The Town that Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thank you for the advice, I still don't know if I am up for this task, but I will think on what you have said."
Billin takes a deep breath
"We do appear to be fractured at the moment, but hopefully going on the offensive will galvanize our forces together.
Other than the queen alienating her allies, how has things been in the capital?"

Evo sighs. "It was a hard winter, and I don't trust the politics. Even with the threat of total destuction, they bicker and posture like children. But--" He relaxes a bit, maybe in resignation, or compassion? "they are our people, and we'll do everything we can for them."

He stands up and paces. "We need to gather the trustees of the Guardians of the Lux: yourself, me, Stig, Morrigan... whoever is left. Elspeth cannot be allowed to relapse into despair or blind rage-- she is the head of the Lux now, until we speak to the Guardians together."

"Yes, that we do, although if Elspeth is determined there may not be much we can do to stop her. Though I am new to the guardianship trustee position, so you may be on better terms" Billin smiles as his eyes start to wonder the books on the table. "I need to talk to Brighthammer anyway as well, Stig had mentioned going to Dwevdi's to do some research, though I must admit, the name excapse my memory.."

"Curator of Luxx.." Stig say solemnly as he quietly enters
"Dewvdi'll point us to vhere knowledge may be found here... But Brighthammer, and maybe the others, can tell vhat they may know so have ideas before looking..."
He looks to Evo vith glazed eyes
"...dey should be talked with..." he let his words loom knowing Evo would understand

"Stig." Evo is silent for a moment as he locks eyes with the warrior.

"We need to meet, all the remaining guardians, and those of us left entrusted to them. Soon."

Stig nods in agreement
"Have you told him?" He looks to Billin

"Billin knows how Phaesos was assassinated, and he knows what happened in the Queen's court." Evo purses his lips grimly. "We need Elspeth in control of herself."

Billin nods, "I also informed Evo of our task for the Armory of the Hunters as well"

Elly stops in the doorway, walking in on an obviously serious conversation. She might have tried to disappear back through it if not for Jinn on her heels. Instead she sidles in as inconspicuously as possible, making a valiant attempt to look invisible along a far wall.

"Ment did Billin tell you of the Armory. But is good either vay"
Stig looks over his shoulder to Elly
"Vhy you hidin" he says raising an eyebrow then a nod to come over
"How are you? How vas your vinter trip?" He says softly eyes still glazed

Jinn almost runs into Elly as she stops on her heels after walking through the doorway to one of the sanctum offices. Confused, he watches her slide over to a corner, trying to go unnoticed. Jinn looks up and see's the three men talking and notices the sterner than usual look on Stig's face. He slowly walks up, making his presence known.

"Greetings Stig, how have you faired ove rthe winter? And here we have Billin and Evo, just the two men we were looking for." Jinn says with a warm smile.

Elly leans over to Stig. "That's actually why I'm here," she says quietly. "Time in my hometown has gone..." She makes a confused series of arm squiggles.

Taking a more comfortable place just behind Jinn, she nods to Billin. "Indeed. I've got a rather interesting sword we need your help with." She holds forward the cloth satchel. On further inspection, the dozens of blade fragments do appear fragile, but not obviously magical. "This old thing was the harbinger of destruction in my town. Twice."

His raised eyebrow switches sides looking to Jin
"Greetings....Orphanage"

Quietly Calan enters, hair still damp from cleaning himself up and wearing fresh clothes he silently stands behind his friend and mentor. His gaze to the middle of Evos desk and somewhat vacant.

Jinn walks up to Stig and claps him on the shoulder with a warm smile, memories of their conversion fresh in his mind.

"Oh I am sure those children will keep you on your toes, younglings can be harder to deal with then any monster you've dealt with. They seemingly never tire at that age, and are some how ever entertained and always hungry. If you ever need help with them, just let me know. I've raised a handful myself. It's good to see you friend!"

Jinn turns to Evo and Billin

"Magus, I heard you wanted to see me."

"Calan"
His head turns quickly at Ellys words and looks at the satchel
"Yes. That vould be job fer Master Billin"

"I.." Billin starts, then sighs "Yes I suppose so, but what exactly do you want my help with? These fragments definitely look like they have been through a lot. Do you want to reforge the blade? Or just analyze the shards?"

"I would imagine that is up to Elly, but the only thing I know about swords is where to stick the pointy end. We figured someone with your renown and skill might be able to tell us more about it. I am not even sure if reforging it is possible, or a good idea right now."

As he talks Jinn makes his way towards Evo and his desk, giving it a once over.

"So much paper work..."

Calan gives a nod to Stig in acknowledgment but remains silent so as not to muddy up the room with unneeded noise.

Evo watches the crowd fill the chamber. "Careful, Jinn, or I'll make you start filing that."

He turns back to Stig. "One thing at a time. Stig-- you need anything more from me? If you have time, maybe you can get the Guardians to meet us."

As Billin looks over the remains of the sword, Evo waits for his response and then nods. "Perhaps we should take a closer look first, before we try reforging anything."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back