Task for the August Market

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
We're finally making strides in the war effort and perhaps we can start to reclaim the Western front. However there are likely many task we are needed to aid with in a weeks time. Perhaps we can get a head start and see what we have to tackle.

During my last few weeks I tried to enlist the aid of two prior adversaries, Cleavius and Eberus. While Eberus was no where to be found I located Cleavius and stated our case. While no rejection was given, he said he'd "think about" joining against the Thonians. It's a small start to a hopeful large impact.

If someone has a whispering wind scroll for purchase, I would like to reach out to Eberus and make contact that way, wherever he may be.

Task:
- Contact Eberus via Whispering Wind and ask to join our cause
- Jade Dragon Musical Troupe
- Silversteel mine acquisition
- Locating The Oracle, a Thonian Tactician
- Investigating Thonian area of interest.
- Fey Hunt lead by Huntswoman Mint

- Squire Captain Cassandra Malvern

Last edited:
The "Jade Dragon Musical Troupe'' is spreading lies and slander in their music and plays about Viscount Julian, whose husband and children were held captive by Royalists. Viscount Julian was coerced into Royalist service until they were rescued.

I followed the troupe around and discovered that each member is incredibly vain and they often argue amongst themselves over creative differences. They also don’t have a clear leader. I get the feeling that the reason why they have a bodyguard is they don’t have much courage when confronted by any physical threats. Their bodyguard is easily persuaded by drink and gambling.

I think that if we can distract the guard and with some late night booze and gambling the rest of the troubadours will be easily taken care of on the subject of slander. Maybe we could get the lyricists to fight each other while drunk in addition, split up, and corner them one by one? Whatever that might mean is up to us and what we feel the situation calls for.

-Margrave Auryn of Wayside

I've met a merchant revently who sold me some of an alloy known as silversteel. Silversteel is a vital component for the opperation of the constuct repair room and the maintanence of our construct soldiers. With it, our soldiers are nigh invincible. Unfortunatly the material has no other uses and the mine is long since inoperational. Im putting together funds to get the mine up and running again but my purse is light already. I plan to be taking donations contributing to the opperation of this mine. I could ramble more about my construct work but I'll leave it at this.

In other news, the Seekers guild has located the final two nexus points we've been searching for. With the gems I created properly installed, we should have the Curator mostly under our control. With the Curator under our control, we can gain full access to Evodirs vaults and we will be able to enter the area in which the Dragon Orbs are located. From there we can really start to dig deeper into what they are, and possibly learn more about this world through their memories, or even restore the memories to the respective dragons.

-Magician Beryl M.R.

More to your point Cassandra, Cleavius is an immensly skilled warrior. I've no doubt he'd send Hildegard packing if the two of them fought. If he wants coin... well there's a palace of solid silver I know about that is nothing but a monument to a failed dynasty.

-Magician Beryl M.R.

I recently was contacted with a request for the Adventure's guild to be engaged to full fill a contract in aid to the war effort against Thonian. Seems our invaders have received some sort of VIP tactician code named "The Oracle" since then there have been seemingly random tombs and mausoleums hit. They might be gathering items of power.

We have been charged with being a problem in the way of the Thonian army's objectives, as well as find out the objective.

Option A) Capture "The Oracle" and git the info from them.

Option B) Vision Scrolls,
Magician Beryl, or Luke Bluewolf I think you are our Celestial Formalists. Magic Guild has some spare scrolls but we need to provide components.

- Grand Master Gertrude Clayheart
Senior Merchant
Adventure's Guild

I have spent my time hunting with Lor’tek's fay hunters and have a better understanding of who is at play in the Wild Hunt. I used my resources in the Slayers guild to find a great Fey Creature that seems to have been ignored so far by the other hunters. I would like to lead a mission to kill the beast this coming market day.

This furthers the mission of making Lor'tek Lord of the Hunt so we can get an Erabellan added to the hunts marshals next year. Which in turn should help us create a hope of control over the the Hunt to minimize its damage to Erabella.

-Huntswoman Mint

Updated.
Has the Council approached the Adventurers Guild yet with task to fulfill?

-Cass

Yes they have. Gerty has detailed it above but here is a summary. Ideally we want to capture "The Oracle" and find out what is at the seemingly random areas the Thonian army has been going and possibly where they are headed next. If we can't capture them there are vision scrolls available to us (minus the components) to use instead of capturing "The Oracle".
-Huntswoman Mint

Back