Mistweavers will fail

So many other children to find.

I puzzle there are 12 but yet more.

Grown, Growed, Growing, Not Found.

Collect them all I see I shall.

The Puzzler

I do ponder,
I do wonder,
Will you be up to the task? They are mine, they are mine, and so so many more "Totems" a new word I have just learned.

Let us test your intelligence - for I want not to waste my time as the Bat's allies do not seem tart nor smart.

Emperor Timmon once ruled over the Saar Empire. He was a wise and intelligent ruler, and he had in his court the Nine Hands, his nine advisors, who were each known for a particular skill. One of these Hands was Kirbal, known for his wit and wisdom. The story below is one of the examples of his wit. Do you have it in you to find out the answer?

One day a scholar came to the court of Emperor Timmon and challenged Kirbal to answer his questions and thus prove that he was as clever as people said he was.

He asked Kirbal: "Would you prefer to answer a hundred easy questions or just a single difficult one?"

Both the emperor and Kirbal had had a difficult day and were impatient to leave.

"Ask me one difficult question," said Kirbal.

"Well, then tell me," said the man, "which came first into the world, the chicken or the egg?"

"The chicken," replied Kirbal, very confidently.

"How do you know?" asked the scholar, a note of triumph in his voice.

What did Kirbal answer to this?

The Puzzler

My first would be because the egg already has a chicken in it.

Another answer might be. That is what I think is most useful to believe and I don't see much reason in going deeper into this topic. What services is it to us if we know what came first, the chicken or the egg unless they were first conjured from the air or something. We know how to get more eggs from chicken and we know how to get chickens from eggs. It is better to leave those questions that don't have a meaningful answer with a stand-in answer so that we might explore what matters. Maybe we want to figure out how to get a chicken to lay more eggs. Maybe we want to make sure more eggs get fertilized and maybe we want to make less eggs die after fertilization. There are so many things left to answer and so many puzzles to solve. Why waste time on one with little relevance. Even with that said, an exercise in epistemology is a great way to test the mind and see flaws in your thinking. We all use different frameworks, different premises. So let's just quickly see this thought experiment. So you have an egg. What happens to an egg if no one sits on it to keep it warm? It will die. So at the very least, it would need a caretaker of some kind for the egg to survive. Since I have seen no evidence of an outside source creating and starting the chicken race. I think that it is more likely chickens came first since you can have a chicken lay an egg and care for it. As for where the first chickens came from, I have no idea but the origin of where the first chicken or first egg came from is a much more interesting problem and what is even more interesting is how do you solve a problem like that. Now if you'll excuse me, it has been a long day and I must retire to my bed chambers. Good day to you and I hope we might chat more later.

At the very least this what I would say

or we can go a simple route of just having him say that " the chickens lay the eggs."

-Migs

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the right hands has already killed you, Kirbal does not need to answer although since you are speaking as Kirbal- you are clearly wrong.

Puzzler

Oh Mr Migs, the answer is far to simple.
He did not answer. He walked away.

he answered the one question already. That was a second Question.

Binks

Ahh an educated man who can see past his education.

Intriguing.

Correct Kirbal simply walked away as it was the 2nd question asked, and other hands removed the scholar. The game is afoot and maybe much more pleasurable then I had expected.

Puzzler

acumen for me the following? puzzle me this, puzzle me that,
lumen
Bitumen
Albumin
rumen
ruminate with me, which one of these does not belong?
what type of bat is used in each case?
astute for me the following? puzzle me this, puzzle me that,
Cruet, bruit
lute, jute
scute, mute
dilute, confute
solute, repute
which of these does not belong? or, well my telling more would be cheating, I do enjoy clever friends....
musically, soaking, sailing, electricity
puzzle me this, puzzle me that,
Obtuse you maybe
abduce and sluice perhaps you will,
Next a series of games afoot to find the trio of bats
a truce I may offer if you are wise,
deduce my puzzle or reduce your mind,
today is yet the beginning!
prove worthy they may even be unharmed
Puzzler

As someone who does not do any manual labor as much as possible, but keeps his health in check I vill say Bitumen does not belong with the others.

there, I have contributed!
Binks

Ahh I grow to like you.

Puzzler
(A seeming echo to his words in the dreaming)
BBAAAABBBABABAA BABBAABAAAABABBABABB AAAABAABAA AABABABAAABAAABBAABABAABB BAABBABBBA AAABBABAAAAABAA

Okay fine Ill try again,

scute, mute

Why, because its the only one without matching number of letters. The other options match its follow.

Binks,

Nevermind. I don't think there is enogh to go off of yet. Corect me if I'm wrong but the eco.
BBAAAABBBABABAA BABBAABAAAABABBABABB AAAABAABAA AABABABAAABAAABBAABABAABB BAABBABBBA AAABBABAAAAABAA
each sentance is divisable by 5. so it looks to me like. ABC DEFF GH IEJKL MEH. But maybe I'm over thinking it

many ways to get to the correct answer, Some easier then others but I tell you yes scute and mute are corRect.
ahh silly folks not reading between the lines, not sluicing to adduce the scenarios i pose, though you are doing well i must admit.
i had a FRiend once who taught me much, he tAught me to web my words iNto something special, never Casual to this day I learnt much from him and you would too, we both loved long pig, but when he died to those blasted Saar i memorialized my sus of a friend as best i could- enjoyed him i did.
B---A---C---O---N - my friend was a pig kyn known as Sir Francis Bacon of the Empire, which Empire is another story.
up up and away i tell you to have strength of mind, it will get worse before it gets better but next i will give you information you actually may want, may seek, and there will be a prize - of a fashion.
i do say i think fruity will be the first i torture and maim if the adventurers can not get the query right in 72 hours from the next query....
i leave you wondering when have you last eaten the flesh of a sentient race? i did enjoy, i enjoy it still. till tomorrow or beyond my friends.

Puzzler

While do you not have the full time to think on this question at the moment. I think it would be a Capital idea if others listen to what is said in the silence that the Puzzles is posing. We have less than 72 hours to solve this.
Aramis Seablade

According to my bacon. The echo is stating "you will be the first to die". That does not sound very polite.

Aramis Seablade

I think after reflecting on the words again the clock will not start the 72 hours till he states his next puzzle.
Aramis Seablade

Ill be the first to die? Well that is unfortunate. Can he wait another 72 years to collect?

Binks

well if the phrase is right then....wait I'm so stupid why did I take the lazy rout. Shoot.it is so simple

-Migs

Attachments

• 15897546363105131983641661807301.jpg
    15897546363105131983641661807301.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 18
Back