2.0 Character Building Help

Just a notice to people who may be thinking about previous playtests, intercept can be used to take a spell for someone else, and no longer locks that behind a magic item. I'm sure there are others like that too, so keep that in mind before ignoring a skill.

One interesting aspect of the 2.0 Rules is the change in skill prerequisites, from particular skills to an amount of XP spent in a skill category, and how that relates to skill costs for different classes. This change makes it viable for a Scholar to get a Dodge to go along with a few ranks of Alchemy (or Trapmaking).

Also Channeling is a relatively inexpensive way for almost anyone to get a few "pick me up" heals.

I guess I just want to clarify for sure - with this as a chance to "rebuild" our characters, does this mean we can add skills without having been taught them (within reason)?

I guess I just want to clarify for sure - with this as a chance to "rebuild" our characters, does this mean we can add skills without having been taught them (within reason)?

In Dragonreach & Kalinthas there's always a teacher in all the major cities that you can visit right before showing up to adventure. Both areas provide these services to adventurers free of charge.

That being said, you don't need teacher tags for anything in the playtest.

So buy and build your character however you'd like.

Back