2012 Pre- Season Work Weekends

All,

Our pre-season work weekends will be the Weekends of:

March 31, April 1
April 7 (Saturday only, as Sunday is Easter)
April 14, 15

Please post back if you we can expect you at any of these.

Bring clothes you don't mind getting dirty and preferably a good pair of work gloves. Tasks will include general cleanup from the winter, clearing out deadfall and other debris and hopefully some cool projects including light construction, landscaping and painting. There will likely be some props related stuff to do. Maggie can clue you in more on that.

Feel free to come down any time Saturday morning. Also, sleeping accomodations will be available for Saturday night. As always, please bring bedding, air mattresses, etc.

Also, make sure to sign in and sign out to be sure and get your full goblin stamps. Sign in sheets will ALWAYS be on the bar in the tavern for work weekends.

As always, you get generous goblin stamps for your work at the site and for your driving mileage in getting to the site. Those that work a full day (8 hours or more) will get one Magic Item pick for the weekend.

Hope to see you there,

Scott

I should be down for one of the two non easter weekends. If the wife feels up to it I might bring her along as well

Jeremiah

We'll be glad to have you Jeremiah. Work weekends tend to be a lot of work but a lot of fun. You also get to meet people Out of Game.

Scott

There will definitely be plenty of props work to do! We're hoping to tackle reorganizing the costume closet/that place where everybody throws things they don't know where else to put into JUST the costume closet, so for those folks who aren't big ditch-digging, boulder-carrying types, we still have stuff for you to do!

I should be up there the evening of the 31st thru the first of april. I have to do an inventory of Logistics and some measurements aside from that im eager to help!

I'll try to make it up for the 31-1, but it all depends on my work schedule. :)

There for Mar. 31-Apr. 1 and Apr. 14-15.

Annnd now i cant attend. Mandatory meetings that weekend

Attention Alliance HQ Staff Members,

Please consider the work weekend just before our first event (April 15/16) as close to a mandatory staff work weekend as I can make it. I know that not everyone can attend, but if can work hard to make it happen it would be most appreciated. We will use this as our last minute staff meeting and prep time. This way we can iron anything out the weekend before.

Best Regards,

Brian Whitham
General Manager
Alliance HQ

will people be at site friday night of just getting there sat morn and if sat more what time?
Also would a chain saw be useful? And if it would, would anyone be able to get some gas maybe 2 gals as I would be able to bring the saw but I only have a 5 gal tank and no way to bring other then in the vehicle with me and I am a smoker, so no good, you know smoking, open sparks and gas vapers.....we do not want to hear of an exploding truck, of a real life fire storm.

Please do not get to the site before 10 AM on Saturday. We should be up there by then :)

An extra chainsaw would be helpful, as we will be doing a lot of tree clearing at the creek. We will have 2 cycle gas on site. Please only bring a chainsaw if you have experience.

Also, be aware that it will be in the 30s at night this weekend. Please bring appropriate bedding. You may also bring a modern, safe space heater.

Scott

I am scheduled to work at 8AM this saturday. I'm not sure how long it will take, but I will be up after work and be staying thru sunday. Hoping to convince Joe to come too... :)

Would it be a problem if I brought 2 small children and my wife along on the 31st-1st weekend? She might be able to help out when not watching the two younger ones and I wouldn't be able to stay overnight so it would probably be Saturday morning.

As long as they don't get in the way, that's fine.

Please don't arrive at the site until 10 am at the earliest.

Scott

I will be back down this weekend with the wife scott, and out of curiosity is it one item pick per weekend or one item pick total weather you do one weekend or three?

Please note, this weekend is Saturday April 7 only due to Easter.

You get one MI pick per work weekend.

Scott

Ill try this weekend. How late are people going to be there Saturday? Next weekend Ill be down early evening saturday and all day sunday. Im sorry im not free more. So damn excited for this year.
*update* ill be there with sarah saturday around 8 pm.
We will work on sunday as well. leaving between 4-5.

Kyle

Thank you so much to everybody who showed up this past weekend! You guys were immensely helpful, and we got a lot done. :D Jeremiah, it was awesome to meet ya'!

I'll be there tommorrow with Henry. Any tools I should bring other than my hands?

The fingers on my right hand are numb from shooting over a thousand nails out of the nailgun this weekend. I think it was worth it.

Scott

Back