The Dawnsteel Forge

Evo travels under the Lux, on passages only recently cleared, to the Dawnsteel forge. He calls out, "Billin? Morrigan? We need to see the Guardians."

"Ve're here. Time to see Guardians. Den other cork. Vill get yous back to Forge soon"

"Billin, seen er heard from morrigan?"

"I have not, but I have been busy since returning to the Lux, will she be joining us?"

"Not if ve cant find her"
He turns to Evo
"Should ve look for others or just have talk vith them later?"

Mar pipes up having kept to the background "I think its best to gather as many as we can so they see us acting in concert with each other"

"Not many left or around. Morrigan Talon Arlyne Sarryn. Others lost or just gone"

Morrigan walks into the Dawnsteel Forge, she figured it was likely that she would find at least Billin here to bring her up to speed on what she has missed in her brief time away from the Lux.

Seeing everyone gathered there she smiles and greets everyone warmly. "Hello everyone, I wasn't expected ta see so many here. But I'm happy ta see ya all. What has been happenin in the last few days I've been away."

"Soon. We have the dead to honor, and a war to fight." Evo acknowledges Morrigan-- "Good timing; we need to see the guardians."

"Ah, sounds like we have much to discuss then. As for tha guardians, I just came from Confiance, she knows we will wish to speak ta them but she said tha they will let us know when. They have a lot ta discuss themselves before they can give us any answers." She looks at each of them. "But what news of the war is there that I have missed?"

Stigandr looks to his happily arrive friend and gives a solemn nod
"As Evo said... Glad your here. Could use her help after vith Billin n Mar"
Looking back to Evo
"Should go now? 'N should tell Morrigan now or vith guardians?"

Morrigan looks at Stig. "Might as well tell me know, it could be a bit before we can see the guardians"

Evo nods, "I don't know if Billin and Stig have spoken to you about the sword of the late King Ulric, but I'll leave the details to them. In brief, it appears that the blade has finally decided to speak again, and directs us to several artifact-grade weapons to be used against Culdranth."

"Beyond that, much has transpired. In addition to declaring war on the great Conflagration, Queen Ava last night made it clear that we are to begin the offensive against the vampire lord, and to continue our mission to defeat Al Zoon. And as you are painfully aware, his first target was our dear Phaesos. The vacuum left in his wake is what we need to consult the Guardians about. Elspeth may not feel ready to assume the mantle, but I do not know who else would fill the role. She needs our support, a proper memorial, and to act without delay. That, and we must discover if we have any defence against the vampire lord doing the same to any of the rest of us."

He continues. "The Queen cast public suspicions on Ral'Endas. She claims they threaten her trade routes and that the Dwarves are fortifying the tunnel entrance near the small village of Estelmere. They were not the only ones Queen Ava made hostile overtures to last night. In speaking to Lord Az'Caine, Her Majesty called Aethusa "his dragon," and the insult was not lost on him. Even the Empress was slighted by her promoting Colson, the man hated by Shadowrose, to General."

"Something is not right with the Queen, and we need to find out if it can be helped before Her Majesty alienates every ally she has." Evo pauses. "I have thoughts I might share privately, as well."

"the sword of destiny spoke to us about weapons called the hunters armoury that we need to find and reassemble" Mar says speaking up "there is a bow, a one-handed sword, a hammer, a shield, a two-handed sword and a staff. We need to find the framents of each and the plans to each them reforge them as a joint undertaking between the hammer outfitters and the home guard." he pauses to take a breath "these weapons are to be used for fighting culdranth and only him and are to be wielded only by those the two guilds trust completely"

"As it sounds like the Guardians need time, I have other business to attend. I'll be in Calanhelm briefly, then I intend to return back to the Sanctum here in the Lux." Evo moves to exit the Forge.

Stigandr clenches his fists writhes a bit at mention of Phaesos' death but holds to contain his anger. Listening to the others explain what has been happening he nods along. As Evo speaks on his departure he gives him a wave good by and turns to the rest of the group
" K. Ve should be on vay for research then?
Morrigan, glad yous back. You vish to come n help?"
He says while in turn to head out

Back