Haven 1:3 Sanctuary in Bal Durahm

Status
Not open for further replies.
REMINDER: IBGA'S ARE DUE Sunday January 26th sent to winterplot@alliancealberta.ca

**NPCs - Do not post here. Let us know if you had any highlights or concerns in the NPC chat. Thanks! **

1. Post your favorite moments.
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix).
3. What you would like to see more of?
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character.

1. -The interview process at the beginning of the game. It was so personal and cold and it really worked for me.
-Overhearing people refer to me as a/the leader of the caravan. In game Dyne doesn't really believe it, out of game I feel very honored. At one point I had three different people waiting to speak to me about something.
-Finally finding someone else from my tribe.
-The whole Barren fight. So well done... and the players got a win. Even if it was short lived.
-...the town found a magic item?! We're loaded!
-Trying my best to diffuse a fight between Bambo and Seriphina.
-How everyone basically stayed in character the whole time. It was fantastic.
-The last mod was so creepy and well done. The NPCs rocked and the projector was something to behold.
-Azel taking the life braids and basically breaking Dyne

2. -Leaving for part of the event was lame!
-Our communication when it comes to larger scale mods is lacking

3. The unique and different mods. The betrayals. Basically, keep doing what you're doing.

4. Dyne looked to his compatriots, they had a huge ask in front of them... release the sentinel or don't. On one hand, they would be releasing Azel's brother, the person who has been hunting them for months and unleashing that kind of power would be catastrophic for both the caravan and haven. But on the other, if what he was saying was true, Haven wasn't truly a haven... and the caravan would be going from one hellscape to another. After laying all the cards, thoughts and theories on the table, a decision had to be made. Dyne began pointing to those he ventured into the cave with and asked them one simple question: Yes or no?

The yes' had it. And they had made the worst possible choice...

1. There were so many parts that I loved. The mod with the senses, the super weird goblin mod. ALL of my interactions with the Captain. The fact that our little group of kin has become wilder as the game goes on. Killing baron and then ripping his throat out..... oops.
2. Although I loved the concept of the trapbox, we were encouraged as experienced trap smiths from other games to give other people chances to do the box. Which is an excellent idea, but all it took was one person hogging it and then breaking it to ruin the fun of it. I never actually got to get any practice in. Maybe have a limit on how much time people can spend with singular items like this? I had similar issues with the puzzles last game, if there’s only one puzzle it usually gets picked up by one person and no one else can do it.
3. The mods that make us think. The ones that we can’t just swing a sword at. Keep scaring us, I am loving it!
4. Honey stood between Seraphina and Bambo while Dyne spoke. She listened intently as the new Sylvanborn voiced their concern and logic. She nodded along in agreement as the Sylvanborn explained to Seraphina that a threat was a threat whether someone’s life was threatened or not. The biata got on Honey’s nerves at the best of times, and today was a bad day for it. She did her best to stay calm but a member of her family was being threatened and was very agitated.

Just as the conversation felt as though it was in a lull, the biata took a step towards Bambo. Honey’s patience was spent and she stepped in front of Seraphina, letting all of her aggression flow out of her in the form of a roar. Her eyes stayed glued to the biatas as her roar quieted. “It is done, walk away or I will take your head off where you stand” she thought as she kept her gaze leveled.

Eventually Seraphina looked away and Honey sighed in frustration, stepping away and going over to her friend.

1. I really enjoyed the Music mod, even if we were rather slow to open the last door.
This was the first winter event where I Used most of my battle board :)

2.I think we have made terrible mistake releasing Ted, but it really felt like a no win situation, and that was the best outcome of it...

3. More mods with interesting props

4. Suddenly the lights go out and I hear my name get called, I believe by Ash. I get up and start moving to the hand of fate to recharge it, as per our plan, and I hear multiple people call out for me to stop moving.
I need to move to save the caravan from these monsters, so I need to risk it.
Looking around a corner I can barely make out the monster that is prowling around the camp, I see it turn down between the tents and quickly make it to the Hand with Ash.
We both cast our signature spells, him celestial, me earth, and after a tense moment, the creature is gone and I let out a sigh of relief, we are safe. For now.

Walking into the first mod and hallucinating the new guy, then yelling at NPCs through the doors, playing distraction on the slavers leader and again yelling at NPCs that their going to mess up the deal.
Running for help on the merrah/undead mod, opening the door "NOPE!" to many baddies.
The walk n talk with rock
The "Deadly" introduction of myself to the old guys
Getting to acctually talk with some envoys and figure out what n why is going on

Alittle slow near the end but there was good RO upstairs, kind of a bummer that the big production at the end was only for a small group

Ways to mess around and RP through mods, NPCs are doing great going with my BS

*ahem*
"IM CAPN...!"
*thudd*
*gasp* "me think hes dead"

The final confrontation with Ted was brilliant. Great RP between the PCs.
The opening of the night was very well paced and had a lot of character interaction (both PC and NPC). I think that has a ton to do with the IBGAs and other moments.
They eyeball fight was very clever. The mechanics were well done. Easy to understand when the marshal explained everything quickly.

