Into the tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calan enters the tavern. he leans against the wall and makes eye contact with Gabriella as he reaches into his pouch and pulls out the letter. he begins to open it up with a smirk on his face.

Calan's eyebrows raise as if to say. oh is this the letter you don't want me to read in front of you. this was probably the most cat-like thing he had ever done. His expression does not change, instead, he holds eye contact and starts to open the letter. he pauses as he cocks his head slightly to the side and a devilish grin continues to cross his face.

Knowing the contents of the letter Gabriella slowly stands, doing her best not to run at him and snatch it from his hands. Calmly she she makes her way over to the bar, keeping eye contact with Calan. She waves the bartender over and whispers something in their ear, then matches his stance against the bar top. Her head held high, but arms crossed with a hint of stress.

Having tormented Gabriella enough for the moment Calan placed the letter back within his pouch and tied it shut. all the while chuckling to himself. From there he decided to wander over to the table Gabriella had been sitting at and made himself comfortable.

The bartender comes back around with the two drinks she had just ordered, she hands them a silver and makes her way back to the table. Setting down the two drinks between the two of them she settles her self in her seat.

"Days like this make me question over and over why I spend my time with such....."

Mulling the thought in her she tries to find the right words.

A small chuckle escapes her as she replies

"No actully, I was more thinking along the lines of individuals that are entertained by me being stressed. However the question as to why I hang out with so many sylvanborn, I think you answered it quite nicely."

Grabbing a mug she takes a sip.

" Hit the nail on the head so to speak. I am sure we can both agree Rohnan makes for excellent company"

Grinning, she continues to enjoy her drink.

Calan pulls gold out of his pouch and slides it over to Gabriella. " to pay for my drink."
he lifts the drink up and takes a gulp.

"If you hadn't noticed. Stressing people out is one of the things I am known for around here." Calan raises both hands up mug and all and gestures vaguely about the room. "It's almost like you don't even know me. that being said, you hang around because it's exciting, makes your heart pound, you spend all your time with dependable books, each word laid out carefully one after the other. while I on the other hand," Calan puts his drink down and pulls out a deck of cards and begins to shuffle them with one of his fancy shuffle techniques. " just like these cards are somewhat predictable and yet not." He fans out the whole deck face up as he finishes and takes another gulp of his drink.

Mulling over his words, she sets her mug down and slides the gold coin to the center of the table.

"And you would think after how many of our late night talks I would have come to accept this about you. I guess that by this point in time I just need to find a way to remind myself of that little fact when it comes to your personal character"

Looking down, intrigued as always when he pulls out his cards, she does her best to watch his hands.

"As for the the excitement part, you are not to far off"

Sliding her mug close to her chest she leans forward, keen on staying focused on the cards.

Solveig walks into the tavern, a gust of cold wind following her before she closes the door.
Weary from travel she shakes the snow off of her cloak and looks around. Seeing the two lovebirds she smiles, she had been away from the Lux for almost two months and was happy to see familiar faces.
“Hello you two! How are you???” She waves to the bartender, “one mulled wine please, hot as you can make it”

“Mulled wine is a fantastic choice on an evening like this.” Calan gestured for his friend to come and join him and Gabriella. “I can’t speak for this lovely lady but I am having the time of my life.” Calan pulls out two aces and the queen of hearts and begins to pick them up and put them down. He gestures for Gabriella to choose one card and fine the queen. If she’s been paying attention it was the card to her left.

Once the cards were laid out, she leaned back and looked up to her friend, sliding the card to her left back towards Calan.

"This lady is doing just fine, how have you been, it feels as if it's been too long since we have a had a good chat."

A smile gracing her face, and cheeks still ruddy, but now it was no longer from the cold. She picks up her mug of ale and continues to sip at it.

"Especially considering our last conversation was so rudely interrupted by that unexpected guest in the lux"

She takes one hand off from her mug and pat's the seat beside her.

Calan flips the card over revealing the queen. “Oh no, you found her.” Calan picked up the cards re shuffling them about. This time if she’d been paying attention the card was in the middle.

Solveig sighs as she remembers her last conversation with Gabriella. The Duke had arrived at the Lux in force, she’d told her to go get her husband as Solveig walked towards him alone. She frowned at the thought of that.... thing.
“Indeed it has been a while, I’ve been away from the Lux as well. Sarryn and I have been doing some work on our lands.” She looks over to Calan. “How have things been? Any news?”

Calan takes a sip of his beverage. “ well, that’s a complicated question; I’ve been fine, tired, stressed, but for the most part fine. As for news, I personally don’t have any, and if your asking about Jinns disappearance, unfortunately I don’t have anything new on that account either.”

Calan takes another drink before beginning to rearrange the three cards once more.

“How are you? What’s new? What did sort of work did you get up to?”

Calan keeps his eyes on his cards.

Solveig chokes on her wine. She gasps and coughs.
“What do you mean Jinn’s disappearance? He isn’t home yet?” Solveig frowns with concern for her friend.
“We have been working on collecting taxes from our vassals... they owe us 50 years worth ... it has been exhausting, but hopefully if we can come to an arrangement house Therion will be able to help the Lux more financially.” She sits back and sips her wine. “So when did Jinn go missing? Last I saw he was headed through the mists.”

Calan nods while lifting the queen card up and rolls it through his fingers like a coin.

“He never returned from New Acarthia; all we know is our banners returned with a note in someone else’s hand writing saying that the banners needed to be where they belonged, or something to that effect.”

Calan places the card back down and takes a big drink emptying his cup.

“He had a rough summer, the reaches took a toll on him; I don’t blame him for extending his stay. I would join him, but I have things keeping me occupied here and we’ll unless the mists swallow me up in the night or on a walk I won’t be able to follow him. The ritual id need to go is nowhere to be found at the moment, even if I could find it there’s nobody around to cast it.”

Calan lifts the mug up and gives it a slight shake testing to see if it truly is empty. He tilts it to peer down to the bottom and puts it back down.

“Fifty years eh? That’s gotta earn a pretty penny, no?”

Solveig lets out a sigh as Calan’s words sink in. She thinks back to the summer months, Jinn’s moments of anguish. Had he finally broken? She hoped not, she never wanted to go into battle without him. He had lost many people though, she and Sarryn had given their lives on one of his missions... she remembered how full of rage he was. Not to mention the other missions....
She looks up at her dear friend. He reminded him of Jinn, he had been a good friend to her, just like family.
“Aye, it’s a lot on money. Enough so that we may stand a real chance as a community to win this thing.” She reaches across the table, setting her hand upon his. “If he doesn’t come back, house Therion will always stand as allies to the raven clan. Whatever you need, we will do all in our power to make it happen.” She smiles at him and Gabriella in turn. “Besides, at the rate you two are getting on, we may have to plan another wedding.” She winks and chuckles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back