Fake Beard vs Makeup?

Pokethulu

Fighter
Public Relations Committee
Hello Everyone,

I am putting together a male elf. In order to accentuate the masculinity of the character I want them to have a beard and mustache. I have been looking at beard and mustache tutorials online. I both to appear realistic and to in no way be confused with being a dwarf. Would you all suggest that I experiment with makeup or a lace front beard and mustache combination? I am leaning towards makeup with contouring as I am thinking that with a hot summer event it might be easier to maintain for me.

Does anyone have any advise?

Thank you,
Amanda

I would just go with the makeup/contouring + Elf ears. That should be more than enough.

Though if you go with a beard as long as the Elf ears are showing and it isn't braided it should be fine. Though the Summer months it could get warm depending on the length.

You could also try some stubble makeup. Every super light hair would give a stubbled look if not shaved for a few days.

I would second the stubble look. I even had a sponge in my stage makeup kit specifically for it. If you want I can take a look for one and send the info your way.

I would second the stubble look. I even had a sponge in my stage makeup kit specifically for it. If you want I can take a look for one and send the info your way.
Yes please.
Amanda

Thoughts? I didn't have a stipple brush or more browns.

20220514_133738.jpg20220514_134632.jpg

Back