Agreed with a few other posts. The final two hours upstairs seemed to drag a bit. We had a bit of drama to deal with on the PC side, but otherwise not many NPCs rolled through at the end.
Main NPCs need to be statted for a couple more defenses if they are getting into a fight. Was the second time I heard of an NPC telling a PC not to attack or use a certain ability to keep the game "interesting". If the NPC gets caught with their pants down, live and learn. (We have had summer NPCs that were caught this way and ended a big fight in 2 minutes. Oops).

The RP in the tavern was great at the beginning of the night. Need to carry that through to the end.

"Well, okay then. We have a vote of 4 to 3 in favour of releasing Ted. I'll do it. If this turns out to be a bad decision, I will take the burden of being the one to have done it." Asheron clicks the final block into place. HOLD... "f**k"

Main NPCs need to be statted for a couple more defenses if they are getting into a fight. Was the second time I heard of an NPC telling a PC not to attack or use a certain ability to keep the game "interesting". If the NPC gets caught with their pants down, live and learn.

What npc/mod/fight were these? Send me a facebook pm and I'll look over the stats and see what we can do to tweak the abilities

1. Favorite moments were the sensory mod, the mermaid mod, and music mod, the old man mod and the RP between Scott and Chris haha, Chadwick introducing the family to the old man (Josh) over and over, I enjoyed being on all the mods, working alongside Honey in battle and the moment when Cap'n suggested that the otter babies learn combat skills!

2. Least favorite moment was missing out on the last mod, I personally think that the night should end with all PCs involved to flow into the next event.

3. I would like to see more mods that get the PCs to collaborate together before combat happens, those were some of the best RP moments, great work on plot and NPCs for carrying those mods out!

4. Interviewers questing Chadwick on his virility and Matilda on her fertility; Matilda looks down at the three baby otters in her clutch "I think these are proof of that we're VERY efficient". Chadwick "I bwing back berrwies and babies".

Last edited:
-Honestly, just being in character, and being able to get into a fight that was not a real fight was nice. But, for the most part, being able to remove myself from a fight, but still have one, brought up nostalgia of similar moments in my childhood.
-Being able to use my spells in fights and such. I didn't get to all of them, mostly since I started to save at least one pin and shackle for possible PvP, but I got to use more spells this time.
-See Best moment
-Overall, best Winter Session Yet. The shadow clone fight was also fun, but that was just one part of that game, this whole game was tons of fun.

-The fights seem really short. It might just be me in the back, but I never am able to use my full battleboard, I don't know if that's my fault or the mod's fault for being too short. Regardless, we have a big fight this next game, so hopefully that goes well.
-I had to go to the bathroom and missed out on what appeared to be a pretty interesting mod, although I would not trade it for the fudge cookie drama that happened at camp. At the end, I felt "Very well rested", to put it bluntly.

Honestly, more mods. Also, more fudge cookies! That was a wonderful moment when Seraphina called a goblin beautiful while both drunk and aphrodisiac'd by the drugged cookie.

Seraphina was tired from quarreling with her friends, and just needed something to eat. Some person offered her a cookie, and she asked, "How much?" The merchant simply didn't speak, and offered her the cookie again. Being tired, and seeing what looked like a chocolate cookie, she just decided to take it, and consume it. Instantly, Seraphina was intoxicated by the cookie, which wasn't chocolate, but fudge. Following that, she started caressing the caravan wagon walls, calling everyone beautiful, and tripping over her feet. She then saw a goblin, and not being sober, called it beautiful. After the fudge wore off, and Seraphina realized what happened, she became red hot in embarrassment, and while the goblin was unarmed, she was still upset she called the goblin beautiful, and thought carefully about how to proceed.
(THANK YOU SO MUCH! SPECIAL THANKS TO CHELSEA!!! She played the NPC that gave Seraphina a fudge cookie.)

Last edited:
Also, do we not do NPC votes for the winter? Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but there is someone specifically I wanted to vote, and I don't see the option to do so.

Also, do we not do NPC votes for the winter? Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but there is someone specifically I wanted to vote, and I don't see the option to do so.

Traditionally, no, favorite NPC happens in only summer. If you want to give recognition to an NPC, throw it in the things you liked section.

We don’t typically do any awards during the winter weather they be for PCs or NPCs, that might change next year since this is a different campaign. But definitely feel free to state in your review if anyone stood out to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back