They can be broken but not very easily. If someone can pick locks that'd help you get in. Although from various visions it appears you can probably also just gather the keys.

Prison
It looks like the cells do something to sustain their inhabitants. There's at least 2 active ones. One of them has that strange presence that shows up as a void in our visions.
Also there seem to be some concentration of undead in 2 more of the cells. A room filled with some kind of lesser undead, and some stronger undead.

Magitorium
It looks like some kind of device was used to power something that went on here. The device appears to be overloading. This could be potentially be a risk that extends beyond the runes. We believe there's enough energy in it built up to punch a small hole in the plane.

Our visions have also turned up that there's a lot of written texts about these people. I think we have a real chance to learn their story. If you find artifacts and stories that attach to them that will really help us learn about these people. The Storeroom appears to have a good amount of stuff in it.

I look forward to talking with you more in person.

Errious Xoji
Kundirk Adventure Co

Mister Xoji,

Thank you for your continued updates. If you are still available to answer some questions, I have a few in mind.

1) What is the closest Waymaker Stone to your location?
2) In times past, has Fate's Compass ever taken you somewhere outside of Kundirk itself, or does it appear to be bound by this plane?
3) You've mentioned void now a few times. Do you actually believe this to be "Void" itself, or something closer to an obfuscation ritual?
4) Have you learned anything more about the properties of the energy coming from the container room? What makes you believe it is connected to dreaming?

Safe Travels,
Banradi Irani Moduri Newberry
Waymaker

I'll answer your questions in order.

There's one that's a bit of a ways away. Most people just take the road from Dragonreach. But, it might be closer.

I don't think so. But, there's been a few times where we weren't sure. Kundirk is a big place. Certainly it's never taken anyone to such an obvious other plane such as fire. But, I can't say for certain some of the places we've investigated weren't other prime material planes.

I suspect it's much closer a pane of glass with black paint over it. Light can't pass through. Or in this case magic. I meant void in a less literal sense than you're taking it.

I didn't do anymore visions specifically on it since no one asked until now. Some folks prefer adventurin' blind. For excitement reasons I suppose. When looking at it with the general vision ritual, there was clearly some kind of portal or rip, it made the caster yawn, and their vision go fuzzy. So it's an assumption. I could be wrong.

Errious Xoji

Back