In the courtyard of The Lux

Status
Not open for further replies.
A thick mist slowly rolls in from the fae forest and surrounds Jinn's small stone house nearby, creeping over the freshly fallen sniw. It grows so thick that soon all that is visible is the chimney and the smoke lazily rising from it. A few minutes pass and the mist is slowly pulled back into the forest. As it fades a small pile of fabric and a lone piece of parchment lay on the veranda, not there before.

Calan having exited the house to take a break from painting notices the parchment and lifts it up. he Inspects the paper.

Last edited:
As Calan unrolls the note, he slowly reads the note, obviously written in a rush in an unfamiliar handwriting

*note sent in pm*

Further inspection would reveal the pile of clothes to be two purple banners, outlined in black, painted with three raven skulls

Last edited:
Puzzled and slightly concerned calan picks up the things stuffs it all under his armour. The. Goes for a walk out into the woods.

After a short time Calan walks up the steps visibly upset. He walks over to one of the pumpkins on the deck and takes out a vial and drinks it down.

Last edited:
Phalaenopsis returned from caring for Split Pea and Bell Pepper as Calan was lowering the vial from his lips. "Are we starting early in celebration, or because it's been a rough day?" he asked, ascending the steps, "Split Pea was avoiding me because he's still mad about the cage, so it took me forever to track him down for treats. At least I can still bribe him with rabbit."

Calan smiles at Phal, he has a slight look of puzzlement on his face.

“Uh, I , I’m getting close to finishing my painting. Yes we should celebrate.” Calan stows the empty vial in his pouch and retrieved another downing it as quick as he had the first.
He pulls out another and offered it out to Phal.

Phalaenopsis raised an eyebrow at Calan. "Congratulations on the painting, but you don't exactly sound sure that you're happy with it. "he said, taking the vial from Calan, "Or are we celebrating that you only have finishing touches to do?" He popped the top of the vial open and inspected the contents, and the aroma of vanilla cake met his nostrils; he nodded, and raised the vial in a toast. "To the near completion of an artistic endeavour." he said, downing the contents and hiccuping almost immediately. "Hmm, that one tasted a little too much on the vanilla side." he giggled, "I'll -hic- have to adjust the recipe."

"Chicken was good, cage was bad." he slurred, taking a seat and re-capping the vial, "But I can -hic- probably still get him to bond with you, if you want a personal -hic- messenger hawk."

Calan stumbled back a and fell into one of the benches.

“I waz worried he’d be cold.” Calan tried to focus. “Ya, I just need some finishing touches. Have ya seen it?” His face scrunched. “I didn’t exactly get training on bird handling. Ya know”

Phalaenopsis giggled again. "No, no, he's, uh, -hic- trained, not a pet, so he'll be fine over winter; I just need to keep checking on him to make sure he's -hic- still eating. And not injured. Broken wing bad. Learning to handle him is -hic- part of the bonding. It's like... 90% convincing him to do what you want him to, and 10% -hic- rewarding him for doing it."

He pulled his scarf up over his nose, in a vain attempt to somehow mask his hiccups. "I'd like to see it, yes, but -hic- only when you're ready."

Calan, nods.
“Good to know.
Well since Jinn hasn’t returned.” He places his hand over his mouth to hold back a belch. “We don’t have a ward on our room. Yer free ta aaaaa” he leans to the side a bit. “Take a look. leme know what you think”

Last edited:
"I think I -hic- might, once I'm sober." Phalaenopsis chuckled, "Wouldn't want me to make a -hic- bad critique, would we?"

He fiddled with the vial in his hands absentmindedly. "I wasn't expecting Jinn back until next week, anyway," he slurred, "He needed a vacation, you know? The last -hic- two months were bad for him."

Calan looked at phal. "I wish id gone too." Calan paused thinking of the portrait. a goofy smile crosses his face. " tr-truth be told..... if it wasn't for the people I care about here..." Calan blinks his eyes trying to focus. he flourishes his hands for a moment as though conducting music." like you Id be tempted to go, on an extended vacation." Calan wipes his face, and is shocked to find his face damp, as though it had been wet not long before.

Last edited:
"Hmm, but if you had, then you wouldn't -hic- have had time to paint." Phalaenopsis countered with another giggle, "And also, you might not have had any time to find out -hic- who your competition is."

"As far as going on a vacaaaaaaaaation," he drawled out, finally managing to suppress his hiccups, "I might go back to Valdenhold for a few weeks come January; it'll be good to check in and see how things are going there. You could come, we'll make it a family thing."

“That sounds like a great” calan paused “idea, an speaking of great ideas I have a rlly grate idea.

Calan gets up stumbled to the door and shouted into the house.

“Rohnana, Rohnana, come quick!”

A smug nature attaches itself to him.

Rohnan sticks her head out from the bedroom and glares towards the front of the home “Do you have any idea what time it is Calan?” she asked the groaned when she saw the look on his face. “Oh damn it all.” She retreated into the room and grabbed her cloak. And double checked that her protectives were in place. And maybe summoned some mana into her hand.

She walked out of the cabin asking “all right Calan, what is it?” and noticed the way that her kinsmen were slightly teetering “are you both drunk?”

Calan squinted, " As a matter of fact, Maybe." Calan started to walk off of the porch towards the forest at the realization that neither Phal nor Rohnan were following him he pauses and shouts back. "Ya two coming or what? we are going on vacation its time to celebrate!"
Calan takes two more steps towards the forest and stops again. before letting out a sigh.

Calan mutters under his breath "stupid plan" his grimace turns back to a smile. "I already told you Phal and I are going on a vacation like Jinn we need to celebrate."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back