House Therion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solveig

Solveig sat in a chair by the hearth of her new home. As the fire crackles beside her she sighs and stares into the flames. She was troubled and while the house was empty she had time for quiet contemplation.
Her mind rested on her wedding, it had been joyous, standing there and pledging her heart and her life to Sarryn, but it had also been tense and even horrific at times. She had invited the Duke out of noble responsibilities and also out of a hope that he would lend some much needed aid to the Lux.
She thought back to right after the ceremony as she walked back to the tavern with her new husband, she had been so filled with joy and then Sarryn started to explain the Duke’s guest. Tears came to her eyes as she remembered the story he had told her, of the horrors the duke had inflicted upon her allies.
Her joy was quickly replaced by sorrow as she realized what her attempt to win this war had done. She had rubbed salt in a wound she didn’t know even existed.
As she watched her friends and family enter the tavern she smiled at them all as her heart was torn apart with guilt.
Every gift came with shame for her. Until that final gift was offered, not to her but to Sarryn. That belt...
She let out a shaky sigh as tears ran down her cheeks.
After the duke made the offer she could remember the quiet of that room, that had previously been filled with laughter and song. She had been trembling and trying desperately to hold it together. She knew that he couldn’t refuse, it was a wedding gift from someone who was technically noble, not to mention extremely powerful.
That silence felt like it lasted a lifetime, until those agonizing words were heard...
I accept.

Solveig brakes into tears as she remembers how quickly people left. She knew right then that either way, her husband would go through the circle for this. She knew that is was her fault, she had invited himand caused so much damage in doing so.

She stood up abruptly as her sorrow turned to freezing rage. She began to pace in front of the hearth as she recalled what had happened next.

The day after their wedding she watched Sarryn’s spirit shatter as the belt was removed. She had slowly picked up his belongings before heading to the circle to wait for him. Mal had followed and she was grateful for that. Who knew that she would find such an ally in the Orc?
She was seething by the time she reached the circle, and had it not been for Cameron’s kind words to Sarryn as he coaxed him home, she was ready to strike down all of the people who had taken this opportunity to air their grievances with Sarryn. She had yelled at Evo and the Fatespinner as she stood waiting to see if he would come back.

Solveig chokes back tears as she calms herself, her hands trembling.

And then, that same night the Duke had arrived and she went to speak with him. It took all of her will to keep herself from attacking him. Instead she calmly spoke with him, offering him the chance to make things right. Still, he had refused with cold indifference to the Lux’s plight. She felt the rage well up inside as she said she’d speak with the others. Everything she had done, with the vain hope that she could prevent more deaths like Cassiopeia’s, had been for naught.
Her fists had trembled that night as she listened to what the others had to say.
It had felt good to tell the duke they would never stand with him and to strike down all of those undead.
She stopped in front of the fire as she thought of the duke. His smug behaviour and all of the harm that she had found herself a part of, the pain of those she considered family and friends....
She slowly drew her knife and slid it across her hand, the edge biting into her skin next to the scars from last weeks oaths. She watched as the blood dripped onto the floor with silent determination.
she moved her bleeding hand over the fire burning in the hearth. There was a faint sizzle as her blood fell.
She whispered to the flames as she’d been taught to.
“Dam, hear me now, wherever you are. My name is Solveig of house Therion. You will do well to remember that name, for it is the name of your end. You have hurt those I love, you are a blight upon our realm and you tried to take my husband from me. By the blood in my veins I give this oath: I will strike you down, no matter how many times I need pass through that circle, I will destroy you and everything you’ve built.” She sighs and then raises her voice. “Solveig of house Therion will be your end.”

Solveig sighs deeply as she wraps her hand in a cloth. Much to do, so much to do she thinks. She leaves the hearth and heads to the kitchen as there are sounds emulating from it, perhaps someone was home after all.

Sarryn waking up before Solveig for once in recent days, sneaks out of the room and walks to the kitchen to make some coffee. Staring out the window Sarryn thinks about how to bring up what he wanted to talk to his wife about... rubbing his left arm remembering what used to be there and what had been healed by powerful dragon magic, how would he tell her what he wanted to do, would she understand why he wanted to do what he was going to do?

Letting his head hang and closing his eyes Sarryn took in the smell of the fresh coffee that he had just made and poured two cups before heading back to the room to wake her up with a fresh cup of coffee.

Opening the door Sarryn puts down the mugs beside the bed and pulls over a chair as quietly as he can, sitting down beside Solveig he nudges her awake and leans down to kiss her cheek to wake her.

Solveig groans softly as she pulls the furs up over her head. She was exhausted with hers and Sarryn’s recent trip to their lands. She rolls over and slowly lowers the fur to her chin. She glowers at her husband.
“You’d better have coffee....”

Smiling down at her and leaning in for a full kiss “Of course I have coffee, I wouldn’t wake you unless I had coffee or it was important and this time it’s both... I need to talk to you about something I NEED to do...”

Taking a deep breath and grabbing his mug of hot coffee Sarryn takes a deep burning drink of the coffee, reminding himself what he has gone through over the years and what he now needs to do. Putting down the mug and rubbing his left forearm “Well my love, I miss having the reminder of the marks on my arm. I don’t miss the what it took from me to have the marks but they always reminded me of what we have been fighting for and against. Now with them gone I am relieved that they don’t have a hold on me anymore but I also am filled with a loss that what I have given my blood for and worked on for years was removed so quickly.” Looking deep into Solveig’s eyes “I want to have the marks back” pausing for a second “not the same way they were put on but I want them tattooed so they will always be a reminder to myself and to remind those that have been through all of this that we will keep fighting until our last breaths”

Solveig maintains eye contact and listens to every word. When he is done, she sips her coffee and thinks on what he has said. She nods and jumps naked out of the bed. She starts bustling around the chamber, a robe half on as she gathers several things.
Once she has everything she needs she jumps back onto the bed and lays everything out. A needle, ink and a candle.
She gestures for Sarryn to sit.

