Jack of all Trades without Educated

Draven

Count
The answer to this question would affect how I answered this here:

Ultimately, without Educated, can one use Jack of all Trades to identify items?

My belief is yes, and for two reasons:

1) JoaT does not imply that a requisite skill exists for the passive benefit it provides, and I believe it would indicate such if intended.

2) Create Trap provides identification ability without Educated (at least, is intended to, per ARC).

Therefore, I believe that JoaT provides the ability to identify items as though the user was also Educated, but I’d be interested in finding out if there isn’t consensus here.

I think the intent is for Jack of all Trades to allow production to be identified. I also think that if that is the case, the scroll text needs to be changed to properly reflect it though, and that requires ARC clarification/update.

There are two possible re-wordings possible:
"The character also counts as having Educated and Create Trap for the purposes of identifying production items."
or
"The character also counts as having Educated, Healing Arts, Herbal Lore, Create Trap and Read Magic for the purpose of identifying production items."

That would depend on how fast JoaT is supposed to allow identification in. I lean towards the latter to allow the same time for identification across the board, otherwise Create Trap becomes an outlier.

Upvote 0
Back