New to ,well, everything

Mavelian

Hail and well met everyone!
I’m moving to Denver in a few weeks and stumbled upon Alliance while looking for ways to make new friends in a new city. I’ve never larped before, but have wanted to give it a try for some time! I’m a little overwhelmed by it, however, and was hoping to talk to someone about how to proceed? I saw that new rules are set to come into play soon, so I wasn’t sure if I should read the old rule book. I was also curious how many active participants are in this chapter and was hoping to chat with them about their experiences.
Basically just very new, pretty lost, but enthusiastic. Thank you!

Good morning! My name is Mike, I'm one of the players here in Alliance Denver. First of all welcome. Our last game in Feb had about 55 players (to give you an idea of the player base). We are pretty active though a bit less active in the winter. I'm sure many of us would be happy to answer whatever questions you might have! Please post away.

As far as the rules go, the new 2.0 rules packet is currently written as a set of changes to the 1.3 rules, so unless you wait patiently for the new rulebook to be released you'll need to read both unfortunately.

Good morning! My name is Jon, and I'm the New Player Rep for Alliance Denver. As Ken mentioned we are working with both the current 1.3 rulebook and the 2.0 pre-release packet that makes changes to it. I would be glad to help you navigate the books and answer any questions you have. You can email me at Joncatamas@gmail.com or send me a private message here and we can set up a time to speak via discord or some other platform, or just correspond via text. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi Mavelian, I'm fairly new too. Just PCd my first event in February. This is a very friendly and merry crew of folks. I played an NPC back in November and it was a great experience plus I got to know and understand the system from the other side, which greatly helped when I decided to play on the PC side. It's a great idea to get your feet wet and gain an in-depth idea of how to play without having to worry much about being in character or builds, skills, spells, effects and all the other details.

Hi Mavelian, I'm fairly new too. Just PCd my first event in February. This is a very friendly and merry crew of folks. I played an NPC back in November and it was a great experience plus I got to know and understand the system from the other side, which greatly helped when I decided to play on the PC side. It's a great idea to get your feet wet and gain an in-depth idea of how to play without having to worry much about being in character or builds, skills, spells, effects and all the other details.
Yeah, I was definitely considering starting with the NPC side of things to get a feel for it!! It seems like a really good way to start, since you're not committing to anything long term with it.

Welcome both to Denver, and to Alliance Denver!

If you're not already part of our Facebook group, "Alliance LARP Denver," please join us on there for most of our social discussion, and an easy way to make connections with other players.

Trace

Back