Jinn's house

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I do believe his is currently in the library researching the history of Brighton. Shouldn't be to hard to find."

"If he's in the Sanctum library, it might be best for someone to go with you... Or at least give you a note." Phalaenopsis offered, "Jinn is a War Mage, so he should be able to get you in without problem, even if it's just with a note saying you're allowed in to look for Calan with some supervision. Just in case he's in the restricted one. Actually, come to think of it, does the Lux Sanctum have a restricted library?"

Vanion gave a shrug and raised his hands as if to say its all gobbly gook to me. "Sanctum? You know what just let him know I was by. I am in no hurry to go anywhere. it is quiet and peaceful around here." Vanion continued to follow the path northward. "It was nice to meet you Jinn."

"I assume that the sanctum has restricted sections of their library, I wouldn't know as I have never looked. If you do end up in the library Calan will be able to show you around. His rank in the sanctum should allow for a guest with little to no problems."

Jinn gives a wave as Vanion makes his way away from the house up the path. Waiting until he is out of earshot Jinn looks at Phal.

"He seems a little odd."

"The Sanctum is over that way, if you want to try yourself... But I'll pass along the message you were looking for him." Phalaenopsis called after Vanion, "Have a good stroll!"

"I mean... I was only in that shard for a day or so, but it seemed like a very dreary place. Calan and Vanion were in some kind of travelling caravan and they had to run some kind of test just to be let into a big, wall-off city. It, uh, seemed like a kind of an awful place to be at the best of times. I expect he's still getting used to living in a city... Last I knew, he was sleeping by the fire at night."

Jinn scoffs

"I've slept by a fire for over a century. The Lux is the first place I've actually lived in a building for longer than a week or so. Also the first place I've spent this long in, without moving on. City's do take some getting used to, I always find them noisy. I hope he is feeling more at home here, it's nice to see more horns around."

"I think the difference in your case and his, is that you had the option of sleeping in a city if you wanted to; I suspect, from seeing most of his companions, however briefly, that he had no choice in the matter." Phalaenopsis said, "It's one thing to have a thing available to you and not use it; it's quite another to have barely a concept of that thing while suffering for a lack of it."

"That truly does sound terrible, a stark reminder that we have may it bad, but to remember the good things. It does sound like they found some sort of... what is the word in looking for... it's on the tip of my tongue... haven! That's it! It sounds like they found a haven in that walled city at least."

Jinn chuckles for some unknown reason.

Lifting an empty bottle to his lips, a disappointed look washed over Jinns face. He places the bottle down on the porch and stands to his feet, stretching his limbs.

"Well, looks like we should get this day moving. I think I'll take a walk down to the tavern and see who is around."

Jinn nods to Phal as he gathering his things and heads to the tavern.

A short walk from the tavern Jinn decides to turn up the dirt path leading to his house. Walking up to the door he pauses for a moment, listening to see if anyone was home, and then heads inside.

Calan enters the house at a jog quickly goes into his room and retrieves one of his oldest possessions and places it in his pouch. he then runs out of the house into the commons looking for the newcomer.

Jinn watches Calan move through the house like a small tornado, rushing out as quickly as he came in. After a moment or two jinn gets up from his desi and follows.

Cato makes his way onto the deck. He pulls out a bottle and takes a drink. Sitting on the bench he stares into the woods..... "How many more of us will die before this is over....." He takes another drink.

Jinn slowly makes his way up the steps to the porch and pulls up a chair beside Cato.

"Well... anything interesting happening with you lately?"

Cato turns to Jinn "Hey man, not alot new. Just thinking about old friends I've lost to this fight....."

Jinn nods. "They are on my mind often. They are also part of why I keep going, even though it seems insurmountable most of the time."

"It's the memories of the lost that drives me most days. Some days it holds me back though as I feel responsible. I wish I could have done more......"

"That my friend, is a deep rabbit hole you do not want to go down. There is always something that could have been done, knowing what we know now. I find the best way to remember our fallen comrades, and those have still live but are no longer with us, is through good stories. Talk of the good, and sometimes the bad times you had together, that way they can live on through story and song. Those memories are what drive me to keep going. I want more good times with everyone who is still here, and if I have to close every dark reach, shove a stake into a vampire, and behead a dragon mage I will do it!"

Jinn smiles. "And I've seen one dragon mage lose his head, so this ain't my first rodeo, as they say."

He pops inside the house quickly and come out with a bottle and two glasses. He fills his glass and hands an empty one that Cato can fill with his bottle.

Jinn bellows so the entire commons can hear him, and he raises his glass to Cato. "Let's raise a glass to who came before us, may we not suffer the same fate! Lets raise a glass to those who are with us on the battle field, may we keep not only our lives, but our humanity and will to keep going. Let's raise a glass to the end of this conflict, to honor those after us, let them tell tales of our bravery!"

Clinking the glasses Jinn downs his in one go. Wiping his mouth he smiles again and looks back to Cato.

"Because if I don't hear the tale of 'the breachers and the end of the world' the being told in a tavern in a few decades.... well... I'll be pretty damn upset" he says with a laugh.

Last edited:
Jinn falls back into his chair and pulls his pipe from his satchel. With a flick of a match he lights it up smoke slowly floating towards the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back