Jumping back in slight surprise that Solveig jumps out of bed so quickly and that she runs around the room gathering things all the while getting a robe on. When he see what she has laid out and gesturing for him to sit, Sarryn nods with a smile “You surprise me every day my love” taking a deep drink of coffee and sitting down on the bed “I didn’t know you did tattoo work...”

She smiles at him. “Where I grew up, it was something you learned very young. Our stories are what give our lives meaning. Tattoos are the physical embodiment of those stories. Something to earned and worn proudly. My services come at a cost though love...”

"Hmm I didn't know that it was a part of you growing up." nodding his head "I agree they are the physical embodiment of the stories which is why I want to have them back." raising a eyebrow "Oh and what would this cost be? I will gladly pay it but what would it be?"

She grins at him as she slowly heats the needle over the flame of the candle.
“well, these are marks that you’ve earned many times over, but you’ve never told me all the stories. You show me which symbol you want done and tell me the story of it as I work the ink into your skin.” She checks the needle, making sure it is sharp.
“And afterwards, I want to get a matched symbol with you. To signify that I know the story and share that responsibility with you.”

Watching as she heats the needle over the flame and making sure that its sharp. "I will have to remember how each one changed me but I will tell you the stories of them as you work. Some will be a bit shorter then others but I will tell you what I can remember of them all" Giving Solveig his arm to be worked on "I would love to share a matched symbol with you" Taking a deep breath Sarryn thinks back to what feels like forever ago....

Solveig furrows her brow as she begins work on the first symbol. She dips the needle in the ink and slowly pushes it into his skin, making sure that enough of the ink stays under the skin. It was a slow process and she kissed his palm and she wiped away the blood and ink, then looked up at him expectantly.

Wincing in pain but relaxing and letting Solveig begin tattooing his skin he takes a deep breath in ready to start telling the stories of what he can remember. “Grazz’nit… the realm of torture, where we had to go save Evo after he fell in Carroristo’s realm but long before that we had to walk down the lines of power to get to the realms, where we had to cut ourselves and bleed to get into the realm and not be lost in the fog and we lost some of our power to get in… we met a creature that led us through the realm before we got to Grazz’nit.” Shaking his head slightly “I am not sure if it was just the realm that was torture, I think that Grazz’nit was also being tortured over the time that he was there with the knowledge that his partner had been killed by Al’zoon and that he could do nothing, it drove him mad and he became the ruler of the realm. We had to ask the Duke to help us get back in to the realm to save Evo, and we have no idea what happened there did the Duke kill Grazz’nit or did he leave after a while.”

Solveig listens as she tattoos his skin, frowning at hearing the Duke mentioned. She sits back for a moment, looking at the scar on her hand from the oath she made. She nods to him and after some time and some blood she sits back, the first mark tattooed. She kisses his brow.
“Thank you for sharing my love, I am so proud to be your wife. To know that you sacrificed so much just to be able to enter the realms.” She smiles at him.
“I know what it is to sacrifice in the reaches....” she shakes her head. “Alright, next Mark.”

Catching her chin in his hand he kisses her deeply "I know you know what it is to sacrifice in the reaches and you always have my support" looking down at the first tattoo and remembering the first time it went onto his skin. “Bal’anox I think was the next realm we went too, which you are familiar with. He did not change from back then to now, he had been breeding creatures for 1000 years at least breading out the weak and letting them eat each other. He had no love for the weak or people, he saw us as weak for saving the ones we could save and each other instead of stepping over each others bodies to get stronger. We talked with him and saw his book on the stand and the horn in the fire and standing toe to toe with him bought us some time to escape before he let his creatures hunt and feed on us. Sadly the second time they went there I was not with them but they were able to get what they needed, and the third time is when we finished the ritual and got the information on the oil from the secret hole in the wall. I am glad that we have sealed his realm away, gets us that much closer to finishing this”

Solveig nods along as she listens to his story. She indeed did remember Bal’anox, he had given her life when she had fallen trying to save Cassiopeia. She glanced at her ring as she continued to work on the tattoo. He had gifted it to her after reviving her, impressed by her decision to run back for an ally, knowing it would likely mean her death.
she watched as the blood dripped down his arm, mixed with ink. She wiped it before it hit the floor.
“I am glad we sealed it as well, although I am not convinced we have seen the end of him. If I’m right, I hope we can use this ring to buy time talking to him at the very least.” She sits back cracking her back and knuckles.
“All done, which realm was next?”

“The Shadow Prince was next, it is also when we started meeting with the ferryman to get us to where we needed to go. The gamble was high every time we met with him, the price was one of our souls to be able to get to where we had to go which we had to gamble against him. Win or lose he agreed to take us to the entrance of the realms and leave the boat for us to return on.” Pausing and wincing a bit as the needle hit a particularly tender spot Sarryn laughs a bit and grins giving Solveig pause as she flicked her eyes up to see what was going on “This is also where I lost my right arm and had it town off so it could be eaten by a werewolf. It was eternally a full moon in these lands and the Vampires were being fed from somewhere and had a steady supply. There were odd crystals as well that seemed to glow and were indestructible, we may have to deal with them at some point but the lands have become Dam’s because he killed the previous lord” with the mention of Dam, Sarryn spits on the ground in disgust “It had also seemed like Al’zoon had not been there yet from what we could tell.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back